• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga The first arc: Introductions!

Years
Welcome!

Welcome to PokeCommunitiy's Anime & Manga forum! .

We like to think of A&M as a pretty cosy place. We run a fair few group events over the course of a year and, over time, you get a sense for what the other regs are interested in and what their tastes are. To help that process along, feel free to introduce yourself here and share a bit about what kinds of anime and/or manga you enjoy. If you have a MyAnimeList or AniList, feel free to share that too.

Hopefully, this will help you make some new friends who share your interests. Maybe they can even drop you some recommendations!

pkmin3033

I like magical girls, giant robots, children's trading card games with ridiculously high stakes, and anything which involves absurdly large hams screaming at one another and doing otherwise fabulous things. I don't like Madoka, ongoing shows based on manga or light novels that never get finished, clip show movies, or Sakura Matou. Quote me and recommend me stuff!

Years
I'm donavannj and I'm a crusty old fart here. I enjoy comfy slice of life series and idol anime the most, and am a source material enthusiast (meaning I like to read manga and light novels). I am also a huge figure enthusiast and will send you pictures of my figures if you ask. Or, well, I would if they weren't currently all packed away.

I'm Dawn and I'm new here :D

I like magical girls, giant robots, children's trading card games with ridiculously high stakes, and anything which involves absurdly large hams screaming at one another and doing otherwise fabulous things. I don't like Madoka, ongoing shows based on manga or light novels that never get finished, clip show movies, or Sakura Matou. Quote me and recommend me stuff!

Uhh... not in line with any of your stated likes, but have you tried Genshiken yet?

pkmin3033

Uhh... not in line with any of your stated likes, but have you tried Genshiken yet?
I have never heard of it :o

The premise sounds like something I would have liked when I was at College/University though, haha. I think my Uni had an anime society, but I was a shy butterfly and never really connected with anyone.

Years
I should also do this.

Hello, I'm gimmepie but GP also works.

I didn't actually start really exploring anime beyond typical shounen stuff until my late teens, but these days I have a really diverse and eclectic taste so it's pretty hard to narrow it down. I think technically my favourite genres now are drama and thriller, but I'm not at all above action, adventure, romcoms or SoL either. Just depends on my mood. Higurashi is my all-time favourite series. Some others I like are Serial Experiments Lain, Welcome to the NHK, Shinsekai Yori, AnoHana, and Made in Abyss. So I guess while I wouldn't call it a rule, I do have a bit of a penchant for darker stories (as long as they also have depth).

Bad writing in story-driven shows annoys me. Sorry I can't give you a more concrete dislike lmao

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Hi, I'm aeternum but typically go by Alvey. I've been around a minute and I've watched a fair few anime but don't really have any preferences. I'll watch just about anything for a few episodes. I've never fully dropped an anime before, and probably still won't. Even the 2's and 3's of the anime world have a time and place, and somebody made them regardless of how much effort actually went into their production so I should respect them by consuming what they've produced in its entirety. as long as they're not more than 12 or 13 episodes because i need to keep some of my sanity.

Here's my completed list https://myanimelist.net/animelist/alvmonster?status=2

Don't judge my cw list. I don't have the energy to separate everything out properly. Urge me to watch something on it and I'll probably do it in a day or two.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
Years
Oh, another introduction for me to do.

Hey, I'm Aisaka. I really haven't watched a whole lot but I'm really passionate about the things I have, and I'm also a big fan of slice of life and idol anime (to a lesser extent, I'm more specific with those) and I love a good drama/romance. Any big names or favourite shows include BanG Dream!, Bunny Girl Senpai, Comic Girls, Gabriel Dropout, GochiUsa/Is the Order a Rabbit, Kiniro Mosaic, Love Live!, New Game!, Non Non Biyori, and Shugo Chara.
I'm currently watching Love Live Nijigasaki, Pet Girl of Sakurasou, and Working!!. I don't read much manga but out of the series I've read that don't have an anime, I've enjoyed Komi-san and Horimiya the most.
I'm usually pretty insecure about my taste because everyone I know just enjoys a lot of high action shounen anime and I mainly just watch anime as a relaxing feel-good thing, and I usually end up falling for characters I can relate to a lot. I'm really not into darker or shounen anime in general.

Not sure what else to add besides it being nice to have a thread like this so I can say more than just vague mentions of "I like anime" on this forum. If we share any similarities or favourites, I'd love to go on and on about them.

I am also a huge figure enthusiast and will send you pictures of my figures if you ask. Or, well, I would if they weren't currently all packed away.
Whenever they end up being unpacked, sign me up. I'd love to see them, especially since I've yet to grow my collection.

Last edited:
Years
Oh, another introduction for me to do.

Hey, I'm Aisaka. I really haven't watched a whole lot but I'm really passionate about the things I have, and I'm also a big fan of slice of life and idol anime (to a lesser extent, I'm more specific with those) and I love a good drama/romance. Any big names or favourite shows include BanG Dream!, Bunny Girl Senpai, Comic Girls, Gabriel Dropout, GochiUsa/Is the Order a Rabbit, Kiniro Mosaic, Love Live!, New Game!, Non Non Biyori, and Shugo Chara.
I'm currently watching Love Live Nijigasaki, Pet Girl of Sakurasou, and Working!!. I don't read much manga but out of the series I've read that don't have an anime, I've enjoyed Komi-san and Horimiya the most.
I'm usually pretty insecure about my taste because everyone I know just enjoys a lot of high action shounen anime and I mainly just watch anime as a relaxing feel-good thing, and I usually end up falling for characters I can relate to a lot. I'm really not into darker or shounen anime in general.

Not sure what else to add besides it being nice to have a thread like this so I can say more than just vague mentions of "I like anime" on this forum. If we share any similarities or favourites, I'd love to go on and on about them.

Whenever they end up being unpacked, sign me up. I'd love to see them, especially since I've yet to grow my collection.

Drop me a VM/PM some time, Don is more in the know about idol stuff (only thing I've seen in the genre is Zombieland Saga, which was fantastic I must admit), but I can probably give you some good Drama/Romance recommendations.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
Years
Drop me a VM/PM some time, Don is more in the know about idol stuff (only thing I've seen in the genre is Zombieland Saga, which was fantastic I must admit), but I can probably give you some good Drama/Romance recommendations.
Thanks! I'm not looking for any right now but once I am I'll be sure to swing by.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
Hello everyone,

I'm Teresa, my favorite genre is "children avoiding being murdered", and I'm all about openings and endings that SLAP.

Nice to meet you (again)!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I'm Kory, and I mostly like mahou shoujo, moe slice of life, lgbt anime series, idol/music/actor anime, but I'll pretty much watch anything there is, in fact, if you look at my Kitsu page, you'll see I've seen over 2,000 anime since I started my anime journey. I watch anime seven days a week, and pretty much have been since 2013, but I started watching anime in 2008...2009, yes. So, I've been watching anime since I was about 12. I didn't start watching anime as a full commitment until 2013, but I did read manga quite regualrly before that, but I don't actively keep a record of what I've read, sadly. But, what got me interested in manga was Fruits Basket, so I hold it near and dear to my heart.

Lately, I've been considering trying other language dubs that aren't english or japanese for anime, but it seems they're pretty hard to come by, but I'm sure I'll find some somewhere.

Years
Hi everyone!! My name is Sheep or Janna and I've been into anime since the late 1990s. My favorite genres are magical girls, slice of life series (such as Is the Order a Rabbit?), well-animated action/shonen (if done by a studio I am a fan of, like Bones), and overall cute stuff. I do enjoy a lot of other things beyond this, but tend to find myself pulled more towards the cute and soft series than anything else nowadays. Still, series like Your Life in April and FMA Brotherhood are still epic and I'd be down to watch more like that. I enjoy emotionally hurting myself. :D

(I still need to start Promised Neverland s2 and finish the Love Live Nijigasaki anime, Hypnosis Mic, Idolish7 s2, and Food Wars s5... woops..)

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I only just saw this thread now but hi I'm Sophie! I've watched a few anime series here and there over the years since about the 7th grade and have periods where I get super interested vs. not watching at all. Honestly I have not watched too many series but I find I am open to watching most genres - I tend towards more emotional, epic anime though as vague of a description that is. I totally agree with the last part of what Janna said, I seem to love anime that will make me super emotional. :'D

I do have a MAL! I will try to remember to update it but I'm always down to add people from PC. Here it is.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
Years
Hi kids, I'm RadEmpoleon but you can call me Anthem! I wasn't the biggest anime fan when I was younger. Not that I hated it or anything, I only watched a few (mostly from my brother making me watch with him). A few months ago (I think in February?) I fell down the anime rabbit hole. I still don't watch many now, but I am very invested in the ones I'm watching. I mostly watch the more well-known ones now but I'm open for suggestions!

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
Years
Hiiii!~

I'm tenfrogs. I've been watching anime for a v v v long time, but I've only just recently gotten into manga. Here is my MAL profile, I'll be keeping it updated regularly with the anime that I've been watching and the manga I've been reading. Right now I'm almost finished Irina The Vampire Cosmonaut for my review for this months Anime Watch Challenge!

Days
  • Seen yesterday
Hello I'm Lark!

In high school I was very much a shonen fan (Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, D. Gray Man, FMA, Black Butler, etc). Then I was off the anime/manga train for a while. Now as an adult, it's been harder to find things I like. Not because there aren't good series- there are many- but because the things I tend to like (like deep worldbuilding) aren't necessarily obvious from a back-of-the-book blurb or summary.

My absolute favorites include Beastars (and Beast Complex), and Dungeon Meshi/Delicious in Dungeon. I'm currently reading Vinland Saga.

Years
Hello I'm Lark!

In high school I was very much a shonen fan (Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, D. Gray Man, FMA, Black Butler, etc). Then I was off the anime/manga train for a while. Now as an adult, it's been harder to find things I like. Not because there aren't good series- there are many- but because the things I tend to like (like deep worldbuilding) aren't necessarily obvious from a back-of-the-book blurb or summary.

My absolute favorites include Beastars (and Beast Complex), and Dungeon Meshi/Delicious in Dungeon. I'm currently reading Vinland Saga.
Welcome!

Back