• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge: Let's exercise at least 30 min a day for 1 week

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Today I took a forty minute walk up and down our five acre property.

It was a beautiful evening. There's nothing like an orange Australian sunset gleaming off gum trees. I saw several different birds (including a huge crow that swooped over me) and noticed that the wattles are about to flower. Looks like a storm could be on the horizon. Hopefully it doesn't interfere with this challenge too much!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I've been doing 30-45 min walks each day, and early in the morning because Houston gets really really humid and muggy these days. I did one about an hour ago for 30 minutes.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Yesterday I took a brisk walk followed by some exercises. I should tone my body a little bit, instead of potato form :B

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
I agree with Dawn shipper guy, whatever his new name is. Walking is activity, sure, but not really exercise.

It won't produce results, in any case. You'll need at least cardio, which walking isn't.

Years
I'm in! Not sure if it counts, but I was walking with my full backpack whole day. If not, then I'm starting tomorrow!

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
Dammit, i'll start tomorrow. Does power walking count? I was gonna walk a mile to the store. My stamina is bad and my body is weak so I dont want to push myself too hard.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Since this thread is here,...

Just got back from a great 1hr lifting session today.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Dammit, i'll start tomorrow. Does power walking count? I was gonna walk a mile to the store. My stamina is bad and my body is weak so I dont want to push myself too hard.

Power walking can be cardio, so long as you don't slack. Set a decent pace and keep moving.

Are you weak because you're tiny or are you bigger and that's why? Could go either way with people.

Last edited:

Resolve

I have it
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 2, 2020
I stuck with only lifting for my biceps today. My chest is unbelievably sore from yesterday's session due to low protein and carb intake and pushing myself too much.

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
Power walking can be cardio, so long as you don't slack. Set a decent pace and keep moving.

Are you weak because you're tiny or are you bigger and that's why? Could go either way with people.

I'm overweight for my height and I have joint pain :DDDDD

Hyzenthlay

Years
I'm overweight for my height and I have joint pain :DDDDD

Ouch, joint pain can be really debilitating. :( I used to get pain in my knees and sacroiliac joints, and they still act up sometimes. So I definitely advise taking things slow and finding the perfect exercise for your body.

Day 2

Today I just made the thirty minute mark before getting called inside. This time I went from walking to jogging, though I'd go back to walking when my legs became too strained.

It was another fine evening. The sky was pale blue with streaky golden clouds—they looked as if someone had run their fingers through them. I acknowledged my crazy redneck neighbour, who was taking out the wheelie bin. It was strange to see so many drunken bees on the ground. I guess they're overindulging in our hibiscus bush, haha.

Years
So I started yesterday with good old moving out from dorms. I felt like it wasn't enough, so at home I did some basic lifting and body exercises.

Resolve

I have it
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 2, 2020
Thigh and ab exercises are somehow still the toughest for me. :<

might skip out on day 5

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

Years
Day 3

I couldn't manage the long walk/jog I usually do because my mum and sister had to run an errand, leaving me with extra chores, haha. Still, taking care of a household involves physical activity, and it took me about an hour to get it all done. I also decided to jump on the trampoline, just for good measure. ^_^

It was really cold today, with misty grey skies. The weather reports say a storm could be looming. I also got zapped by static when getting off the trampoline!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I admit i slacked off today :B played frisbee for 2h straight yesterday though so my whole body is achhhhhing today and i need rest aaah

Years
I was taking it easy last two days (Which should by Day 3 and 4) and only did some exercises on the ball while I was studying.

I'll probably do the same tomorrow too.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
sdkhs I've been bad! I'll need to re-start. Ok, this is Day 1. I'll be back to update this when I deserve to :joy:

edit: I did a workout! Gotta build a little bit of muscle to not be a flob.

Last edited:

Resolve

I have it
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 2, 2020
I did slightly watered-down sessions since Thursday, but they were efforts nonetheless. I skipped today though; my body hurts like hell and I probably need at least a day of rest.

Last edited:
Years
Well, Day 5... I kinda skipped. Totally forget about exercise. I blame Gav and PR.

Today (a.k.a. Day 6) - I plan on doing the exercises on the ball once again in few minutes.

Hyzenthlay

Years
The challenge completely slipped my mind yesterday! (I couldn't post the day before due to PC being broke.) I can account for the past few days, though.

On Day 4 it really began to storm, with winds up to 50 km/h and lightning strikes. Naturally I couldn't go walking, though I managed about fifteen minutes of dashing around, bringing everything into shelter!

The storm was still going by Day 5. There really isn't room for proper exercise indoors, so today was unfortunately skipped. :(

I was able to go for a fifteen minute jog on Day 6 before the rain put an end to that, haha.

So... that must make this Day 7! I didn't get much exercise done, apart from a spot of trampolining. Feel pretty good physically, though!

It's a shame that I broke my streak, but I'll continue to try and do minimum thirty minutes each day. ^_^

Back