• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to PC Survivor Island!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
  • Welcome to PC Survivor Island!

If you're viewing this thread, then you're either a spectator or you've committed your life to coming to PokeCommunity's very own Survivor Island! I'm sure many of you are wondering what exactly this is and I'm here to explain. Survivor is a reality show competition that pits competitors against each other in life-or-death situations, challenging them to use their resourcefulness in order to outwit, outplay, and outlast each other. Don't worry about having to conserve food and water, though; we won't have to get that extreme! In any case, there's some things you should make note of before the game begins.

Teams & Alliances
    You've been split up into teams, as you can see. These are the players that you'll be playing with the majority of the game. Get familiar but not too familiar; some of them will be gone shortly. You've been granted a subforum for each team to discuss your challenges and strategize. There's no particular way to do this, though I would suggest creating a thread once a challenge has begun to optimize your chances of efficiently getting through a challenge without suffering. Try not to blindside people too early because it might come back and bite you in the rear.

Your teams are as follows:

Spoiler:

A quick hint: if you're one that's bent on winning this game, consider an alliance. An alliance is a close group of friends within the game that would attempt to... turn each voting period in their favor. It might be worth your while.

Team Representative
    Once the event begins officially, teams will be asked to elect a representative among themselves. This representative will be in charge of sending in entries for challenges to me as well as distribute points earned during challenges to individual players, which could be based on participation, team spirit, etc.: whatever the representative thinks is appropriate. It's important that the rep be someone all the team members trust (at least for now) because they will hold a lot of weight when it comes to the team's success.

Elimination & Poison
    Elimination is a prominent part of Survivor and will be how a victor is won. However, I won't be eliminating anyone: you will. As players, you will all be the arbiters of who stays and who goes. After challenges, the losing team may have to vote off a member and it'll all be done in private so your backstabbing won't be made public... in most cases. There will be other instances where a player will be given the opportunity to snake around the rules and hold the power to eliminate another member without question, but beware that it might come with consequences. You're all sweet enough to be loyal to your friends though, right? Let's hope so, for their sake... >:)

Elimination can also occur in the form of being poisoned. Poison is a state in which a player has a set elimination date, usually after the following challenge from whence they are poisoned. In some cases, a team will have the ability to save their player from poison via winning a challenge, but in other cases the poison is unavoidable.

Elimination begins once a challenge ends and will last no longer than twenty-four hours, sometimes less depending on my mood. Votes for whom to eliminate will be accepted via private message only. Posting in your team's subforum will probably do nothing more than instigate whoever you're voting for, so avoid it if you want to stay afloat. If there is a supermajority in voting I will likely end it early and begin the next challenge, eliminating ensuing.

Points & Purchases
    Points will be awarded for challenges through various means, such as getting questions on quizzes correct or submitting the correct combinations of answers, so on and so forth. The points are awarded to the team and the team representative will be the one in charge of distributing the points however they please. Once points have accumulated, there are certain items that players may purchase for themselves. Players may purchase an Invincibility Token for five points: this grants them immunity for one challenge of their choosing. Players may purchase an Elimination Token for three points: this grants them the ability to poison another player, which will eliminate the player after one challenge.

Remember: the Team Representative is the one that has the power to decide where the points go.

Challenges
    Challenges are the main event of Survivor. Challenges are games and contests that teams will participate in under a time limit. Challenges will last two-four days, with two being the minimum amount of days and four being the most. Few exceptions will be made; extensions are not out of the question, but unlikely. The team representative will be the one in charge of sending in challenge answers. Every challenge varies in its rules and consequences so stay vigilant.

You may use the remainder of today for whatever you need. Use this thread to share your excitement, your thoughts, ask questions, introduce yourself (or you can use your team forum to introduce yourself) - whatever you need. Once the game begins, there will be no mercy so clear your minds and steel your nerves while you can.

Post here to confirm you've read. If you don't it might spell bad news for you...

Last edited by a moderator:

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • Ok, this sounds like an awesome event. Really looking forward for it to start! I'm really excited.

I do not have any questions at the moment, but I'll make sure to post any that come to mind.

Good luck to all the contestants. Let's have a blast, shall we?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    lol, were teams decided from that crazy survey?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Is it just me or is this total drama island?

Anyways so can't wait for this lel ^^

Not much resembles Total Drama Island except the fact there's two teams and... that's about it. But I'm glad you're excited anyway.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    HI DAVID I READ YOUR POST I JUST WANTED TO COMMENT BECAUSE YOU'RE BEGGING ME

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • Not much resembles Total Drama Island except the fact there's two teams and... that's about it. But I'm glad you're excited anyway.

lol there are many more. Not gonna say it if you don't want to.

And yeah I'm super excited

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Oh my gerd. This sounds great :) can't wait

EDIT: Question? Will we have something dedicated to those "anonymous" cut-aways where everyone just vents, whatever the hell and then used against us during the reunion special? That maybe strecting too far probably. :p

Last edited:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • EDIT: Question? Will we have something dedicated to those "anonymous" cut-aways where everyone just vents, whatever the hell and then used against us during the reunion special? That maybe strecting too far probably. :p

If you mean confessionals, there will be a period where we'll be doing those.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • WOW, you're going really detailed with this, it looks great!
    I'm freaking hyped!
    Looks like i have friends on both my team and the other, but that doesn't change a thing :D, i'm still gonna win!

That weird survey was the factor to choosing teams, i suppose.
    May we all have the best of luck, but don't get your hopes up :P

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Team 2 rules! This event is much bigger than I expected haha, now I'm looking even more further to it :P Hopefully this post will spell good news for me...

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • #Team2 is <3

I love it how I'm the first one on the list, although I know that doesnt mean totally anything :P Now, I'm getting worried, since there are a lot of my friends on Team 2 D:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    hello i am posting because i do not want to spell bad news because i am terrible with spelling

Back