• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

apollo, destroyer of mice

Cariad

world.search(you);
Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    if you were described in the style used by homer to depict characters in greek mythology, what would your homeric epithet be? are you ___, sacker of cities? or just brilliant ___? you could choose one for yourself, or use this if you're lazy.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Bright-eyed Rika.

ok then accurate I suppose!

Years
  • You are Marina, rouser of armies. Be sure to get monogrammed towels. Homer often used this epithet to describe Apollo, who is the god of many things, including but not limited to music, truth, the sun, poetry, and the plague, which is, you know, unfortunate.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • You are Jessica, best of the Achaeans. In the Homeric context, "Aechaens" basically just means "Greeks," so you're the best of the Greeks. Homer used this epithet to describe Agamemnon, Achilles, and Dimoedes, all of whom were apparently the best of the Greeks, despite the superlative nature of the word "best."

I'll take it. ^_^

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    took it four times because there was a couple/few questions where more than one answer was close enough

two times in a row resulted in this:
    You are Nah, curse of men. Feel free to sign all your checks that way. This is the same epithet Homer attributed to Ares, the god of war. Ares was the lover of Aphrodite and basically everyone's least favorite god. "Curse of men" he may be, but the ancient Greeks liked to tell stories that ended with him getting caught in nets and hit in the face with boulders, so.

two other times ended up with "rouser of armies" and "breaker of horses" (that one didn't really give me any idea of what it was supposed to mean). what fits best? do any of them remotely fit? it'd be nice if these internet quizzes always had the perfect answer for me for each question

....plz don't throw rocks at me or to try to catch me in nets ;_;

Back