• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Number of posts in a forum

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
  • I was wondering if we could see the number of posts in a specific forum. Like, when you hover over a thread, it displays the number of posts you made in this thread. Could the same be made for forums? Like if I hover over Chit Chat and Polls, it'll say I have x posts in this forum. Just a suggestion though.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Some forum skins show you the number of posts in a forum. I know for a fact Chromatic does, while Modern doesnt (since I only use those two).

You're probably using one that doesn't.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Some forum skins show you the number of posts in a forum. I know for a fact Chromatic does, while Modern doesnt (since I only use those two).

He wants to see how many posts he has made in the forum haha.

This idea's been heavily suggested in the past and I have a feeling it may be being worked on (someone please correct me if I'm wrong!), but there was a lot of support for it. I'm hoping it's implemented too :D

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I cant See that really being there
    Why not? It's a useful option, and a lot of members want it. I know I'm one of them, since I'd love for an easier way to see how many times I've posted in FF&W without needing to guess by searching.

Perhaps our magic wizard Audy has something up his sleeve for this. I haven't heard anything in recent times, but you know how secretive Audy's workshop can be.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • You can already do that by clicking Advanced Search under the Search This Forum dropdown and typing in your username followed by ticking the All posts by user box.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    ^ The problem with is it that you would then have to go through all the list of who replied and count up your posts. I think what people really want is an easier way to do it without having to do all the math. For it to be right there to see.

Which I'm all for since I would love to see how much more posts I would have if FG and PT counted haha.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    You can already do that by clicking Advanced Search under the Search This Forum dropdown and typing in your username followed by ticking the All posts by user box.
    That's limited to 500 posts as a result.

Some forum skins show you the number of posts in a forum. I know for a fact Chromatic does, while Modern doesnt (since I only use those two).

Modern has it at the bottom of the table on the left, with the forum title and forum description:
    Like for CQ&F it say: 7,548 Threads, 87,359 Replies

I probably should change Replies to Posts.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • ^ The problem with is it that you would then have to go through all the list of who replied and count up your posts. I think what people really want is an easier way to do it without having to do all the math. For it to be right there to see.

Which I'm all for since I would love to see how much more posts I would have if FG and PT counted haha.

You don't have to count, it shows a total in the top right corner of the results. (Should say 1-25 of x posts!)

However, as Nick said, it's unfortunately limited to the most recent 500 posts.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    You don't have to count, it shows a total in the top right corner of the results. (Should say 1-25 of x posts!)

However, as Nick said, it's unfortunately limited to the most recent 500 posts.

This is a problem for me as well, since I can not look at my older posts now that I have more than 500 posts.
    If possible, can we have this at the Statistics tab of a user's profile as well? Just to know whether that person always posts only in The Welcome Lounge or CC&P or something. I can see this being really useful since the Statistics tab is so small anyway.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Okay, the "more forum statistics" thing was different. What is taken up in this thread, I'm definitely for. In my favorite forums, my post count is well over 500. It would not be necessary, but very interesting to be able to see how many posts a member (or at least yourself) has made in a certain section.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Okay, the "more forum statistics" thing was different. What is taken up in this thread, I'm definitely for. In my favorite forums, my post count is well over 500. It would not be necessary, but very interesting to be able to see how many posts a member (or at least yourself) has made in a certain section.

Exactly. That's the basic point.
    Unnecessary info just to satisfy curiosity is a must. You couldn't believe how curious I get about the forum at times.

and it makes it easier to stalk people and find out exactly how n00b they were a.k.a heaven

Back