• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Are you going to play normally, or try a challenge run?

pkmin3033

Normally. I will probably save the challenge run for Shining Pearl, if I ever go back to the Ultimate Flying Monotype Challenge I started on here...last year? I don't even remember, haha. But I'm not one who really does things like this, so I'll just play Brilliant Diamond normally.

Years
  • I am gonna play normally. I don't like doing challenge runs personally myself, but watching them online is another thing.

Years
  • I plan to do a mostly normal run, but with a couple of "rules".

For one, I'm going to box my starter. In my previous DPP playthroughs I always used my starter, so I think this will make a nice change.

And I'm going to research the levels of Gym Leaders+E4 before battling them, and not let myself become higher levelled than them. I'm hoping that'll add a bit of challenge and force me to strategize a bit rather than just OHKO stuff. xD

Years
  • for my first (and let's be real - probably only) playthrough i think i'll just play it normally. i'm not a fan of restarting games, so i'd have to pick up the second version to attempt any sort of challenge.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I think I'm going to do what someone else on the thread said and just go and box my starter. Never done that before so it could be really fun.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Alright, a great question! My answer shall be…

A Nuzlocke. Yep, exactly like SS, I plan to get both versions and do a nuzrun straight from the get go. Hopefully things turn out fine…

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Echoing the majority - normally. I'll try to use Pokemon I haven't used before (or not much), but not imposing any special challenges on myself.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    If they're doing the force Exp Share thing I might do a run where if a Pokemon faints I just box it/release it. Other than that, not planning anything crazy.

edfrick

Pilot of EVA-00
    Years
    • Age 22
    • they/them
    • Seen Feb 17, 2024
    Been watching a lot of Pokémon Challenges recently on YT, honestly has gotten me huge into the whole "hardcore nuzlocke" thing so I'm for sure gonna try one for BDSP.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Normally.
    I usually do challenges and crazy stuff at Battle Tower or pvp free battles

Back