• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Set or Switch?

Years
  • prefer switch when normally playing through but set when i'm doing a challenge or some sort

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Usually switch for me. Think I've only had it on set during nuzlockes and maybe some other kind of challenge.

blueghost17

I Am The Ghost Under Your Bed!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2019
    Always set. It just feels unfair to me that NPC trainers can't switch.

Years
  • I've always played on switch, although honestly I wouldn't mind playing on set. Apparently it makes the games a bit more challenging, which is nice.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Switch, as it's the default and I don't mind it. I can get enough of Set mode whenever I do competitive. :V

Years
  • While I self-impose a rule of no switching out in important battles, I've never actually bothered to change the setting over to set. Switch helps me level up my weaker Pokemon faster by being able to have them face off against multiple stronger opponents in a battle, while letting my higher leveled Pokemon eat the hit from switching in.

Years
  • Used to play set all the time back when I only trained one Pokémon. Made things soo much faster. Switch nowadays tho, since I mostly always use a full team. Would probably be nice to set the mode to set when I'm training one Pokémon at a time but it's nice to be able to switch out and such when I need to heal, so I never change it aha

Years
    • Online now
    Switch in the older games, since it makes distributing experience less tedious.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Always set to switch unless I'm doing some sort of challenge such as a nuzlocke or something.

Back