• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Video Game Openings

User Anon 1848

What are yours? They don't have to be from your favorite games although they can be. Maybe you just think they're really well made.

I was going to copy the "rate the VGM above you" thread but a lot of OP's only use 1 OST so it probably would've been redundant.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • persona 5's is solid. quick and enough to get u pumped up for what ur about to play. and for as many grievances i have w the final product, KH3 has a great opening. not the chess one (though that's great too) but the one w face my fears. it's just like. so good u gotta smack ur self. also tales of zestiria which i don't even like that intro is bomb af but specifically the japanese version w the lyrics, they cut the lyrics in favor of an instrumental in other releases which is lame and dumb.

Years
  • If none of you have played the Wild Arms series, then you really have done some massive disservice to yourself for what is one of the greatest VG openings for its time, imo.

It even changes depending at what point you're at in the game!

Wild Arms 4 has a really good one too, at least the 2nd opening bc it's better than the first one

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Somehow I can't remember any newer games intro.. here are my favorites:

Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3
    Spoiler:

Samurai Warriors 2
    Spoiler:

Armored Core 3
    Spoiler:

User Anon 1848

Somehow I can't remember any newer games intro.. here are my favorites:

Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3
    Spoiler:

Ah Budokai 3. My second favorite intro and my second favorite game. I wish the HD remake didn't replace the original soundtrack. It had some godly OST's.

If I can shout out another DB game OP.

Spoiler:

Bruce Faulconer Studios soundtrack in 16-bit form, what's not to love?

Years
  • The quality is ass but I wanted to get the actual intro so...here's my favourite opening of all time:

It's just amazingly cheesy fighting game intro meets cheesy anime opening but by Jove the music is incredible!!!!

I also saw a Tekken 5 intro linked here, props to that as well :D

Another good contender is...

Again, fighting games just have these intros down to a T.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ah Budokai 3. My second favorite intro and my second favorite game. I wish the HD remake didn't replace the original soundtrack. It had some godly OST's.
    Me too! One of my favorites, used to play the game a lot with cousins and friends. Didn't know they remade the game, but yeah, the music in the original intro is better.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i'm so dumb birth by sleep is like my favorite opening ever and i mentioned KH3 and not BBS in my last post literally.......what the hell..............guess the king reigns supreme and gets its own post tho.

Years
  • Naruto Ultimate Ninja 4 intro

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I love Final Fantasy cutscenes in general - controversial opinion since this might be one of the most hated Final Fantasy games, and I wouldn't say it's my favourite, but the FFX-2 opening was just WILD, I love it 'cause the concept of ex-summoner-turned-popstar is so crazy and hilarious and so much is going on here

I was like 9 or 10 when I played this game and it was such a blast to watch every time, I would watch it over and over and try to learn the dance and song lmao

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • i'm so dumb birth by sleep is like my favorite opening ever and i mentioned KH3 and not BBS in my last post literally.......what the hell..............guess the king reigns supreme and gets its own post tho.
    The BBS one's amazing, I don't blame you for it. Even though I'm a bigger fan of Sanctuary and KH2's op comes in as a close second for me, BBS still wins.

While we're on talking about SE, this one's currently on my mind:

Cid

Years
  • I loved KH2's opening. FFX's, Dissidia's, Dissidia 012's, and Mother 3's also resonated with me a lot.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • kh2's is rly good too i'm love. but i'm totally biased bc i'm roxasluvr420

Last edited:
    Years

• After all these years, it's still Chrono Cross. Though it's mostly for the music.
    Why is there a random floating baby in there? Ah, JRPGs.

Years

• What are yours? They don't have to be from your favorite games although they can be. Maybe you just think they're really well made.

I was going to copy the "rate the VGM above you" thread but a lot of OP's only use 1 OST so it probably would've been redundant.

I came here to mention Tekken 5 but since that's literally the first one shared... I really liked the openings for Overcooked 2 and Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Back