• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Confirmed to be the Final Main 3DS Games for Pokémon

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    ...And then what? Nintendo develops a new handheld system that, hardware-wise, is superior to the (N)3DS and it ends up costing you almost as much as the Switch at launch anyway, so what are you really gaining here? Let's not forget that the N3DS at launch was like $250 iirc; a moderately superior system that would actually be a viable alternative to the Switch would end up costing $300 anyway. Why spend that kind of money on a DS system when you can just get a Switch? Just get a Switch Mini in that case when it becomes a thing (which it most likely will).
    It's just wishful thinking; I stated earlier in the thread that I just really don't like the Switch and that I'd prefer not buy it (unless they bring out a Switch Mini). You are right about the cost, it's something I didn't consider in my argument because I've bought my own N3DS second-hand and didn't really feel anything of its actual price. I don't understand the €200 price tag, but that's off-topic.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I'm so ****ing pissed right now. If Pokemon stops being portable, I won't be able to play any of the new games, so Pokemon being done w/main 3ds game really upsets me.
    The Switch is still a portable tho.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Yeah, but it's over three hundred dollars? So.

well like some users have stated, that price will likely go down. Anyways, the wii U was also $300 at first, so while it is a lot, it's not like they're doing anything unbelievably bad...

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Yeah, but it's over three hundred dollars? So.
    The 3DS was $250 when it first released before price drops. Price drops will probably happen with the Switch as well.

People forgot the switch is not an handheld but an portable Home console
    What's the difference?? If I can take it on the go then it's still a handheld.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I really don't understand the price complaints about this announcement... for one, the price of the Switch will most likely go down by the time the new game comes out. For two, like what was suggested earlier, there's plenty of time between then and now to save up a little bit here and there; before you know it, you'll have enough money for both the console and the game. I really liked the suggestion of saving $1 a day until the game's release.

But I have a question though... do we even know if it's dual games we're getting, or is it a singular game? IIRC, they didn't use plural wording when making the announcement.

On a side-note, here's an interesting article regarding all 3 games:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-for-switch-is-helped-by-ultra-sun-and-moon/1100-6454169/

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    It costs over 500 where i am to get a Switch. Plus the games costs about 70-80 dollars. They really want people to spend as much as possible on a system i think will be a utter failure.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    It costs over 500 where i am to get a Switch. Plus the games costs about 70-80 dollars. They really want people to spend as much as possible on a system i think will be a utter failure.
    ... An utter failure that's sold over four million units since July (or August, I forget) and has probably sold even more now?

It is sold as an portable home console not handheld
    Yeah but

What's the difference? If you can take it on the go, it's still part handheld. It's not like being part console changes much.

Years
  • but can you fit in in your pocket like other handhelds ?

TTB5bYa.png

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • People forgot the switch is not an handheld but an portable Home console

As a handheld console lover, I have to say my Switch works well and a handheld! And transport cases are available. Have to admit I don't take it everywhere because it is more frail than a DS imo.

I don't feel I would take my Switch to an event if I want to meet someone and play Pokemon... Like I did with my 2DS

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I personally think the Switch would be a failure. I just can't picture a main series game doing well on it.
    It's a main series Pokémon game, for it to not do well the Switch would have to fail HORRIBLY, which as of now isn't the case.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    How big is the Switch's portable half exactly, compared to a 3DS or 3DS XL?
    I'd say it's a little bit bigger than the XL (when closed), but at least half as thick.

Though I should note that this is with the Joycons detached, but I usually just put the Joycons in one pocket and the Switch in the other.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Nah

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    It's a main series Pokémon game, for it to not do well the Switch would have to fail HORRIBLY, which as of now isn't the case.
    Well i feel that the Switch is unnatural. I don't know if i can support GF's decision to move pokemon on to this. It looks like i won't be able to carry the Switch in my pocket. I don't want to walk around with the Switch in my hand especially in public.

Back