• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Stars of Destiny [T] [IC]

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

• tumblr_ogzil2AozQ1rfnb6eo1_1280.png
    Long ago, great evil was afoot in the land. Aliens, or some form of monsters seemingly from another world, or another dimension had the world. No one knows how they entered, or why those monsters decided to invade, but these monsters were as relenting as they were powerful. With their strength, the world started to fall in ruin. But one day...

...there were stars of peculiar patterns in the sky. Together, these stars created the grand star, who summoned the legendary Pokémon of the sun, and the legendary Pokémon of the moon. The two legendary pokemon's power was enough to defeat the monster forces, driving them off the dimension. The stars' power then was transferred to 12 distinct trainers, who wore birthmarks resembling the patterns of these stars. Thus, these 12 trainers were then known to all as The Signers.

It's said that together, The Signers could one day rewaken the legendary pokemon of the sun and the moon, if an epic crisis would once again threaten the land. Fortunately none such event has happened yet, but some were skeptic that the fearsome monsters would one day once again threaten the peace of the world.

So, the signer's power remained sealed and passed on to generations. Now tt's been about 300 years ever since the last descendants of the signers have moved on from the world. Legend says that someday, the signers would be reincarnated into other trainers, and the world's fate would once again hang from the balance...

____________________________________________________________________________________

Stars of Destiny
    IC
    ACT I: Book of Water

GesINSu.jpg

It was mid-day in the peaceful yet fun region of Alola, with the sun brightly shined upon Melemele Island, most specifically, Hau'oli City. Being known as Alola's largest city, Hau'oli City has a Beachfront, a Shopping District, and a Marina. Locals love to gather around this city, because there were many things to do like shop for clothing and food, a well as visit the beach for fun and relaxation.

Today was also the start of the Alolan Festival, a competition who will crown the new Champion of Alola. Certain new and upcoming trainers received the invite to participate in this event, starting today. This event was run by the Aether Foundation, an organization based in the Alola region whose goal is to cure hurt Pokémon. The Foundation was ran by the popular and charismatic president Lusamine, whose sole purpose was to share her love with all of the rescued Pokémon.

President Lusamine had set up a prep-rally signalling the start of this event in the busiest section of the city, so that all can witness to this event. She and a few co-workers had signs all over the place reading, "Alolan Festival Today! Come witness this grand event!!", with a built stage and speakers all around. Lusamine had a crowd gathered, as she tapped her microphone before she began to speak.

"Ahem, testing... one? Two... three?" she began to say. The microphone's feedback caused the audience to cover their ears a bit, until she finally turned down the volume once more. "Ah, much better. Ahem. Welcome one and all, to our first ever Alolan Festival, organized by myself, and all of the Aether Foundation! As you know, I am the president of the foundation. But please, just call me Lusamine."

The crowed cheered on for her. Everyone adored Lusamine and all of the Aether Foundation for who they are and what they represented, so it was natural for their ovation, after all. Lusamine waited for the crowd to quiet down to speak once more. "It is quite an honor organizing this, and I'm glad there are people who would travel the islands to learn more about Pokémon. So, in that sense, we decided to organize this event for new and lucky trainers to get the chance to learn more about Pokémon, and for them to become the best Pokémon trainers they could be." She bushed her hair aside and gave a cheerful smile. "Before going on, why don't we all meet the trainers, hmm? Young ones, if you're here, would you mind going on stage alongside me? I'd love it if you could tell us who you are, and where you're from. I'd love to meet you all personally... and once you do, receive your pokemon, right in one of these Poké balls upon the table that I've placed behind me."

____________________________________________________________________________________​

Scene: Bit of an introductory piece, this part will help you take your first steps upon introducing and getting to know the core of your characters. Then, receive your starter Pokémon! We'll get the ball rolling soon after that, so don't dawdle too long!

Players list:

Will Xander ✧ Leo
    Prudence Flowers ✧ Capricorn
    Chira La'Lua ✧ Pisces
    Haruhi Greenwood ✧ Aquarius
    Jordan Wray ✧ Scorpio
    Robin Layton ✧ Libra
    Orpheus Ejemo ✧ Cancer
    Benny Emmett ✧ Sagittarius
    Makoa Lahahana ✧ Virgo
    Toby Cannon ✧ Gemini

Last edited:

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years
  • Robin Layton
    Location: Hau'oli City / Status: Slightly Late / Event: Introducing The Trainers!

"Ah! I'm going to be late!" said the petite looking girl with her long strawberry blonde hair and bright blue eye, running like a dainty girl in the bustling streets. Excutement rang in the air, the crowd talking animatedly with jitters and anticipation going around for the event is starting, an event where one of our main characters is attening for. Today, in this occasion, something special will happen for this runner.

Robin is going to get his first Pokemon in his official journey. The boy - yes, this feminine girl was not biologically a girl, his appearance is undoubtedly tge opposite - had been waiting for this moment, to start a journey of his own. He was prepared - rather, his mom had him prepared until the time arrived for flower to bloom on its own strength.

Which he was late for. His mother gave him a push, told him to "go get them!" with a confident grin. Robin hadn't seen how she slipped a certain round ball in his bag before he left, caught unaware. What a sneaky mother.

As he got nearer to his destination, he gave a sigh of relief that the event has just started. Robin did not take a break, hearing the beautiful and admired Lusamine calling for the trainers that were signed and chosen.

One of them was him. Taking a quiet deep breathe, he straightened his back and walked to stage. Once there, Robin felt a tinsy wink of nervousness, apprehensive and excited all rolled into one mixed ball. The prominent emotion that was string in his beating heart is joy.

He's going to get his starter! Smiling, he introduced himself with a slight cheerful (with perfectly feminine voice) tone, feeling a bit wired, a bit excited too, "My name is Robin Layton, I'm from the Akala Island and I'm eager to meet my starter!"

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
    Years

• Name: Haruhi Greenwood
    Birthmark symbol: Aquarius

"We're here!" As a Marina Ferry docked beside Melemele Ferry Terminal, Haru jumped on with Zoey in tow. "Gotta go grandpa!" Haru ran around Hau'oli Island, trying to find her destination, not noticing the posters scattered around. She kept running around and around, passing the Pokemon Center, then a mansion, and then the mysterious crowd.

Zoey transformed into a Pikachu and perched on her shoulder, also looking for their destination. "Pika!" She pointed to a poster on the Gracidea's shop window.

"What is it Zoey?" Haru looked over to were her partner pointed and saw the poster. "A poster?" She walked closer and read its context.

"Alolan Festival Today! Come witness this grand event!!"

"Could this be the grand event in the letter?" Haru looked around and saw most of the citizens walking to a certain direction. "Should I follow or...." Haru felt a light tap on her cheek and turned to her partner. "What is it?"

By now, Zoey transformed from her current disguise to a Salandit. "Sal!" She nodded her head to the crowd, perching herself on Haru's head.

"You want me to follow them?"

"Sal!" Her partner nodded her head and nodded again to the leaving crowd.

"Well....might as well..." Haru looked at the leaving crowd and ran off after them. As she caught up, she followed them until they arrived at a very crowded area. "Woah..." Haru turned to each angle, seeing all kinds of people and Pokemon. At the front, there was a stage with stereos on either side. In the middle of the stage, a mic. stood. "Could this be? It has to be! The festival!" Haru awed at all the beautiful decorations, Zoey looking around, bored until she head a click of heels. She turned to the sound and saw her master's idol, Lusamine-san, walking on the stage to the mic.
    "Sal! Sal!" Zoey slapped her lizard paws on Haru's forehead, trying to get her attention, but failed. Her master continued to fascinate over the area's appearance, not noticing her idol at the mic.
    "Ahem, testing... one? Two... three?" The feedback caused the crowd to cover their ears, including Haru. "Ah, much better. Ahem. Welcome one and all, to our first ever Alolan Festival, organized by myself, and all of the Aether Foundation! As you know, I am the president of the foundation. But please, just call me Lusamine."

Haru looked towards the stage and saw her idol. "L-Lusamine-san?!" Haru mumbled and moved away from the crowd to the very back, away from all the loud cheering. "When did she..."

"It is quite an honor organizing this, and I'm glad there are people who would travel the islands to learn more about Pokémon. So, in that sense, we decided to organize this event for new and lucky trainers to get the chance to learn more about Pokémon, and for them to become the best Pokémon trainers they could be."

"So this is why grandpa told me about this..." Haru remembered how she pestered her grandparents to let her go on a journey when she was younger. They gently explained that she couldn't because of her parents. "But why now of all times? What's different now?" Haru glanced down, then noticed one of the letter's corners peeking out of her jean pockets. She pulled it out and looked at it. "Is this why?"

"Before going on, why don't we all meet the trainers, hmm? Young ones, if you're here, would you mind going on stage alongside me? I'd love it if you could tell us who you are, and where you're from. I'd love to meet you all personally... and once you do, receive your pokemon, right in one of these Poké balls upon the table that I've placed behind me."

"Huh?!" Haru glanced up in shock at Lusamine-san, belief in her eyes. "i have to go......up there?" She looked around at the crowd then shrunk back. "I don't know....what if they don't like me....what if..." Pain on her shoulder stopped her rant. "Ow.."

"Yip! Yip yip!" Zoey, transformed back to her original self, stood on her left shoulder, patting her cheek. "Yip!" She then pointed to herself, then Haru, then to the stage. Someone else was already up there.

"My name is Robin Layton, I'm from the Akala Island and I'm eager to meet my starter!" The girl, Robin, had strawberry blonde hair down to her waist and bright blue eyes. She wore a short sleeve jean blouse, brown khaki shorts, and hiking boots. Around his shoulders was a one-strap backpack.

"Well... if she can do it, then so can I!" Haru's cheery self showed as she walked up to the stage, stuffing the letter back in her pocket, and stood beside her fellow trainer, Robin. Zoey, still perched on her shoulder, snickered slightly. "Hello! My name is Haruhi Greenwood, from Poni Island. I can't wait to begin my journey and meet new experiences." Haru smiled, but on the inside, she was nervous and panicking.

Last edited:

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    raKSdPt.png
    Name: Jordan Wray
    Team: Thely

Jordan stood around the front of the stage with who she supposed were the other trainers starting today. Oddly enough, many of them seemed to be more on the latter side of starting their trainer debut, with herself not being an exception. Ultimately she chalked it down to differences in the laid back Alolan culture than her parents, it seems kids in Sinnoh tended to start as early as possible. Plus, late starts were probably better, being wiser and stronger than most eleven year olds, without the adult responsibilities.

Changing to the focus of her attention back to the speech, she admired Lusamine up close. This was the first time she saw the famed Aether President on anything other than a TV screen, and it did confirm one theory she had. The woman was not quite as young as she wanted people to believe. She was stunning, yes, but a few places where clever makeup was applied hid tell-tale signs of age. No one would ever notice unless they were right in front of her and knew exactly what to look for, but the woman in front of her who could be Jordan's older sister was actually probably closer in age to her mother

Oh Lusamine, Jordan thought to herself, you got a little careless with the application. Something on your mind when you applied it this morning? Jordan had to work overtime to hide her growing smirk. She had caught one of Lusamine's tricks, she wondered what else she could drag from the woman given enough time. A soundly defeated Lusamine beaten by the greatest trainer in Alola, herself of course, spilling her deepest secrets, the kind that could ruin her career. She crawls towards her better, pleading for forgiveness, ready to do any-

No, this is getting weird again. What am I, some kind of sadist?

By the time Jordan broke out of her reflection the speech was over and it looked like a few had already introduced themselves. Bah! Her plans of going second were ruined by Lusamine, first would be seen as too eager but second would firmly implant herself in the audience's mind. Might as well capitalize on an early-ish introduction. The middle was too dangerous, people got bored, and last would be seen as either cowardly or disinterested. Stepping onto the stage she put on the smile she practiced in the mirror. Cute young women made better impressions, after all.

"Hello, my name is Jordan Wray. I'm from Malie and I would say I'm a first generation Alolan, but that isn't quite right. My Great-Grandfather was from Alola, so it's more of a return than anything. Well I hope to learn more about my ancestral land, so hopefully you'll have me!"

As she stepped off the stage, a little proud of her improvisational skills given her second in line speech was ruined, her eyes flickered to the Pokeballs that housed their "starters". For some reason her eyes felt fit to linger on a particular one, practically indistinguishable from the others. That one was going to be most compatible, she could feel it. She wouldn't even bet against it, the odds were too good. After all, coincidences like that rarely happened for no reason.

Years

• Orpheus Ejemo

Orpheus may not have left Melemele Island since he'd arrived, but he had to admit: they knew how to throw a party. Everywhere he looked, there was excitement, noise, and happiness. It almost made him want to join in, to run through the streets like the children, to dance in the plaza like the teenagers... but that sounded exhausting, and this "Tapu Cocoa" was delicious. So he sat at a café, enjoying his drink and watching everyone else frolic.

He felt a tug at his sleeve, and glanced down to see a massive black claw grabbing his arm. A second claw moved into view, holding an empty coffee cup. "You want a refill, Rags?" "Pika pi!" replied an echoing voice from under the table. Orph took the cup, and Rags let go of his arm. Rags was incredibly shy, but for some reason she liked being around Orph, and had thrown a massive fit when she found out he was leaving, only calmimg down when he offered to bring her along. Without any Pokeballs, he'd been carrying her around like a doll, and she'd hide under tables and things when he set her down.

As he was coming back with Rags' cocoa, there was a sound of feedback from the nearby stage as a woman started giving her speech. "Welcome one and all, to our first ever Alolan Festival, organized by myself, and all of the Aether Foundation! As you know, I am the president of the foundation. But please, just call me Lusamine."

The crowd cheered, catching the interest of both Orpheus and Rags. "Kyu!" Rags hopped in place, wanting to get closer. Orph tucked her into his bag, leaving it open enough for her to see out of, and moved into the crowd, careful not to spill any cocoa on anyone.

"It is quite an honor organizing this, and I'm glad there are people who would travel the islands to learn more about Pokémon. So, in that sense, we decided to organize this event for new and lucky trainers to get the chance to learn more about Pokémon, and for them to become the best Pokémon trainers they could be."

Orph tried to hang back, but got slapped upside his head by a stick. Rags wanted to be closer, so he relented, pushing his way toward the stage. "And I thought this was gonna be a quiet thing, you know?"

"Before going on, why don't we all meet the trainers, hmm? Young ones, if you're here, would you mind going on stage alongside me? I'd love it if you could tell us who you are, and where you're from. I'd love to meet you all personally... and once you do, receive your pokemon, right in one of these Poké balls upon the table that I've placed behind me."

"So much for quiet... You might wanna stay hidden, Rags. All eyes are gonna be on us up there." He felt Rags hunker down inside his bag, shaking with stage fright. While he gingerly moved through the crowd, a trio of trainers made their introductions. The girls were just finishing up (the third one giving a longer spiel than the others) when Orpheus reached the stage. He felt rather silly, with his open bag and Tapu Cocoa in each hand, but apparently this was his life now.

"Hey, what's up? I'm Orpheus, uh... Orpheus Ejemo, friends call me Orph... and I'm new here. But, if the food is half as good as you guys make it here, I think I'm gonna have a good time."

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    zJX1OUS.gif
    Will Xander
    Hau'oli City, The Festival
    Chapter 1-1 | Making An Entrance

Current Party:
    rockruff.gif
    Pokeball.png
    Pokeball.png
    Pokeball.png
    Pokeball.png
    Pokeball.png

"This place is pretty crowded..." Will thought as he mingled his way through the crowd that had gathered for the Alolan Festival.

Of course, it was to be expected. It was not every day that a group of essentially fledgling trainers would be more or less be setting off from their comfortable homes to venture across the islands of Alola on a grand adventure. Will supposed that a lot of the crowd gathering also had to do with the fact that the Aether Foundation had not only been the ones sponsoring the event, but had also decided to set it up in the busiest section of the city as well. One would expect that such a mass gathering at one location would cause a significant amount of problems. Will knew it was just the opposite, however. The stores of Hau'oli City were offering many specials and sales to celebrate, the hotels were literally overbooked, and there was barely a space at the beach for one to kick back and relax. The sight of it all made Will glad that he had decided to keep Terra inside her Pokéball for the time being. The last thing he wanted was for the little Rockruff to get lost and get herself into trouble...

"Pretty normal for this place, though..." Will mused aloud. "Alola is pretty much just one big tourist trap in many regards. I guess it would bother someone who just moved here, but for those of us who have lived here our whole lives... It's just another, ordinary day..."

Weaving and stepping his way through the crowd, Will eventually did manage to make his way towards the center of the grand Alolan Festival. When the boy managed to reach the center stage, he was greeted by the most beautiful sight he could have possibly imagined. A woman, who introduced herself as Lusamine, the president of the Aether Foundation, stood up on the stage and gave out a grand introduction to the crowd. Will stared with intensity at the woman on stage, her every feature captivating the teenager. Her flawless, creamy skin seemed to glow radiantly in the Alolan sunlight. Her platinum blonde hair was fixed perfectly around her, not one stand out of place. Her exuberant dress hugged her every curve perfectly. And her legs, they were firm and shapely... Truly she was treasure to behold amongst anything that Alola had to offer.

"I've died and gone to heaven right...? That's the only way I could see a divine angel like this...?" Will questioned, before suddenly snapping back to reality.

He had to practically catch himself from staggering towards her like an idiot. Without even so much as a second thought, Will quickly grabbed his phone and managed to snap a quick shot of Lusamine, smiling as he at the very least had photographic proof that angels were real if no one believed him. Once done with that, the teenager placed his phone away and briskly made his way up to the stage.

"Hello, everyone!" he greeted in a rather cheery tone. "The name's Will. Will Xander, to be exact. And I happen to hale from right here in Hau'oli City! And I could not be more excited to collect my starter and explore the wonder and beauty these islands truly have to offer!"

He paused, taking another glimpse of Lusamine before looking about at the other trainers who happened to have stepped up to the stage. A small smirk graced his lips as he took notice of the girls in particular. Without missing a single beat, Will stepped closer to them and offered a wave.

"Well, well... Here I was thinking I'd have to explore the islands to see the beautiful sights. I haven't even left my hometown and I'm already being blessed with the most gorgeous of scenery I could ever imagine~"

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
    Years
  • Wherein She Gets Her First Pokémon

This was it. There was no denying it anymore.

Midday had arrived quicker than she anticipated, phone in hand as she chatted away with her dearest mother. It wasn't too long ago that she had cleaned her apartment, yet her pajamas were still sloppily thrown about. If it wasn't for that detail, Prudence could have been proud to claim that her room was as clean as her parents wished it to be. But it was not, and neither was her sense of style. Her hair was messily tied up into a bun, pieces of hair sticking out here and there.

Her mother had recently suggested Prudence to snatch up some grub before she attended the festival, fully aware that her daughter was capable of skipping both breakfast and lunch if she were too excited.

"Yeah, I get I-No, no no no, nothing like that! Oh? What... No way. Really?! Tell me more!" she kept talking into the device, slowly making her way towards the location of the festival. The very thought of acquiring her first Pokémon was enough to send her flying out of her bed earlier this morning, blankets welcoming the floor below as the young adult rushed towards the bathroom. Thanks to the text she had received earlier from her father, she didn't forget to carry a hefty amount of cash in case she were to come across a cute bag along the way. Who's to say that she won't need it? After all, where else would she place her pokeballs or necessities? Before today, she simply slipped both her wallet and cellphone inside her back pockets, going about her daily routines without worrying about a bag.

And she did buy a bag later this morning. A string backpack, to be more precise. Cheap, red, and with a black pattern consisting of black pants, she couldn't help but purchase it that instant.

The wind caressed her cheeks, pieces of copper hair tickling her nose as she attempted to finish her conversation through the small device. Voices increased in volume the more she approached the festival grounds, eyes actively following the closest moving object. Children, Pokémon, and possible trainers of every kind walked about, exciting Prudence even more from the sheer anticipation.

"Oh my, I am... I just don't know what to say. I'm about to set off on a journey I've been dreaming about for the longest of time! Okay, maybe not so long, a few months at best, but still-Mom? Are you there? Hellooooooo?" She lost signal, her phone's screen instantly blackening. With a sigh she slipped her cell into her backpack, pace quickening.

A crowd was gathering, growing in size with every passing minute. Prudence had been aiming to arrive earlier, yet her sudden need to shop for a bag and phone conversation immensely slowed her down.

With emerald eyes she admired the sea of unknown souls around her. Will any of them gain the confidence to speak to her? Will she grow the urge to speak to any of them? Most importantly, who carries a Pichu? Oooo how she adored them, with their diminutive size and charming eyes. She will definitely befriend one out of the plethora of mouses available in the region. Dozens! How can she not?

"Ahem, testing... one? Two... three?" The sudden feedback emanating from the microphone caused Prudence to flinch, shoulders instantly rising at the pain. "Ah, much better. Ahem. Welcome one and all, to our first ever Alolan Festival, organized by myself, and all of the Aether Foundation! As you know, I am the president of the foundation. But please, just call me Lusamine."

The crowd cheered in response, Prudence being among them. Never had she payed attention to the president's debuts onscreen, instead gaining her knowledge of the entity through the gossip and talks she had received from her parents. Her voice was certainly lovely, no doubt about that. Her beauty was no different, captivating if anything.

The president's voice began to fade behind the background noise, Prudence's mind beginning to wander as she envisions her future. What will happen today, she wonders? What kind of exciting journey will her life entail? Is there anything better she could think of, other than this burst of happiness she's currently experiencing?

"This is so exciiiiiiiting!" she squealed quietly, unable to hold the thought inside her head. Halfway through the blaring speech did she return to Earth, refocusing. "Oh... oh! Yesssss, can't wait to get my first friend!"

As soon as Lusamine's words had long ended, Prudence watched as trainers began to make their way to the stage, introducing themselves one by one. Each were unique, carrying their own personality, whether tough or timid, and showing the world that they... exist. To be able to make your presence known, to say your name to the crowd, to get your Pokémon... this is it. Her journey is about to begin, isn't it?

Isn't it. With it now at her grasp, she didn't realize the sudden weight of the responsibility that came with it. She'll be in charge of six innocent souls that will partake in her journey. Six. Can her optimism and determination be enough for her to survive? She won't be the only one either. There will be calculating minds, deceitful hearts, kind souls, and trainers of all types venturing out into the unknown. And she will be one grain of sand among the vast beach.

Suddenly she feels so small.

"My name is Robin Layton..."

But she knows she can handle the overwhelming pressure to succeed. After all, she did make it this far and get an apartment, did she not? She didn't want to fail her parents now, especially when this dream is shared.

"Hello! My name is Haruhi Greenwood..."

Despite the obstacles that stand in her way, the rivals and menacing stares that are directed towards her, she won't bend down and break. She will go far with these new friends. Yeah, friends. That was the main reason behind this journey she's about to partake in.

"Hello, my name is Jordan Wray..."

"Hey, what's up? I'm Orpheus..."

"Hello, everyone! The name's Will...

Ready to speak, she stretched out her arms and let her face erupt out a smile, admiring the individual who was taking everybody's attention.

And as soon as they began, they ended their short speech. Nobody was making a move for the stage within the next minute, prompting Prudence to seize the opportunity before its lost.

With butterflies in her stomach and mind filled with random words to spit out, Prudence made her way up to the stage. At first, her bundle of energy prevented her from processing the fact that a crowd was her audience, which would normally cause her to forget everything-

Oh, there's a crowd. '...I forgot what to say, hahaha... winging it now. Way to go, Prudence,' she thought, clearing her throat before fixing the mic to fit her height. "Um, hello! My name is Prudence. Prudence Flowers, but back at home they call me Prudy. The funny thing is, if you were to actually do your research and figure out what the word 'prude' means, you'll find out it's not the best nickname to be going by, hahaha... yeah." She continued to giggle, her confidence returning the more she spoke. With this newfound courage, she went on with the speech despite how awkward the last sentence may have ended.

"Anywaaaay, thought that maybe that would be an interesting fact to know. But besides that, I'm actually not a native. I'm from waaay back in Fortree, Hoenn, born and raised! I really like it there, with its beautiful scenery and mesmerizing individuals that will definitely make you feel at home." She made a short pause, thinking of anything else she may have missed. All she had to say was her name and where she came from, right? "Aaaand that's it. Yep. Um. Good luck! So excited!"

Prudence Flowers
    Hau'oli City

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018

Whereabouts
    Temperament
    Insight
    Accolades
    771.png

~ ALOLA, MAKOA.

Another glorious sunny day to seize here in the lush Alola region. The heat was as consistently vicious as ever, prompting Makoa to wonder how anyone living on these islands could ever stand trapped within squalid, most likely sweaty rags when packed together like a flock. Then again, it was rather peculiar for a native such as himself to lack any natural bulwark against this tropical humidity, though Makoa was never one to believe he was feeble enough to allow himself to be deterred by a little scorch. He interpreted his own weakness as a challenge, something he clearly needed to overcome and he thoroughly enjoyed putting himself through an ordeal. His comportment exuded a profound yet horribly misplaced pride, which was expressly conveyed through his wildly exaggerated motions he made as he swaggered barefooted on the seared asphalt of Hau'oli City's streets as he made his way towards a very special event, one he didn't intend on missing for any reason.

His bared body kept brushing against strangers, startling them with his unpleasant sweat. It would be rather impressive, though certainly not impossible, to simply ignore a specimen like Makoa within the current setting.
    Barely clothed out in public, he would have effortlessly faced criminal charges for indecent exposure, or at least be given a long lecture about modesty, had it not been for his dangerously tight shorts and his absurd eye wear. Appearance-wise, he was clearly outfitted like a swimmer who belonged on a cozy beach, yet he long abandoned the ocean's sandy threshold and merrily strutted towards the common crowd with a firm goal tightened in his head like some diligent pilgrim. Contrary to what one may initially believe, Makoa made no mistake of forgetting to tend to his wardrobe for his crusade nor was he following some tacky trend; this style was indeed his usual and perhaps only selection, anything more would simply be far too excessive for his like.

Following the announcement proudly orated by the glamorous woman who bared hair as fair as gold that could have easily made Makoa's depilated head cry in envy, the bald go-getter was quickly distracted when he became enthralled by the other contestants that made their way to the stage for their debuts. Like a variety of colors presenting themselves as luminous fireworks, each unique individual -- no matter how big or small -- offered their own special flavor that made this festival feel a lot bigger than it initially was. Makoa could never understand trainers who would pompously disregard their fellow men; why a competition without rivals would be a fruitless show, despicably insufferable even. Thus, Makoa decided to deliberately delay his own entry onto the stage to witness these competitors appropriately from below the podium amidst the crowd, preferring the more dynamic angle. This view easily accentuated on the characteristics of these people, making it feel much more immersive than simply observing their attitudes on the same level. Makoa found himself impressed and entertained by how sickeningly sweet and salaciously crude these challengers could be, yet he knew something was amiss; they were all lacking one very important element, something that was needed to alight the moment. As if answering this predicament as his calling, Makoa decided to enter a sprint and headed straight onto the stage to join his peers after the last contestant greeted the crowd with her rather lengthy but endearing spiel.

His feet braced the surface of the podium, surely tattered by countless shoe prints. Before saying a word, Makoa then expanded his lungs with an exaggerated inhale and puffed out his bare chest as if to highlight his burliness. He inched towards the precipice of the stage, trying to get as close to the audience as possible without actually falling off. Then, he brazenly released all of his energy onto the world as if to ensure he had no regrets in the afterlife.

" ALOOOOLAAAAA!!! "

Exclaiming his home's national salutation with utmost pride, this chauvinistic buck was practically exploding with passion. And that was what he felt was missing here; passion, or at least incomprehensible heaps of it and all at once. He felt it was his duty to vigorously supplement the mood through volume and nothing was more effective than a human emulating a bombastic Noivern's Boomburst. Feeling accomplished of what he did, despite the fact that he possibly decimated a few ear drums and failed to actually offer a professional introduction, Makoa adjusted his prismatic shades while simultaneously saluting to the audience; both his head and glasses both shimmered brightly in the sun's rays, complimenting his grin. " Makoa, " he calmly and outrageously presented only his name after all that.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024

Riley Middleton
    tTJwR72.jpg

"You dont grow if you just go with the flow."

18 // Aries // Female
    jangmoo.gif
    Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png

Natural Selection

"Alright Nelson, this one shouldn't be too hard. It's just a sandcastle. You should be able to hit it and it'll just splatter into dust, no problem, right?" Riley spoke softly, doing her best to comfort the quivering Jangmo-o. "You can do it, stop worrying." She added, clenching her fist in hope that the young dragon would recognise the symbol of solidarity. This session had begun to get very tedious. With each target getting softer, she was hoping she didn't have to resort to having him attack pillows. Much to her surprise, Nelson's face tightened, his eyes squinting in focus. He had to do it this time. With a quick wiggle of his tail, the now determined Pokémon darted toward the sand castle bounding forward as fast as his legs could take him. As he came to the moment of impact, the little dragon caught a fleet in its step and nimbly dived out of the way, avoiding the sandcastle altogether.

After picking his face up and shaking the sand off of his face, Nelson glanced back at his trainer, who was hanging her head in defeat. The baby Pokémon, seeing his trainer's disappointment, slumped in his seated position, burying his paws into the unforgiving sandy granules.

"Honestly, it's a good thing we're getting a new team member soon. We can't stay at this sta-" Riley began, before being interrupted by the sound of her ringtone. "Hello?" She sighed, without even bothering to check her caller ID.

"Riley, where are you? The ceremony's gonna start soon, if you don't show up soon you're definitely going to miss out on your new Pokémon." The voice emanating from the phone explained. Despite the urgency of her friend over the phone, Riley's nonchalant expression remained unchanged.

"Late?" The trainer scoffed. "Don't talk to me about late, I've been up waiting for this thing for hours now. I'll start making my way now." She added, hanging up the phone with a sigh, and shoving away the Jangmo-o attempting to nuzzle against her leg.

Nelson, crushed by his trainer's rejection began to flop on the ground before being scooped up into her arms. "Like I said, this isn't the last time we give this a go, but we have important stuff to attend to now, alright?" The Pokémon nodded in response to his trainer's harsh but fair tone.

The ceremony had the streets bustling as one would expect but, being a hometown girl, Riley made quick work of navigating her way around the traffic. She could see her friends and family from where she was standing, the two large groups taking up a large portion of the front section of the crowd. That didn't interest her though. Her attention turned to the woman on the stage, had just begun her spiel. If Riley wasn't early, she'd always at least be on time.

"It is a great honour to be organising this…" The woman began. No need for introductions, huh? That's pretty arrogant. Riley chuckled, having missed Lusamine's initial greeting. She listened aptly for the most part to the rest of the speech, but still felt a slight jolt into reality at the aether foundation president suggesting that the chosen trainers take to the stage. With a sigh, she stepped forward, but was beaten to the punch by a rather petite girl who looked like a doll you'd by a kid for their birthday. Thinking about it, Riley wasn't particularly eager to go first, instead choosing to sit back and see what kind of people were taking the same strides she was. Following the girl who introduced herself as Robin, was a girl wearing a bow. Cute. Riley thought to herself, with a roll of her eyes. She continued to unintentionally size up each trainer as they stepped on to the stage. The next girl was certainly more imposing than the first two. Taller, darker, more mysterious: even her introduction raised more questions than it answered. 'I hope you'll have me'? What did that even mean? Riley shook her head. She was thinking into this far too much.

If the former introductions left her feeling uninspired, this one took the cake. He literally made his first impression on the world by saying…'hey'? She'd already forgotten his name, despite the three he'd presented for the crowd to call him. She was starting to fidget now, as she was desperate to get her own introduction over and done with. Before she could shove her way through the rest of the crowd, another trainer stepped to the crowd. His introduction was fine, but what stuck with Riley was first of all the reception he garnered from the crowd. None of the other trainers seemed to get a cheer as loud as his. Even some of her own friends were wailing as he said his name. It all made sense once he announced he was from this very city. Which explained why she recognised both his name and face. She rolled her eyes dismissively. Hometown bias was always going to come into play at a ceremony like this she supposed. Distracted by her train of thought, she once again missed her opportunity to be next on the stage. The next trainer was another girl. Riley got the sense that this one was a bit of an airhead. She certainly was a rambler. Despite that though, her 'prude' joke seemed to come across well with the crowd, and Riley was willing to give her that much.

The next man certainly made an impression. Seeing him literally sprint toward the stage made his introduction one she anticipated; and boy, did he not disappoint. The barely clothed bald muscle-man shoved his way to the front of the stage and yelled at the top of his lungs. If Riley was still looking for an 'inspiring' introduction, she'd certainly found it. He followed up his bellow simply by saying Makoa, which she assumed was his name. For a moment, the crowd was completely silent.

Riley sighed. She knew she couldn't, and had no intention of following that up. By the looks of things, everyone else seemed to be in the same mind-set as she was. No one stepped forward. She guessed it was finally her turn. With a confident, almost arrogant bravado, Riley stepped forward and onto the stage. She felt something click inside of her. She was in her element now.

"For the few of you here that don't know me, my name is Riley Middleton." She began with an endearing smile. "The main reason I'm here? Well that's simple. I'm going to be the best! When I'm done, I'm going to be remembered as Riley Middleton of Hau'oli City; and all the titles that follow that." As she finished, a huge roar erupted from the crowd rivalling the reception that Will Xander received. Her endearing smile crept into a smug grin as she glanced back across the other trainers that had lined up on the stage. She knew it was hypocritical of her to scoff at the response Will got only to play off of the hometown bias herself, but she was a showwoman putting on a show. Who could argue with that?

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    smh all this css d:

Chira La'Lua
    757MS.png

*click*

The perfect photo! The way the president's hair shimmered in the sunlight was just perfectly captured. The crowd cheering around her, became background noise, as she zoomed in and out. Better crop it immediately, since she got such a good idea for how, already.

A sharp pain in her ribs made her whimper. Why was the person next to her looking so adamant? Oh. He had poked her with his elbow. She followed his nods with her gaze, and saw other people starting to ascend onto the stage. Teenagers, mostly. They started to introduce themselves, and the pieces fell into place. They were the participants of the Alola Festival. But so was she!

Hurriedly, she made her way through the crowd and up the steps, and happened to join the line of trainers just after a dark, busty girl had said some probably very charismatic words. Eyes turned to Chira. It was her turn already. She had prepared for this, really. A good trainer - especially a champion - had to be able to introduce herself properly. But all the people scrutinizing her now, and all the trainers next to her, much more beautiful and strong looking than she was...

She swallowed hard.

"Alola!" she fired off, short and sharply. Bit too short and sharply, she immediately realized, but what was said was said. Moving on. "My name is Chira La'Lua of..."

Would she say it? That she was of the seafolk? They surely were watching this on the TV back home, and surely would be embarrassed if she called herself seafolk here. Actually... That didn't exactly make her feel bad. A more confident smile finally crept onto her lips.

"Of the Seafolk! But I am here to prove that one can be anything one sets their mind to, regardless of how or where they were born! Such as, becoming the Alola Champion!"

"But not lose weight!" somebody in the crowd called out. A few laughs followed. Chira only heard them, and was blinded to the buzz of people getting angry with the comment after. She completely lost track of what she was saying.

"So... hi," she ended it, and stepped back into the line. Damn it. She should have said something smart in return. A quick retort, or some rational words about how she actually wasn't fat at all, or how size or weight doesn't matter on a pokémon journey anyways. She sure had had practice with that over the past few years. But the seconds had ticked by, and her turn was over. Better luck next speech, Chira of the seafolk.​

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years

• Melemele Island, Hau'oli City
    Lusamine smiled upon seeing the trainers enter the stage one by one. Naturally she only knew them by name; she had no idea what they even looked like, or how they acted. Still, a good crop of trainers were alongside her, which proved to be joyous for the adventure.

"Wonderful! Simply wonderful!" Lusamine cheered, clapping her hands. "I have only known of you all for a short amount of time so far, but you are all simply wonderful! Now then, let me see if I remembered your names so far right..." she appeared before the first trainer on stage. The trainer looked sort of meekly. "Robin Layton, correct? Delicate as an orchid, fair as a cherry blossom, the personification of feminine grace... Tall as a willow, slender as a reed... But other than that, a pure heart! Only one starter fits someone of your beauty."

She showcased the first Poké ball from the table. "Inside that Poké ball is a Cyndaquil, a Fire Mouse Pokémon. Why don't you see for yourself, hmm? Next is... ah, Haruhi Greenwood!"

Lusamine then stood before the next trainer. The young trainer seemed to be almost the same age as Robin. "Haruhi, your smile only rivals mother nature herself. For that, I've got just the perfect partner for you. The next Pokéball beside Cyndaquil contains the Grass Owl Pokémon... a Rowlet! I think you and your Zorua friend there will enjoy it."

"Jordan Wray?" she said to the next trainer. "I'm pleased to meet a trainer who is interested in their origin. The next Pokéball contains a Charmander, the Fire Lizard Pokémon. It may not look like much at first glance, but I think you can make it strong. Grow strong, and grow together, yes? Now, if I can recall..."

The trainer seemed to be either shy or embarrassed, but Lusamine smiled pleasingly at him all the same. "Orpheus Ejemo. If you think the food is good in this island, just wait until you start exploring all the other delicacies from the other islands, ohoho. Now then, for your Pokémon... why don't you take that Treecko, there, right in that next Poké ball? Treecko is a Wood gecko Pokémon, and it's quite agile! You'll love it."

"Now, you're..." Lusamine approached the next trainer. He seemed awfully cheerful. "Something... Xander. Bill? Quill...? Ahem, sorry. Either way, pleased on making your acquaintance! For you, you deserve the cool Poppilo, a small Water Pokémon, right next to Treecko. I do wonder how you two will get along, hehehe..."

"Next is, Prudence Flowers, right? Or Purdy for short?" Lusamine addressed. "From Hoenn, too! It's a pleasure having you on this region! Oh, I know, you're familiar with the Pokémon Mudkip, right? Why don't you take it as a partner, hmm? A cool water type Pokémon might give you the edge you need as a trainer."

"Ah, I don't think I can forget you now!" Lusamine chuckled upon addressing the next trainer. "Makoa, aloha! Oh, the fires of your soul have reached even here. Perhaps a Torchic might fit you best? What am I saying, of course some hot wings will fit you! You'll like the fire chick Pokémon, so feel free to meet it! And as for you..."

She approached the next trainer on stage. Lusamine thought her hat was really adorable! "Riley Middleton, it's a pleasure to meet you personally," she said gracefully. "Now, you strike me as the courageous type. The next Poké ball you see before you is a Bulbasaur. It's of course, known for the Bulb on it's back, which allows it to have it's own photosynthesis. But I digress. Feel free to take it! I wonder what sort of personality it will have..."

"And here, we have... Chira La'Lua! Did I pronounce that right?" she asked with a smile. "Nice to formally meet you as well! Now then, with the Pokéball, let me introduce you, to... Totodile, a young water type Pokémon with strong jaws! Will you take advantage of it's prowress?"

Lusamine then nodded, signalling the staff on board to start opening each of the showcased Pokéballs. One by one, the energetic and young Pokémon all appeared on stage, with the crowd cheering and applauding for their arrival.

"Before each of you actually receive your Pokémon..." Lusamine started to explain. "You must pass the Alolan custom. It's simply not enough for humans to choose their Pokémon, your Pokémon must choose you as well. How does your new Pokémon react when it first meets you? Let's us see...

✦ Lusamine

Mood: Cheery
    Condition: Ok!

☾ current party

Clefable ♀
    036.png

Milotic ♀
    350.png

Lilligant ♀
    549.png

Bewear ♂
    760.png

Mismagius ♂
    429.png

OOC thoughts

She can't remember Will's name, oops.
    CSS made by TwilightBlade!

Last edited:

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years
  • Robin Layton
    Location: Hau'oli City / Status: !!! / Event: Meeting The Starter! (Acceptance.)

Robin felt that she knew his true gender despite his body and getup. There's a knowing glint in her eyes. It wouldn't be that much of a shock with her quick tells when she could see right into you deep, deep down and pluck your character essence with just a glance. But he digress, it must be a slight bias of his consciousness, she was after all, an loved idol and trainer figure whom many clamoured for her attention, to be swept into her grace.

She had an experience gaze, one that high levelled and powerful trainers have. Or so he thinks, from watching them in television.

He'd still have to tell "I'm a boy" to the speaker if they hadn't got it. But… it was tiring telling them over and over for so long. He could just tell when they refer to him, or something. It wasn't really their fault though, making a mistake like calling him a "girl". Robin hadn't bother making an effort to be more… muscularly. They wouldn't know, however, that he tried it.

When he thought of cutting his hair, he backed down because it would be regretful. When he tried buying clothes for boys to wear, he was drawn to the more cute clothes that girls wear. When he was going to change his voice to deeper and not demure nor falsetto, his tone reverted back before he could say another word after one sentence.

It was a struggle and he gave up years ago.

There crowd couldn't tell that he was the opposite of the female gender. Even if told, there would be those mocking expressions he used to see even back then. Living as a feminine boy had different experiences from the norm. Still, the words she had described him made him flush delicately. "You're far too kind." he murmured, still blushing even as she turned next to the trainer besides him.

The moment she showed the Pokeball, he was far too gone to pay attention. He knew the customs, he wanted to do be a part of it. A simple yet grand event... Heart beating loudly, he went and gently took the ball that contained his starter, his soon to be partner. Robin wasn't going to be alone in this journey. Today, he officially stepped into becoming a trainer he wanted to be. The beginning of an adventure with events that you may not be able to predict. A pebble thrown and made a ripple in the ocean.

This was it.

Taking a deep breath, he threw the Pokeball up in the air and out came –

"Cynda?"

The Pokemon – his starter Pokemon, his companion of the many – that recently came out of the contraption, looked sideways in confusion. It – no, he – paused and looked up at him, a short distance away. A small feet in distance between them. Robin couldn't push the words he wants to say in their first meeting. 'Will you accept me?' a tiny thought fluttered in his head. Should he greet him? The Cyndaquil he is currently staring, face to face, whom stared back steadily.

He swore his heart thumped loudly with every seconds pass, with every beat. Was it too dramatic? No, this is an important key to receive, it was a serious moment. He wanted to prove something he wasn't sure of but was there. Cyndaquil tilted his head.

Another beat. "Quil." said Cyndaquil calmly, ambling right to Robin, resting his snout into the trainer's legs. The trainer he accepted.

"Oh." Robin breathe. An (and the narrator was totally biased—) adorable smile flitted into his face, Robin squatted down and took Cyndaquil in his arms. "Thank you." he whispered, tone melodic and sweet. (Narrator is totally biased right now.)

"Cyndaquil." Replied the Cyn— no. Nelius. That's his name, will be his name starting from now own. Nelius. His Nelius replied back.

Last edited:

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
    Years

• Name: Haruhi Greenwood
    Birthmark symbol: Aquarius

'Whew, I'm glad that's over...' Haru glanced at the crowd as she grabbed Zoey and hugged her close to relieve some of her nerves. She heard footsteps and looked at the direction to see a girl with short black hair and blue eyes walking up with a smile.

"Hello, my name is Jordan Wray. I'm from Malie and I would say I'm a first generation Alolan, but that isn't quite right. My Great-Grandfather was from Alola, so it's more of a return than anything. Well I hope to learn more about my ancestral land, so hopefully you'll have me!" After the intro Jordan stepped away.

'She seems pretty nice.' Haru looked through the crowd and saw a dark haired boy with hazel eyes, seeming to be arguing with himself, come up towards them. His clothes seem kinds of messy.

"Hey, what's up? I'm Orpheus, uh... Orpheus Ejemo, friends call me Orph... and I'm new here. But, if the food is half as good as you guys make it here, I think I'm gonna have a good time."

'He sounds lazy... and why did he bring his drink with him?' Haru glanced at his open bag. For some reason, she felt a pull towards it.

"Hello, everyone!" cheered a male voice. "The name's Will. Will Xander, to be exact. And I happen to hale from right here in Hau'oli City! And I could not be more excited to collect my starter and explore the wonder and beauty these islands truly have to offer!"

'Hmm...' Haru glanced at the next, taking in his appearance. Black hair with a white strand and cerulean-blue eyes. Before she could think, Will was already by them, specifically the girls.

"Well, well... Here I was thinking I'd have to explore the islands to see the beautiful sights. I haven't even left my hometown and I'm already being blessed with the most gorgeous of scenery I could ever imagine~"

Haru blushed at his words, looking everywhere but him. 'No...don't Haru. You don't have time for romance!' Someone clearing their throat brought her back and she looked in front of her, seeing a ginger haired girl with emerald green eyes.

"Um, hello! My name is Prudence. Prudence Flowers, but back at home they call me Prudy. The funny thing is, if you were to actually do your research and figure out what the word 'prude' means, you'll find out it's not the best nickname to be going by, hahaha... yeah." The new girl continued to giggle and it became contagious to Haru as she quietly giggled at that. "Anywaaaay, thought that maybe that would be an interesting fact to know. But besides that, I'm actually not a native. I'm from waaay back in Fortree, Hoenn, born and raised! I really like it there, with its beautiful scenery and mesmerizing individuals that will definitely make you feel at home." A short pause followed before her next sentence. "Aaaand that's it. Yep. Um. Good luck! So excited!"

'She seems nice and pretty cheerful...For some reason, I have a feeling we'll be great friends.' Haru smiled at the though.

"ALOOOOLAAAAA!!!" exclaimed a male voice, hurting her ears. "Makoa."

'Ow...my ears...' Haru rubbed her left ear with one hand, the other holding Zoey who had her ears flopped down from the loudness. She looked at the source to see a bald man wearing shades on stage, his clothing screamed 'Alola!'. 'What did he say his name was...oh, Makoa!'

"For the few of you here that don't know me, my name is Riley Middleton," spoke another female voice. "The main reason I'm here? Well that's simple. I'm going to be the best! When I'm done, I'm going to be remembered as Riley Middleton of Hau'oli City; and all the titles that follow that."

Haru glanced at the next trainer. Riley had short black hair and brown eyes, suiting nice with her tanned skin. 'She sounds energetic.'

"Alola!" cried a female voice, a pause following after. "My name is Chira La'Lua of..."

Haru looked over and saw short girl with medium long hair and blue eyes.

"Of the Seafolk! But I am here to prove that one can be anything one sets their mind to, regardless of how or where they were born! Such as, becoming the Alola Champion!"

"But not lose weight!" shouted a random voice, laughter following after, but angry comments passed afterwards.

Haru glared at the audience. 'I feel like marching up and slapping the caller! He's lucky i'm up here!' She then glanced at the girl and gave her a sympathetic glance, worried about what she's thinking.

"Wonderful! Simply wonderful!" Lusamine cheered, clapping her hands. "I have only known of you all for a short amount of time so far, but you are all simply wonderful! Now then, let me see if I remembered your names so far right...".

Haru watched her show Robin her partner and giving her some words before coming over to her.

"Haruhi, your smile only rivals mother nature herself. For that, I've got just the perfect partner for you. The next Pokéball beside Cyndaquil contains the Grass Owl Pokémon... a Rowlet! I think you and your Zorua friend there will enjoy it."

'A Rowlet? Grass Owl Pokemon? Didn't expect that one.' Haru looked over at the pokeball her idol showed her. She felt a strong pull towards it. 'Well...might as well...' Before her eyes, the pokeballs were opened and each one's starter appeared before them, her's being a Rowlet. 'It's adorable~' Haru faintly blushed at the owl's appearance.

"Before each of you actually receive your Pokémon..." Lusamine started to explain. "You must pass the Alolan custom. It's simply not enough for humans to choose their Pokémon, your Pokémon must choose you as well. How does your new Pokémon react when it first meets you? Let's us see..."

Later, Robin and her starter, Cyndaquil, went through their trial and passed, leaving the next person to begin.

Haru glanced at the others before looking at her chosen starter, Zoey now perched on her shoulder. "Might as well...."

Minutes passed, her and Rowlet facing each other. She left Zoey with her bag about two feet away from her. 'Um...what do I do?!' Haru slowly crouched down to her knees, her gaze resting on the timid Rowlet.

"I don't know how to start this, but i'm Haruhi Greenwood, but people call me Haru for short. It's nice to meet you." Haru offered a small, but genuine smile.

"Ro..." The timid Rowlet looked around before looking back at the trainer a couple feet in front of him. She seemed to be like him, timid around others. He saw her genuine smile and cocked its head to the side. "Rowlet..." Slowly it started to jump over to her before stopping mid-way.

'Does he not....' Haru slowly moved her hand back to herself, casting her eyes down at her lap. Then, something fluffy and soft touched her hand, making her look up in shock at the Rowlet in front of her. He nuzzled his head into her hand before jumping on her lap.

"Ro. Let!" It chirped happily, nuzzling its head on her stomach. Zorua, who was beside her with her shoulder bag strap in her mouth, tugged on her shirt, yet Haru was too focused on Rowlet to take notice.

Then, finally she did. "Thanks Zoey." Haru thanked as she put the strap over her head and picked up Rowlet in her arms. Zoey jumped on her shoulder and offered a small smile at her new team mate.

"Yip!"

"Now I need a nickname...." Haru help Rowlet at an arms length, looking over his feature for a clue for his name. 'A name...name...um...wait!' "I got it! How about Robin?"

"Ro ro!" Robin, her own Rowlet, chirped happily, liking its new name.

Last edited:

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    raKSdPt.png
    Name: Jordan Wray
    Team: Thely

Jordan sized up her fellow trainers, ignoring the part of her brain that called them her competition. The weren't all bad, she could see herself getting along with a few of them. Even better, some looked like they could become great trainers, force her to become even stronger. As the last one left, she tallied all her thoughts, later she may even make physical notes on those who interested her.

Unfortunately, she was lost in her own thoughts during the first two, her data was incomplete. Robin looked like just a cute girl in it for the adventure. Or at least she thought so until a more thorough look revealed some very faint masculine features, how sneaky of them. Jordan was apparently going to have issues even telling basic things like this one's gender. Someone was getting bumped to the top of "needs investigation".

Haruhi, the other girl she didn't really pay attention to, seemed to be of the nervous sort, which Jordan would normally write off. But she did steal that second presenter spot, and from what she can remember of her introduction the girl didn't show many signs of nervousness while speaking. Jordan cursed herself for her lapse in concentration and threw Haru into the Needs Investigation" pile also.

Jordan tried to recall the fourth person, Orpheus? He seemed normal in his introduction, but maybe a bit off. The cocoa was a little odd to bring onstage, but he could have just forgot to set it down. His bag was open also, and almost seemed to be shaking a little. She wanted to write him off for being so normal, but that bag! He's going under "Needs Investigation" too.

Will… The guy who couldn't take his eyes off of Lusamine. At least he could be more subtle about it, like a certain someone she nearly before banishing that thought to the back of her mind. He seemed very confident though, and looked like a tough enough guy. Until Jordan could see him in action, Will was going into "Needs Investigation".

Prudence, that girl gained confidence as she spoke and seemed to just radiate energy. Jordan almost wondered if the pure energy that girl radiated could power this entire city. Energy though could breed carelessness, or lead to an onslaught she couldn't keep up with. Better to be safe than sorry, this girl was "Needs Investigation".

Makoa was weird. She almost didn't want to investigate more in case he had some kind of brain altering disease that was contagious, but she stuffed him in "Needs Investigation", if only to stop thinking about what just happened.

And then was Riley. Riley, Riley, Riley. The girl could put on a show, and definitely upstaged her own little introduction. Here she was trying to slip herself into their subconscious like a knife, and Riley just bludgeons the entire crowd with charm like a hammer. And she declared that she would be number one, and that title was reserved for herself. Riley went into her own section of "Needs Investigation", if only for that little declaration.

And finally, there was Chira. She seemed to upset some people with her presence. She was a seafolk, huh? Jordan knew next to nothing about them. The girl folded pretty quickly, but more research into her people wouldn't hurt. Get an idea into their mind. Chira was going into "Needs Investigation."

As Lusamine finished her speech about the custom, Jordan realized she just cataloged everyone in the same folder. Mentally scolding herself, she would have to think more about it after the festival if she needed to move anyone.

Jordan knew enough about the custom, she just needed to step up to the center of the stage and wait for the pokemon to come to her. She eyed up her starter, not quite a worm, but not yet a dragon. But, he had potential, and she could help him unlock that potential. The pokemon itself seemed a little unsure, looking around at the others.

"Little Dragonling," she started, dropping her voice to where only those onstage could hear her, "the path you would walk with me is going to be tough, should you accept it. But I can see how strong you really are, and I can help you realize that power. But know, this is your choice. I cannot force you to become a dragon, only you can."

And with that, the Charmander stepped forward, slowly making his way over. Jordan held out her hand, and the little lizard offered his claw in return. They shook hands and stood up tall.

"Let's become number one… Varanus."

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
    Years
  • Wherein She Finally Gets Her First Pokémon

"Wonderful! Simply wonderful!" Lusamine began, grabbing Prudence's attention. "I have only known of you all for a short amount of time so far, but you are all simply wonderful! Now then, let me see if I remembered your names so far right..."

A new sense of elation began to grow, her body swaying back and forth in a slow fashion. The excitement couldn't be contained, ears blurring the noise from the outside. 'This is it, I finally get my first ever Pokémon! Oh my, what am I going to say to my parents? Who will I get? A boy or a girl? Oh oh oh OH the JOY!' Prudence gleefully thought, beaming towards the trainers who were receiving Lusamine's kind words.

And she couldn't be any more buoyant when it was her turn.

"Next is, Prudence Flowers, right? Or Purdy for short? From Hoenn, too! It's a pleasure having you on this region! Oh, I know, you're familiar with the Pokémon Mudkip, right? Why don't you take it as a partner, hmm? A cool water type Pokémon might give you the edge you need as a trainer."

"Thank you so so so very much!" she blurted out within the next second. Lusamine continued to address the trainers after her, leaving her to daydream about this new discovery. Oh, was she surprised by this revelation. A starter from her region? Her favorite starter? This day was getting better by the minute!

But then something hit her. "Purdy is new," she mumbled out, just now realizing the new nickname. 'I suppose one can confuse Prudy with Purdy, right? Purdy sounds like 'pretty' anyway. I like that too, yeah.'

Prudence watched the last trainer receive Lusamine's attention, informing them of their exciting new addition to their life. It made her feel content, seeing others smile just as wide as she did. To see them enjoying these random days of happiness that will dot their timeline, to watch them react and respond, it was enthralling.

"Before each of you actually receive your Pokémon..." Lusamine began, catching Prudence off guard. "You must pass the Alolan custom. It's simply not enough for humans to choose their Pokémon, your Pokémon must choose you as well. How does your new Pokémon react when it first meets you? Let's us see..."

And with that, the Pokéballs' contents were being released, one by one. They materialized into the world in a radiant entrance, each containing a small world locked inside their petite heads. Cyndaquil, Rowlet, Charmander, Treecko, Popplio, Mudkip, Torchic... Mudkip. That Mudkip was her's.

Prudence couldn't help but freeze upon the sight of the creature, its beady eyes trying to take in the sudden change in scenery.

This was her new partner.

Prudence crouched, eyeing the sapphire quadruped with wonder. "You are sooooo cute... this is, wow, I never saw a Mudkip up close like this. I've only glimpsed at you from the television screens back home, but this... this is amazing!"

The small critter responded with a sudden hiccup, their eyes distant as they tried to understand what was occurring around them. Meanwhile, a curious sensation was overwhelming the young adult whose heart had just been won over. "This is perfect. Damn you and your hiccups."

Within moments the Mudkip let out a soft yawn, arms outstretched as their flimsy tail fin tried to stand erect. "Awwww... I mean, there's nothing wrong with sleeping a lot, don't get me wrong, just hoping we can work something out so that you can still stay in shape while getting all the naps you like," she began to explain, causing the Mudkip to forcefully pry one beady eye open. "Oh, on a random note, I didn't even ask what your gender was! Boy or girl?"

A silence ensued between the two, causing Prudence to drop her body to the ground. She no longer crouched, but let her body lay down, lower arms resting and holding her upper chest and head up high. With a flicker of hope, Prudence scooted closer to the sleeping beauty.

"Hooooow aboooouuuut... you lift one arm if you're a boy, and two if you're a girl. How does that soun-oh" Before she could finish her sentence, the quadruped water-type had lazily lifted up one leg. It wasn't the front limbs, but hey, it was still one instead of two, right? "A boy? Omg, that means boy names. Okay okay, um um... how about Lazer? Nathaniel? Spotty? Heckles? Wilson?"

She kept rambling on, spitting out male names left and right. Mudkip rolled over, his belly against the hard floor of the stage beneath.

"...oh, a better name! Toto! My mom once gave me this teddy bear, you see, and I named him Toto! He was the cuteeeeest thing! His button eyes really made me feel better when I was feeling so low," she finally finished up, at a loss of words from admiring her new water-type companion. "You know, I've never felt this happy. I always thought that maybe I wasn't cut out to be a trainer, that maybe I was better off not bothering the lives of such innocent creatures that maybe, just maybe, would get fed up by me?"

She received an apathetic look from the critter, making her replay her conversation over in her head. Had she droned off for too long? "Haha... okay, so maybe you're tired and my voice might not be the one you want to hear, but I promise I'll treat you the way I wish I was treated." This peaked Mudkip's interest, both eyes fluttering open. Her voice softened, the world around her disappearing.

It was just her and Mudkip.

"How does that sound? Hm? Are you willing to be my friend?" The creature studied her, body slowly ascending from its original position. And as if stunned, Prudence immediately sat down, arms in between her legs. "But uh, before you accept, just know that I can talk a lot, but a lot. Like, I just... like that? I'm also very aloof, mom says naive, dad says I still need to learn to reveal my emotions, my sister says I need to play around with my hair more, and my friend-" she paused. The mudkip halted before her, sitting their bum down in a sitting position. "Heeeeeey, are yooooou sure? I mean, just a few seconds back you looked like you wanted to have the best nap, and I do apologize for interrupting-oh I did, didn't I? Oh do I feel bad, since all you wanted to do was nap."

The now-called Toto began to make his way around her, ignoring her words along the way. "Oh, well, I don't think you want to go back there, they might... oh, the bag? I mean, if you want, but isn't it dark there? I would think it's uncomfortable, I have my Pokéballs there, food, stuff and more stuff... sharp stuff maybe?"

Toto leaped up to her shoulder, star-like gills brushing against her cheek. This made her giggle as she watched him slip into her string bag. "That works too! You might be one those who don't like to be inside the Pokéball, yes? Although that would definitely be a problem down the road... hm. We'll think about it when we get to that, I guess."

That was it. She just added a Mudkip, no, Toto, to her roster of pals. And she couldn't be any... more content.

Prudence Flowers
    Hau'oli City
    96px-258Mudkip.png

Years

• Orpheus Ejemo

After introducing himself, Orph had stepped back and let the others have their moment. He idly sipped his drink, wondering how much longer this would take. He glanced at the other cup in his hand, the one he had gotten for Rags. "Hey..." He jostled the bag a little, muttering under his breath. "You want in on this, or are you gonna stay in Bag Town?"

Rags stopped shaking, seeming to think it over, but then Makoa made his entrance. His exuberant shout startled Orph out of his mind, and sent Rags into a fit. "Mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi..." She squeaked, over and over, shaking with fright. "Okay, okay, take it easy! I'll get back to you when you're calm..." He zipped up his bag, letting the poor Ghost hide from the loud noises.

That still left him with two drinks, but he didn't mind. He'd already had like ten of the things today, and they were delicious. He finished his and was starting in on Rags' when Lusamine started talking again.

"Wonderful! Simply wonderful! I have only known of you all for a short amount of time so far, but you are all simply wonderful!" She was clapping and smiling, her infectious energy commanding everyone's attention. Orph found himself watching as she personally greeted everyone and gave them a Pokémon. He was curious what she would say to him.

"Orpheus Ejemo. If you think the food is good in this island, just wait until you start exploring all the other delicacies from the other islands, ohoho." Orph chuckled, setting his empty cup on the stage. "Looking forward to it."

"Now then, for your Pokémon... why don't you take that Treecko, there, right in that next Poké ball? Treecko is a Wood gecko Pokémon, and it's quite agile! You'll love it." She moved on, leaving Orph perplexed. Why would an agile lizard be perfect for him? The more he thought about it, the more sense it made. After all, Rags was pretty good about motivating him, maybe a more assertive Pokemon would be good for him...

"Before each of you actually receive your Pokémon, you must pass the Alolan custom. It's simply not enough for humans to choose their Pokémon, your Pokémon must choose you as well. How does your new Pokémon react when it first meets you? Let us see... At her command, members of her crew opened up the Pokeballs, letting the trainers and Pokemon see each other for the first time.

Treecko blinked as it came on stage, meeting eyes with Orpheus. It looked him over curiously, not sure what to make of him. Orph gave it a smile and wave, unsure of how this worked. "Hey there, little guy. You wanna go on an adventure with me?" He gestured to himself with his free hand. Treecko turned away, crossing its arms and sticking its nose in the air. It wasn't impressed.

Seeing the others bonding with their Pokemon almost effortlessly, Orph got a little nervous. He didn't want to be the only one rejected at this event. Clearly, this lizard wouldn't take to him as quickly as Rags had. Wait, maybe it will... he thought.

"You ever try this Tapu Cocoa? It's pretty sweet, if I do say so myself. Here, have a sip." He knelt down, setting the cup on the stage. Curious, Treecko came over and sniffed at the cup. Orph didn't try to grab it or anything, letting Treecko decide for itself. Treecko picked up the cup, taking a sip. It gasped in surprise, then downed the cup in one long swig.

Orph laughed, offering Treecko his hand. "I hear there's plenty more where that came from. You're pretty cool, dude, wanna come with me?" Treecko nodded, accepting the handshake. Orpheus stood back up, pulling a toothpick out of his pocket and giving it to Treecko. "Here you go, little man. I think I'll call you Drake, what do you think?"

"Treecko tree..." Drake shrugged, sticking the toothpick in his mouth and leaning against Orph's leg, trying to look cool. Orph shrugged. "I'll take that as an 'it's cool', I guess."

His bag shook, and Rags let out an annoyed "Pika!" Orph realised that he just gave away her drink. "Relax. I'll get you both a snack after this is done, okay?"

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years

• 9sPsO4j.png
    minccino.gif

android-insomnia.regular.png

Ryker watched the ceremony casually from the crowd for a little while. It shot him with instances and vibes of powerful nostalgia as he remembered his graduation from the Trainer school in Unova. Bittersweet memories... in reality it was the start of a massive period of growth and change for him. Yet, at the same time he couldn't help but remember the horrible pain and dread that ran amidst the shifting tides of his heart. A pokémon whom wouldn't obey him... a sister lost for years yet to be found... and a massive journey which he wasn't prepared for sitting on the horizon. Even now, the melancholy of those painful memories struck chords in him.

Yet... he had trained that pokémon whom was now his best friend, he had rescued his sister from Team Plasma, he had completed that journey... and throughout it all?

He had met Audrey as well.

The pain slathered cringe on his face lifted into a gentle smile as he thought of the good and not the bad. He had to wonder how Ryujin was... he hoped he was behaving for Audrey like he had asked. He had purposefully left his old starter at home, since the opportunity to start anew wasn't one he wanted to pass up at all.

He felt a gentle rustling in his backpack and tilted his head back to see a pair of fluffy ears, large eyes and a rather bushy tail lift up the flap and peak out into the outside world. This was Fluff. Fluff was the pokémon of Ryker's little sister, incredibly timid but with ambitions that were far from a match for such a nature. He wanted to explore and see the World, but his owner had no intentions of ever battling or exploring like Ryker had. Thus she gave the little Minccino to Ryker as a sort of parting gift and expectant responsibility. Ryker smiles wryly as he recalled the "request" that had been made of him. Fluff was a cutesy and entertaining companion but...

Well, Ryker was glad to receive an additional starter from this Lusamine lady. She seemed rather in the know about things from her invitation... and her introduction and speech more than confirmed that initial aura of confidence. She was certainly beautiful, he had assumed she would be older but the woman looked no older than her mid 20's. Her hair was long and golden... and that peculiar green gem on her chest was eye catching.

Still, the show was almost stolen from her by the cast of characters lined up to receive a new pokémon for the event. Ryker almost chuckled a little at the similarities he could see between these chosen few and his friends from the years gone by. Young men and ladies of varying character... one rather arrogant girl found a bulbasaur in her care... and another young man with a booming voice and powerful expression had a torchic in his.

When a lull in the chatter formed, Ryker decided it was finally time. Yet another first step to take... but this one had much more confidence behind it than any before.

Moving up onto the stage and smiling widely he spoke aloud so that all those watching might hear. "Hello, I'm Ryker Ward... I'm here to receive my starter."

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    zJX1OUS.gif
    Will Xander
    Hau'oli City, The Festival
    Chapter 1-2 | Popplio, I Choose You!

Current Party:
    rockruff.gif
    Pokeball.png
    Pokeball.png
    Pokeball.png
    Pokeball.png
    Pokeball.png

"...She... She didn't remember my name..." Will thought, blinking slowly as he looked away from Lusamine for a moment. "It... It had to be the excitement and amount of people suddenly gathering on stage. Yeah, that's it. I mean, look how many people came up out of the woodwork for this thing. And so many wonderful looking honeys as well!"

Taking a moment, Will looked between the various girls who had come up to the stage to receive their starter Pokémon. There certainly were quite a variety to choose from, ranging from the shy and quiet, all the way to the rather... developed, if Will did say so himself. Sadly, there was not much time for Will to do the grand amount of sightseeing he would have liked to do. There were much more pending matters to attend to, namely to receive his own Pokémon.

Looking to where Lusamine had directed, Will came face to face with the most unexpected choice he could have been granted. A small, rather humble looking, blue seal creature was staring up at him with a somewhat cautious look in her eyes. Clearly, the little Popplio was already quite aware that they were to be paired together. Was it possible that it had been sizing the teenager up the entire time he had been on stage. Shrugging the thought off, Will approached the Popplio and offered the Water-type a quick grin.

"Yo! Popplio, right? The name's Will! Looks like we're gonna be partners now!" he greeted in a rather boisterous tone.

The Popplio let out a quick, bark-like sound at Will's greeting. The boy watched in horror as the Popplio seemed to shrink back, its eyes quickly fixated on the ground. Will stood there silently, not quite sure just what to say. He knew how the tradition was supposed to work in Alola, especially with being a native as well. Just him being accepting of the partnership between himself and the Popplio would not be enough. Popplio also had to be willing to go along with him. And at the moment, it seemed like the seal-like creature was not going to have any part of that. Granted, it was not a huge issue for Will. After all, he did have Terra along with him as well. However, if he could not befriend a new Pokémon that was being given to him, then what chance did Will have with any he would be catching down the road later...?

Not to mention the fact that it would be horribly embarrassing.

"Maybe it's just... nervous? After all, this would be a big step for us both. Or maybe it just doesn't know what to do?" Will mentally debated, gazing down at the Popplio carefully. He took a moment, gazing back at those who had already befriended their new Pokémon and sighed. There was very little chance it being clueless about this whole proceeding. Even if Popplio was not aware how this was all supposed to go down, seeing its fellow Pokémon and their respective trainers accepting each other would have been more than enough to give it some sort of idea on how to proceed. "Maybe she's just... scared... I guess my introduction was sort of forward..."

With a small nod to the Popplio, Will set his bag down on the ground and promptly followed suit by settling down himself. Now being at a much more level state, he gave the timid-looking Popplio a small smile. While proceeding so slowly was not Will's ideal plan, he knew that he had to make some sacrifices himself if he was going to make this whole journey work.

"Hey there, little pal... I'm Will," he began, reintroducing himself in a much more softer tone. "I know you're probably nervous. Hell, I would be too if I was being put on the spot like this all of a sudden. But, I bet the two of us could be great friends. I'd really like it if you were to come along with me on my journey around the islands... Come on, what do you say?"

He gently extended his hand as he finished speaking. Will now knew this had to be handled delicately, and he was not going to put anymore pressure onto the Popplio for the time being. The next move all belonged to the Pokémon. Slowly and carefully, the Popplio began to inch forward. It flopped its way all the way over towards the teenager's hand, looking between it and Will himself, as if debating just what to do next. Will watched with an amused smile as the Popplio began to sniff his hand, before slowly lowering its head. Will took this as a sign to offer the water Pokémon a small pat of affection and slowly began to rub its head. The Popplio's cheeks flushed lightly at the sign of attention from Will, before it slowly moved in closer.

"Well... I guess this means we're on okay terms after all, yeah?" Will questioned, a small chuckle escaping his lips in the process.

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018

Whereabouts
    Temperament
    Insight
    Accolades
    771.png

~ PRAISE THE SUN.

Having sated his inner urges and fortifying his pride, Makoa idly observed the three contestants who followed after his dynamic entry. Having been bestowed a brief moment to recompose, Makoa seized this opportunity to let out a pernicious wheeze so his lungs could express their disdain for the thunderous performance. Hunching over to meet the platform he stood on and discreetly placing a palm against his chest, he attempted to massage an irreverent heart of its peculiar aches. Makoa nearly lost himself in this moment had it not been for a kittenish voice vigorously pulling him back to the present.

"Ah, I don't think I can forget you now!" resounded the coquette as she enthusiastically acknowledged Makoa's brief machismo, "Oh, the fires of your soul have reached even here. Perhaps a Torchic might fit you best?"

Following Lusamine's
    declarations to promote each individual challenger, a group of people came onto the stage to personally deliver the highlights of today's show. The starters initially seemed superfluous, as Makoa noticed that some of the trainers on stage already possessed their own Pocket Monster -- he himself had a workmate who was quietly residing in the inexplicable void where he keeps all of his essential belonging. But evidently, this was not meant as preparation for the newcomers but served as an initiation rite to reveal character -- something very prominent in the Alola region, or at least as Makoa was taught. After all, anyone could be skilled through enough time -- but only a handful would be designated with greatness from the start. Believing this notion, Makoa was determined to reveal his own character with this exercise.

Pushing his stylish sunglasses for composure and to better his sight, the balded crusader carefully examined the vibrant selection of odds and ends that were graciously presented to the participants. As he strutted across the podium to meet his designated starter, Makoa observed of his opponents who had already been accepted by their fated pair, though there were a few who had to resort with either sycophantic acts of kindness to blatant bribery such as coaxing with a tasty beverage. Makoa cannot understand how any organism is capable of consuming boiling liquids out in the sun -- it seemed as outrageous as wearing nothing but a swimsuit on Lanakila's frozen peak. But after having witnessed all the camaraderie around him, Makoa felt he needed to give more oomph with his own approach. Though he wanted to avoid acting as smarmy as some of the other trial-goers, he was also adamant on making sure he gained his starter's approval. As he welcomed the rays of the sun onto his shimmering form, Makoa was ready to fully present his character and anticipated his chosen partner's positive reception of its newfound companion.

But before Makoa could offer his dynamic salutation, he felt a nefarious presence looming over him. Before him stood his destined ally -- a curious little thing which Makoa realized he had never encountered before. It was an orange, avian creature that could bear some probable connections with the common Pikipek species. Based on its jittery twitches and blustering chirps, it was clear that this tiny bird was very different from the rest -- its spastic behavior made it seem like it was possessed by some infernal entity! However, it was the bright and hot orange that alarmed Makoa the most. It felt like he was staring at a flickering fire ready to burst into a conflagration at moment. This put the go-getter on edge, drastically weakening his bravado. Sweat poured down his stiff body and onto the podium, as he slowly realized the imminent danger he was in. This was a Fire-type, he thought to himself -- this was the worst of match-ups for someone like him! He turned and took notice of the last participant to earn their starter's trust. He was a male contestant with a rather grungy disposition. Seeing his starter, a timid seal, he wondered if trading this early in the journey was allowed.

This impatient bird retorted to Makoa's nervous stutters with its symphony of assertive tweets, for this jovial Torchic had already made the decision to indiscriminately claim its owner. That is, not to say this was one of those dubious moments where it was love at first sight -- rather, this petite blaze had a competitive streak; after seeing her brethren bond with their respective trainers, this Torchic desired to best them all by aggressively taming her partner without hesitation. Realizing that her human pet was acting strange and subsequently refused to acknowledge her efforts, the hot-headed chick began relentlessly pecking at the exposed toes to gain all of his attention -- for she believed she was the only thing that mattered to this human from this point on.

Makoa scurried away from the little scamp. He quickly turned to Lusamine, his face exerting desperation. " Makoa thinks there's been a terrible mistake, " he politely addressed, " Makoa is already too hot to handle any more heat, so perhaps there's something that's on the cooler side? "

Before his request could be assessed by the host, a furious fireball pounced onto Makoa's chest with enough force that turned this young adult into a rag-doll that laid out on the floor. Before he could fully gather himself, his vibrant glasses were met with a fierce gaze -- from his perspective, the Torchic's head was aligned with the sun up in the sky and it felt as if the two were one. This chick had dug its talon into his skin, absolutely resolute on gaining her trainer's affection one way or the worst way possible. This was no camaraderie -- it was coercion! Still, Makoa was impressed by this Pokemon's tenacity and he could almost see a kindred spirit. Besides, this was clearly a challenge, was it not? To master a Fire-type on his journey.

" Makoa finds this acceptable, " he greeted the adamant avian with a nonchalant grin, which simmered her spirits if ever so slightly.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Chira La'Lua
    757MS.png
    158MS.png

The starter pokémon were let out from their confines, and many of the other trainers on stage immediately started trying to gain the trust of their assigned partners. Chira was still hung up on Lusamine's words.

"Totodile... A water type?" she stuttered for herself, and looked up to spot her new supposed friend.

It stood at the edge of the stage, watching her. Blinking every now and then, but not really moving otherwise. Some people in the audience were looking from the reptile to Chira, back and forth, probably curious to see how the Seafolk handled water types, Chira guessed. Truth was, she usually didn't. She tended to stay away from the sea pokémon, though she didn't mind the high flying Wingull.

A crodocile pokémon, however, was not soaring high. It walked the earth with its little feet, or dove into the ocean head first. And it had... huge teeth. And right now, Chira could definitely not read what this particular Totodile was thinking. Eyes blank, expression illegible. Mouth huge.

"Hello!" Chira tried, although, she couldn't quite muster the eagerness she had earlier been imagining herself to have at this stage.

That made the Totodile open its jaws up wide, and dash straight at the girl. She would squeak, but him jumping at her made her stumble and fall over backwards, suppressing the noise from her throat.

Her leather backpack had been hung lazily over one of her shoulders, and come off when she stumbled. Turns out that was incredibly lucky! The water pokémon's teeth were now firmly embedded in its thick wall. Chira felt the blood freeze in her veins at the thought of what those jaws would have been clenching if the bag had not been there.

"Outstanding..." Lusamine said in observation. She squatted down towards Totodile and the young trainer Chira. "The bond between you and Totodile seems quite beautiful, even from a starting point... see? Totodile feels at peace with you already, like you've been friends for years! You should feel quite happy, young lady."

Chira blinked several times. "But... it's trying to bite me, isn't that normally... bad?"

"Aw, but haven't you heard?" Lusamine started to point out. "Love can hurt. Will you accept the love it shows you? I assure you, you'll get a... bite, out of it!"

Totodile was blinking too now. Was it mimicking her? Teeth still dug deep into the leather. But Chira supposed... It didn't look angry.

Back