• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Disorders

Ida13

Gone For a While
Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    What are your 'disorders'?
    It can be anything.
    Personally, I have OCD.
    It's really annoying.
    It doesn't want me to be happy.
    But what about the rest of you? I'm sure everyone has at least one.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I was diagnosed with ADHD as a kid. Had to take medicine for it in the morning until I hit high school. Now my ADHD is what allows me to enjoy life, because I like doing (and finishing) a ton of things during a day.

I suppose I also have OCD, but not anything germ related. Just everything has to look perfect otherwise I stress out until I make it look perfect.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years
  • What are your 'disorders'?
    It can be anything.
    Personally, I have OCD.
    It's really annoying.
    It doesn't want me to be happy.
    But what about the rest of you? I'm sure everyone has at least one.

This; I'm in the same boat. It got so bad that I needed to go on meds in order to function, because I was very close to a mental breakdown. I still get moments, but not nearly as sharp and as long-lasting as it was. I just wish the meds didn't cause such a notable weight gain...

I always laugh when people corelate OCD to being tidy, because my spaces (be it my room, work desk, ect) almost always end up being messy. And no, apart from misplacing stuff from time to time, it actually doesn't trigger my symptoms.

I also have other axeity disorders, including social and general.

The anxiety, I've had since childhood, but the OCD developed more recently. The mix of these conditions isn't always easy, but I know things could be worse...

Ida13

Gone For a While
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    I was diagnosed with ADHD as a kid. Had to take medicine for it in the morning until I hit high school. Now my ADHD is what allows me to enjoy life, because I like doing (and finishing) a ton of things during a day.

I suppose I also have OCD, but not anything germ related. Just everything has to look perfect otherwise I stress out until I make it look perfect.

Yeah only some OCD is germ related.
    It definitely isn't something too common about it though.
    I really like your new profile pic also, btw.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    OCD was controlling for me as a little kid, but when I became older and learned what it was, things got easier.

It still lingers, but I'm able to recognize stuff before it gets out of control. If I catch myself doing things multiple times, I'm now able to rationalize and quickly move away.

Intrusive thoughts were the biggest problem, but I learned the less I care, the less they happen. It's pretty much been non existent now.

Ida13

Gone For a While
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    This; I'm in the same boat. It got so bad that I needed to go on meds in order to function, because I was very close to a mental breakdown. I still get moments, but not nearly as sharp and as long-lasting as it was. I just wish the meds didn't cause such a notable weight gain...

I always laugh when people corelate OCD to being tidy, because my spaces (be it my room, work desk, ect) almost always end up being messy. And no, apart from misplacing stuff from time to time, it actually doesn't trigger my symptoms.

I also have other axeity disorders, including social and general.

The anxiety, I've had since childhood, but the OCD developed more recently. The mix of these conditions isn't always easy, but I know things could be worse...

I've been trying to fight it without meds...
    Do they really help?
    Or not much?

Years
  • I wonder how many people who claim to have OCD actually have the condition and how many just like things to be neat and tidy.

For me I tick the boxes of autism, anxiety and depression. Maybe ADD, but meh. I have a physical condition too, but idk if that counts here. I try not to define myself by my problems though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I have depression and anxiety - specifically hypochondria. I also have some physical conditions such as chronic vertigo, TMJ and another one I won't name which isn't fun but they're all somewhat manageable? Getting help for my mental illnesses at the moment so hopefully things will start looking up in the future! Also I second what GP said, I try not to let the conditions I have define who I am.

Miah

╮( ^ ∇ ^")╭
    Years
  • Looking up what ADD is, I have a slight inkling I have it .-.

also I have the lazy and procrastinating disorder

Years
    • Seen today
    I wonder how many people who claim to have OCD actually have the condition and how many just like things to be neat and tidy.

For me I tick the boxes of autism, anxiety and depression. Maybe ADD, but meh. I have a physical condition too, but idk if that counts here. I try not to define myself by my problems though.

It's surprising how many people see OCD as just an organizational disorder. I don't even bother trying to explain it to people because most already have that perception and I end up feeling worse.

In my own situation, my habits were only noticed by my school, and that wasn't until 7th grade.

Years
  • It's surprising how many people see OCD as just an organizational disorder. I don't even bother trying to explain it to people because most already have that perception and I end up feeling worse.

In my own situation, my habits were only noticed by my school, and that wasn't until 7th grade.

Ouch
    Late diagnoses suck.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I also have some physical conditions such as chronic vertigo, TMJ
    We are partners in pain; living with chronic jaw pain is tiring as hell. Do you wear a splint?

Anxiety and obsessive-compulsive tendencies, btw.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    We are partners in pain; living with chronic jaw pain is tiring as hell. Do you wear a splint?

Anxiety and obsessive-compulsive tendencies, btw.

I don't! Is it helpful? I might look into it. My main problem is my jaw having quite a limited opening range - the pain itself whilst annoying is manageable. I'm really glad that my jaw has stopped popping and hurting when I yawn / sneeze though as that sucked. :(

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I don't! Is it helpful? I might look into it. My main problem is my jaw having quite a limited opening range - the pain itself whilst annoying is manageable. I'm really glad that my jaw has stopped popping and hurting when I yawn / sneeze though as that sucked. :(
    Oh that's interesting, it seems we have opposite problems: I can manage my limited opening range, but I've suffered enormous jawache (and resulting headaches) for years. I had a big clenching problem (still do) so I was treated with a combination of therapy (to be aware of the clenching and tactics against the pain) and wearing the splint. It has honestly changed my life for the better; my overall life quality has definitely improved since the pain decreased by about 60%. I still have pain but it's way more manageable than it used to be, I definitely can't go without my splint anymore.

Yours popped while sneezing? God that sounds awful. The popping itself never hurt me much, unless my head is turned sidewards. In therapy I've also practised opening my mouth more, and while it is still below average I improved by about 7 centimeters, which is a lot.

Years
  • I have a few:
    Aspergers
    Depression (long term depression aka disthymia)
    Anxiety
    Borderline Personality Disorder

And yeah, they effect me, some days are pretty bad, but I've got my family and friends.

Back