• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon game leaks, do you look at them?

Years
  • Leaked information for the Pokémon game series has been a thing for a long time now - sometimes things as major as the entire Pokédex are put up online before the games themselves release (such as what happened with SwSh). When leaks for Pokémon games are put up online, do you look at or avoid them?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Yeah, I look and listen to information about leaks. Most of the time, I'm skeptical they're real, anyway, so I just listen to some to see if they turn out real. I personally don't go out of my way to avoid them since I see them all the time whether I like it or not anyway. :|

Years
  • I do look at them, but i am pretty aware they are sometimes fake. Indeed new Centro pokemon leaks sound super fake to me lol, but anyway unless i don't want to be spoiled something, i look at leaks

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I love pokemon leaks. I try to avoid story leaks, but I am all for pokemon leaks. Even if they are fake, it gets you excited for the game. However.... I'd rather not have the entire dex leak like what happened in BW. I like it to be over time because it gives us speculation room which I always loved on this site.

I will say that I do love things like the Chinese Riddler from Kalos and hints like we had in Alola. I also love when they throw in false info. I want to see all the new pokemon that come with the games. But I don't want to see them all early on.

Years
  • I do look at them, but i am pretty aware they are sometimes fake. Indeed new Centro pokemon leaks sound super fake to me lol, but anyway unless i don't want to be spoiled something, i look at leaks

Haha same honestly. I do like looking at them if they're actually likely to be real, but some accounts that share them don't have the best track record. Centro is not one I follow because they're too cryptic and are wrong often tbh.

I love being hyped!! but I know leaks aren't good for the developers usually.

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't follow Pokemon news enough, so the most information I get comes from here on pokecommunity, and the official directs.

Years
    • Seen today
    I allways ignore them, never liked to get myself too ahead of game news and things that have yet to come. I prefer to enjoy what I have now, and let the new stuff come when it's done, or whenever I can get the chance of playing it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2021
    I am a curious person, so every time I see "leak" I click
    Right now I'm itching for something new about BDSP

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am a curious person, so every time I see "leak" I click
    Right now I'm itching for something new about BDSP

Sadly there has been no leaks for BDSP, but the Chinese Riddler has returned with another round of hints like he did back in Alola, a couple in which have already rung true. I'd post it, but have no idea where to post it on here anymore.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I love leaks because it gets people talking about what might be. I know my friend and I talk about anything and everything when we hear about any kind of information. Then it turns into who's going to hear or find out about it first. Sometimes we read about something and go WTF were they thinking and other times we say Oooo can't wait to use that Pokémon on my team.

Years
  • yes, mostly! i think leaks are exciting and help confirm what may be in the game and what's not - plus, they make for fun discussion - so i don't mind leaks, really. =P

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I don't know about anyone else but for me leaks aren't going to make me play the game any less. I'm still going to stay up all night playing the game on the night it gets released. It's been a ritual for my friend and I to do for quite a while now.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I try not to but I, uh, have no self control. ( ╥ω╥ )

Years
  • Preferably not as I like to go into new games fresh.
    But I'll stumble upon them somewhere sooner or later and usually end up clicking on them anyway @_@

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i don't pay much attention to them, no. i think it's fun to go into a game without knowing too much about it.

Back