• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In the midnight hour, she cries because she's sad and alone and just a little pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Yep, I'm glad that I decided to replace my CRT monitor to LCD one several years ago. That means there is more room to my desk, but it's still messy, considering that I have many cables cluttered in the desk... And I often using laptop in my room, but sometimes when I'm about to sleep, it's uncomfortable to type in the keyboard.

Years
....As for my own desk, let's not get into that...I try to keep it tidy but uhhh let's just say that doesn't last for long. Too many soda cans and whatnot.

You and me both. I could have soooo much room if I took the time to rearrange my desk and get all the junk off of it. But nope.

My desk is pretty awesome though. I stole it from my roommate. It's super sturdy and wooden, and it fits both my laptop and my monitor. Dual display setup FTW. I hardly ever move my laptop off the desk so I can have that 2nd display to keep my writing open at all times.

But my total screen resolution still sucks... 2390x768 hahahahahaha

EDIT: Just realized my roommate took a pic of my desk after he put Warhammer 40k figures on it while I was sleeping. THE HORROR! ADVERT YOUR EYES!

Starry Windy

Years
Wow, I did make a dual-screen setup several times before, and I admit, it's more efficient than just looking in one screen. However, I borrowed the 2nd monitor from my PC's, so eventually I rarely use that because I start up my PC sometimes.

Years
The only reason why I have dual monitors is because my 13" Macbook Pro just isn't cutting it anymore D: Had to get a stand alone one, the frameless 23" ASUS MX239, which is more than enough. Almost didn't fit in the nook XD At least now I have one part of my custom PC that I may or may not eventually build~

MoonLight

The Stars are Pretty
Years
Dual-screens are deffinely useful esp for me since I draw and use photoshop a lot but I need a hd monitor both my screens are different resolutions so the color is off on one lol looks funny

Starry Windy

Years
Ikr? Sometimes when I'm playing videos via GOM Player, I moved the GOM Player window to another monitor, and I noticed that the colors of its skin is a bit off compared to what's seen in my main monitor.

MoonLight

The Stars are Pretty
Years
Yeah is funny looking tho prob pick one up soon I need a 24" to match my other newer one my old one is 23" it's like 9 years old lol don't think hd was out back then haha

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
My desk upstairs is cluttered as well... I just have a lot of stuff up there I guess.

My desk is spotless.
Two PCs, two mice, two keyboards, 3 monitors, 1 graphics tablet and speakers.
If there is ever anything else that's not a single glass for the beverage i'm currently drinking it really bugs me.

I don't have a desk, I think I might be one of the few people who actually use my laptop on my lap, haha.

But no I don't really feel comfortable using the laptop in my room, it gets really stuffy and right now it's really messy so it's just bleh. There's the bed but I don't feel like it's good for me, nor does it feel comfortable at all to sit there and use the laptop either. But aside from that it's more the face that the area itself isn't so comfortable for me.

Also if it helps I don't have a desk in my room whatsoever.

I use my laptop on my chest / stomach and lay on the sofa. Comfort guaranteed.

Dual-screens are deffinely useful esp for me since I draw and use photoshop a lot but I need a hd monitor both my screens are different resolutions so the color is off on one lol looks funny

I don't think I could put up with having dual screens if they were different sizes. I specifically bought two of the same 27" monitor so they would look the same.

Also now that I have monitors with IPS I don't think I could go back to having non-IPS ones.

W-wait, this isn't the Tech DCC. Silly me.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
But it's alright to talk about everything here, including Tech {XD} No need to worry, Somniac. And I want to know, what is IPS?

In Plane Switching.
It essentially changes the way pixels are displayed so that colour is displayed better from angles. [Like when you look at a laptop screen at an angle and it looks odd].

However it does have the downside of slightly slower response-time when compared to TN displays [Which is probably what you're using right now, if you're not using an IPS display, or a CRT monitor.]

Basically, IPS is better for heavy graphics based work, and TN is better for entertainment such as gaming and movies where response time can be more noticeable.

Needless to say the IPS displays are on my graphics machine, whereas the other computer has a TN display for gaming.

Khilia

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets
Years
Oooh, so I guess a new thread is used every season?
*infests*
wait...
Apparently the current topic is technology or somethings...
*flees*

Years
Started this DCC earlier than the actual Spring date because of the double posting XD But the official start of next season isn't too far off anyway~

MoonLight

The Stars are Pretty
Years
I don't think I could put up with having dual screens if they were different sizes. I specifically bought two of the same 27" monitor so they would look the same.

Also now that I have monitors with IPS I don't think I could go back to having non-IPS ones.

W-wait, this isn't the Tech DCC. Silly me.

It's really only a inch in the difference so it's hardly noticeable. It's the color that stands out maybe take a pic of it sometime show your desktop lol

Years
I'd almost be willing to bet actual currency that the double posting issue will be back by the time the official start of spring for the northern hemisphere rolls by on the calendar.

We are technically in Meteorological Spring now, though.

Years
I'd almost be willing to bet actual currency that the double posting issue will be back by the time the official start of spring for the northern hemisphere rolls by on the calendar.

We are technically in Meteorological Spring now, though.

D: Don't jinx it! But yeah, unless the problem is solved somehow, I can see the double posting coming back to haunt OTL

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
....As for my own desk, let's not get into that...I try to keep it tidy but uhhh let's just say that doesn't last for long. Too many soda cans and whatnot.
Hahahaha. Accurately me.

I try to keep it clean, but then soda cans, and a couple plates, and my phone, and a coffee cup, or a 3DS, and papers suddenly end up all over it. Also some Pikachu plushies. Whoops.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
How the hell did I miss four pages already? ._.

Today's been an interesting day for me. I woke up at 4 and took a shower, then slept til 7 and browsed PC in my dreams (weird, I know). Then I woke up and caught the city bus, went to school, and there was another fight in the foyer. Not to mention before second hour there were two large dogs running amuck in A Wing, and the mens bathroom was riddled with blood stains. Oh, and I got a water fountain to run without pressure. :)

Years
Everyone's been posting in a hurry before the double posting comes back XD My class was cancelled today! Really want my reading week back...Just nice not to have to worry about schoolwork DX

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
How the hell did I miss four pages already? ._.

Today's been an interesting day for me. I woke up at 4 and took a shower, then slept til 7 and browsed PC in my dreams (weird, I know). Then I woke up and caught the city bus, went to school, and there was another fight in the foyer. Not to mention before second hour there were two large dogs running amuck in A Wing, and the mens bathroom was riddled with blood stains. Oh, and I got a water fountain to run without pressure. :)

Oh my o__o . That sounds like an eventful day. What kind of school do you go to again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back