• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Mantine Surfing minigame to grant points for Move tutor, items

Years
  • Well, for those who wondered whether or not there was a point to using Mantine Surf over Charizard's Fly... there you have it.

Also SUPER pleased that Move Tutors are confirmed to be in USUM. It seemed fairly obvious being a kind of a third game that it would, but I was still slightly worried. Not anymore!

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Heeelllllooooo?!

So Mantine Surf does have a purpose? Sign me up! Move tutors all the way! I just hope they don't have it for ridiculously high points or anything like that. I will say I'm a bit disapointed they didn't change much for Fesitval Plaza, but considering they brought it back to begin with, I don't know what I was expecting smh. I don't think I'll be using it that much compared to last time though so there's that.

Years
  • There is another novelty in this area, but we can not talk about it right now. We can only say that it is related to the combat system of previous games

I wonder what this "novelty" is. I'm being cautiously optimistic that it'll be something worthwhile, but it seems to be something that they plan to reveal later on.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I wonder what this "novelty" is. I'm being cautiously optimistic that it'll be something worthwhile, but it seems to be something that they plan to reveal later on.

Its definitely very intriguing. I'm wondering if maybe there will be online battle cafes in the Festival Plaza?

Years
  • Awesome to hear Move Tutors got confirmed, though I was expecting them to happen anyway like other "updated" versions. This will actually give me an incentive to try this awesome new Mantine minigame now!

Years
  • Now I really hope that Mantine minigame won't be so boring as it looks like and there'll be another way to earn points for Move Tutors. I would prefer the ORAS way to be honest.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Whilst the Battle Tree likely isn't going anywhere and we earn BP the usual way in a battle facility ito is nice that those who don't like battling or don't have a battle ready team available have a way to get BP.

The mystery place may be related to whatever the Post Game battle facility will be. The Tree was fine once you got going outside of the usual RNG weirdness.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • I have a feeling that this other feature that Festival Plaza will boast is probably going to be 6v6 Battle Spot, so we can easily play OU without having to resort to Showdown or pinging people for battle. I've seen some people saying it's going to be the Battle Frontier or triples/rotations, but those two are unlikely because GF literally spoke out to the lack of a BF in ORAS and triples/rotations would not do older 3DS owners a favour, lagging their system respectively.

As for tutor moves, I have a feeling that Ash-Greninja's going to get suspected now that it has Gunk Shot on his arsenal. Other moves I can see being a possibility are Celesteela getting Stealth Rock, Kommo-o getting Knock Off and the elemental punches and Oranguru getting Trick. Going to be honest here, Kommo-o's going to benefit a lot from tutors as it now has more variety to work with, and it'll probably end up carving its own niche away from Haxorus as a DD sweeper.

But, please...I really REALLY want a Defog tutor...that's my biggest wish for these games...

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Great to hear Move Tutors are back and it sounds like it will be easier to earn points! Hoping Mantine Surf doesn't get too repetitive though.

Years
  • Great to hear Move Tutors are back and it sounds like it will be easier to earn points! Hoping Mantine Surf doesn't get too repetitive though.

It seems like it'll be about as repetitive as Soaring in ORAS, tbh. Make of that what you will. :o

Years
  • Super hyped about the Move Tutors...there's so many Pokemon I want to use but can't due to not having OR/AS around to teach them moves I feel would benefit them more statistically. (I'm looking at you, Bronzong!)

Years
  • Honestly, as long as the elemental punches are back as moves that can be taught via move tutor, I'm happy.

Elemental punches have been in every Move Tutor so they're probably a safe bet. Guessing that most of the moves will be recycled from B2/W2 and OR/AS's Move Tutors.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I have a feeling that this other feature that Festival Plaza will boast is probably going to be 6v6 Battle Spot, so we can easily play OU without having to resort to Showdown or pinging people for battle. I've seen some people saying it's going to be the Battle Frontier or triples/rotations, but those two are unlikely because GF literally spoke out to the lack of a BF in ORAS and triples/rotations would not do older 3DS owners a favour, lagging their system respectively.

As for tutor moves, I have a feeling that Ash-Greninja's going to get suspected now that it has Gunk Shot on his arsenal. Other moves I can see being a possibility are Celesteela getting Stealth Rock, Kommo-o getting Knock Off and the elemental punches and Oranguru getting Trick. Going to be honest here, Kommo-o's going to benefit a lot from tutors as it now has more variety to work with, and it'll probably end up carving its own niche away from Haxorus as a DD sweeper.

But, please...I really REALLY want a Defog tutor...that's my biggest wish for these games...
    tbh I think that Ash-Greninja as it is now is suspect-test worthy.

But I'm with you on wanting Defog move tutor+6v6 Battle Spot being cool

Back