Sheep

she/her
Australia
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
For your first playthrough do you plan to play normally? Or are you interested in trying a challenge during your first run through BDSP?

Pichu

Age 28
Male
a galaxy far far away
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
6,054 posts
12.5 Years
I'm going to play normally :)

Paired to Inky, Fletch & Rabinov
Moderator of Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
Discord Moderator

Dawn

None
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
Normally. I will probably save the challenge run for Shining Pearl, if I ever go back to the Ultimate Flying Monotype Challenge I started on here...last year? I don't even remember, haha. But I'm not one who really does things like this, so I'll just play Brilliant Diamond normally.

VPPGame Journal ✩ Paired with Dusk ❤ ✩

NipahRika

Age 30
Female
USA
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
180 posts
55 Days
I am gonna play normally. I don't like doing challenge runs personally myself, but watching them online is another thing.
Switch FC: 6546-0842-6796
Male
England
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
94 posts
5.8 Years
I plan to do a mostly normal run, but with a couple of "rules".

For one, I'm going to box my starter. In my previous DPP playthroughs I always used my starter, so I think this will make a nice change.

And I'm going to research the levels of Gym Leaders+E4 before battling them, and not let myself become higher levelled than them. I'm hoping that'll add a bit of challenge and force me to strategize a bit rather than just OHKO stuff. xD
Male
Netherlands
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
7,792 posts
1.3 Years
Just a normal playthrough, while trying to put mons I've never used before on my team.

Trade Shop | My HA pokemon trade sheet. | My Shinies. | My VPP. | Calyrex @ Level 100: 7,843 | Tyrantrum @ Lv 100: 7,516

professor plum

Age 29
he/him/his
louisiana
Seen 44 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
11,457 posts
16.3 Years
for my first (and let's be real - probably only) playthrough i think i'll just play it normally. i'm not a fan of restarting games, so i'd have to pick up the second version to attempt any sort of challenge.

PageEmperor

I can’t do money puns. It just doesn’t make any cents.

Male
with an axe
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
12,118 posts
6.3 Years
Alright, a great question! My answer shall be…

A Nuzlocke. Yep, exactly like SS, I plan to get both versions and do a nuzrun straight from the get go. Hopefully things turn out fine…
This signature has been disabled.
Spoiler tags are not permitted in signatures.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

bobandbill

one more time

Male
A cape
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
16,368 posts
13.6 Years
Echoing the majority - normally. I'll try to use Pokemon I haven't used before (or not much), but not imposing any special challenges on myself.

Staff Anime Villain Collab - Earl de Darkwood - Interstella 5555

Daily | Drabble Dex | A Change of the Season
The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum
Paired to Sheep :>

edfrick

Pilot of EVA-00

Age 20
he/they
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
20 posts
5.1 Years
Been watching a lot of Pokémon Challenges recently on YT, honestly has gotten me huge into the whole "hardcore nuzlocke" thing so I'm for sure gonna try one for BDSP.