• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Critical Hit! ~ The Fire Emblem *Universe* Club

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
  • Jc2e0bX.png
    bJhc8rD.png

With a third DLC storyline where you go neutral apparently.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Ah dammit I guess we really are getting 2 versions. Suppose I'll go for the one with the "bad" or "evil" story. At least the neutral storyline is DLC.

So which one are y'all planning to get? Or are ya gonna get both?

Years
  • It's a shame that they're doing two versions! I would love to play both, but probably will be unable to afford buying both games. I like the look of the second game, I'll probably get that one first. However, unlike pokemon, these two games look like they'll have drastically different storylines, so maybe I'll have to get both!

Well, I've got about a year to decide, lol. These games look fantastic anyway! <3

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • Ah dammit I guess we really are getting 2 versions. Suppose I'll go for the one with the "bad" or "evil" story. At least the neutral storyline is DLC.

So which one are y'all planning to get? Or are ya gonna get both?

Actually incorrect, Nintendo has stated that the American and European releases are going to have both versions on the same game. The Japanese releases are going to be unique as each title is going to only cover one side of the story strangely. The neutral storyline DLC that is also slated will be released worldwide when its made available.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Actually incorrect, Nintendo has stated that the American and European releases are going to have both versions on the same game. The Japanese releases are going to be unique as each title is going to only cover one side of the story strangely. The neutral storyline DLC that is also slated will be released worldwide when its made available.
    Wait, really? Why would they do separate versions in Japan but put em together in one game for the rest of the world? If that really is the case that's great, but it sounds a little odd. Just as long as it's not some eShop only shit. I don't have the space for a whole game on my SD card.

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
  • Wait, really? Why would they do separate versions in Japan but put em together in one game for the rest of the world? If that really is the case that's great, but it sounds a little odd. Just as long as it's not some eShop only ****. I don't have the space for a whole game on my SD card.

It seems that Japan might be getting the short end of the stick in that regard. It could be Nintendo trying to monetize the vastly more prevalent popularity of the fire emblem franchise in their home country...

Fire Emblem has always been much more popular in Japan than it has been in other regions. Awakening was the first massive step forward for the franchise overseas, being the only fire emblem game that received massive popularity pretty much world-wide. Of course their were other Fire Emblem titles released over here to a very positive response, but I can say with absolute certainty that none of them reached Awakenings level in popularity.

This is the next game after Awakening and while Nintendo are very confident with the popularity Awakening received over here... it seems to me they don't want to push their luck.

Basically, I think they're only selling two versions in Japan because Japan is the only place where Fire Emblem is popular enough for them to feel comfortable with selling two versions. In Japan, both versions will sell, they'll sell very well and Nintendo knows this.

Over here however, while Fire Emblem is popular... the conversations displayed so far show pretty well that we would not be happy with two different versions being released simultaneously. Nintendo know this as well.

Pokémon doesn't have this problem because it's a damn near world-wide phenomenon, Fire Emblem simply hasn't reached that status yet and may never do so.

That's my take on it anyway. If this game is as popular as Awakening was over here... and if the two version strategy works very well in Japan... then you can take my prediction that the Fire Emblem to follow "If" will be split into two versions for us as well. (Assuming that it isn't just a one time gimmick for "If" that is.)

In the end would it really be that bad though? If we got our Fire Emblem games in double packages from here on out? Each representing a different side of the in game war presented? Who knows? Regardless, I think thinking into the games following this one is a little too prediction heavy, so for now just take the two version plan as a way for Nintendo to make more money without pushing their luck.

But in the end? That's just a theory. A GAME THEORY. Thanks for reading.

Reactions: Nah
    Years
  • Actually incorrect, Nintendo has stated that the American and European releases are going to have both versions on the same game.

Where was that confirmed? They were vague about it during the Direct and I can't find any statement on it anywhere.

Also hopefully they include the third route on the same cartridge as well (as it should be) if this is the case, otherwise I'll only be buying this used, if I even buy it at all. Plus, I don't particularly like either side based on what little we know about them so far

Cura

Years
  • Wait, really? Why would they do separate versions in Japan but put em together in one game for the rest of the world? If that really is the case that's great, but it sounds a little odd. Just as long as it's not some eShop only muk. I don't have the space for a whole game on my SD card.

Where was that confirmed? They were vague about it during the Direct and I can't find any statement on it anywhere.

Also hopefully they include the third route on the same cartridge as well (as it should be) if this is the case, otherwise I'll only be buying this used, if I even buy it at all. Plus, I don't particularly like either side based on what little we know about them so far

It was in after-direct press discussions. From what I reading through, information has been changed or reworded.
    "Japan will get two different versions of New! Fire Emblem, (different paths) NA will get one with the other as DLC." This means that America and Europe will not have full access to the Nohr storyline unless they have DLC? You are thinking, 'seriously?' when you read that, but there might be something about this. And might be this way due to another issue though from what I looking at it.

We are getting the full game, Nintendo said we are so why is Japan getting two different versions? Its because one variant focuses on a certain side while the other focuses on the other. In a nutshell, its like Pokemon in a way.

But what about us? Nintendo stated (like said prior) we are getting the full game, so my concept is that Japan is getting the two versions to fit all of the content as possible onto the cartridge, due to it's space limitations. Now we are going to get the finished game, but in my opinion, it'll be excluding additional missions or events that the JPN release will have. This is where the DLC comes in where Nintendo wants you to buy the game for like 40$ and then the DLC is 5$ for the additional content. All in all, people will still be upset that we are not getting everything at once, but its in a fashion where Nintendo wants you to play the game first and then try out the additional stuff when you are ready and you know. If the game works out, I'm willing to pay 5-10$ for the additional content. Look at Awakening for example, the additional content was enjoyable (in my opinion) and it was affordable so Nintendo knows what to do with their stuff. Plus, there was free-DLC content given through just connecting to the Internet, so my hope is that they'll continue that tread where you get bonus stuff for just playing the game.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Sounds to me like we're still getting 2 versions, just that only one is available on cartridge and the other is eShop only. And I doubt that it'd be only 5-10 dollars either; it's essentially half a game.

Years
  • Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
  • Have you guys seen the initial reactions towards SMT x FE? I'll just post a link here, since it's really vulgar for PC to allow.

It makes you wonder why the otaku culture gets a bad rep in western regions, which also resulted in hating Awakening.

I think it looks freaking awesome. Let the haters hate it. I couldn't care less to be honest. I'm still going to get the game, play the game and hopefully love the game. *Shrugs.*

SMT is an amazing franchise but the main series games didn't sell as well as the Persona spin offs did in the West. So yes, of course there's going to be a "Persona"-esque vibe to it.

People getting up in arms about it need to get their priorities straight and their heads checked. Imo.

Cura

Years
  • I think it looks freaking awesome. Let the haters hate it. I couldn't care less to be honest. I'm still going to get the game, play the game and hopefully love the game. *Shrugs.*

SMT is an amazing franchise but the main series games didn't sell as well as the Persona spin offs did in the West. So yes, of course there's going to be a "Persona"-esque vibe to it.

People getting up in arms about it need to get their priorities straight and their heads checked. Imo.

I think there are too many butt-hurt people in the Great West. I mean seriously, they don't know when to shut up half the time. The game itself looks completely amazing and I'm going to get that game. Heck, when it was original announced (the project) I was excited, then this trailer and I was completely sold. It wasn't the setting I was expecting, but knowing it is coming from Atlus, I have a feeling its going to be very good. Play some of their other titles, they are normally very good.

Years
  • I hope I'm not too late to the party!
    Username: saifors
    What's your preferred class?: Swordmaster, Berserker, Summoner are my favourites, although if I had to pick it would be Swordmaster ESPECIALLY GBAFE swordmaster that crit animation is fabulous.
    Who is your favourite character? Joshua, Vaike is a close second. (honourable mentions go to Fin, Lex and Lute)
    What is your favourite Fire Emblem related music? Together We Ride.
    What was your favourite moment from playing any one the Fire Emblem games? FE4's Belhalla massacre (not spoiling it) although saying it's my favourite isn't exactly right, more the most feels giving moment.
    Who is/are your favourite Lord(s) from the Fire Emblem Games? Sigurd, this guy, just, I have no words, and it only makes me feel even worse with everything he's forced to go through and
    Spoiler:

What are your favourite pairings?
    MarthxShiida
    JulianxLena
    SigurdxDeirdre
    AzelxAideen
    MidirxBrigid
    FinxAira
    LexxLachesis
    ShannaxDeke
    EliwoodxNinian
    LynxRath
    HectorxFlorina
    RebeccaxWil
    MathewxLeila
    ErkxSerra
    NinoxJaffar
    EirikaxLyon/Seth
    EphraimxMyrrh
    JoshuaxNatasha
    ColmxNeimi
    LutexArtur

Also on the subject we'll get if as "one version here and will have to buy the other as DLC", from that wording it sounds like we'll only get to choose one version and the only choices we'll be making is to buy dlc or to not buy dlc, hopefully this isn't the case as with Awakening's popularity we'll probably get Hoshido and have to buy Nohr as dlc, and I wanted Nohr for being more like the old FE games and it might now be behind a paywall... And I have no idea how the e-shop works.

Last edited:

Euphoric

Indefatigable
    Years
  • Username: Euphoric
    What's your preferred class?: Sniper/Berserker/Swordmaster
    Who is your favourite character?: Anna, Rebecca, Joshua, Rutger, Dart...I could go on

Wasn't there another FE club? Might've closed, though.

Favorite music -
    FE7: Together We Ride, Reminiscence, Unshakable Faith
    FE8: Comrades
    Awakening: Don't Speak Her Name, Id (Purpose)
    Favorite Lord - Roy's our boy, Lyn, Ephraim

Last edited:

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • So yeah, I've heard that FE is getting two versions of the game? Sweeet, I would totally buy both, coz love the Awakening-styled Hoshido version, and the very different Nohr styled gameplay :]

Which reminds me to finish Awakening already gdi

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I'll add you guys soon!

Just wanna make a discussion - What sorts of features do you want in Fire Emblem 14 / Fire Emblem if?

Cura

Years
  • What sorts of features do you want in Fire Emblem 14 / Fire Emblem if?

Every feature from Awakening and more really. Its just Awakening had a lot of polish done to it and I'd love to see these features return.

Back