• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: DS-style Gen VII and Beyond Pokémon Sprite Repository in 64x64

edfrick

Pilot of EVA-00
Years
    • Age 22
    • they/them
    • Seen Feb 17, 2024
    Not trying to rush you guys at all, but can we get an update on the progress being made right now? Especially since others can't submit their own sprites in this thread

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • Not trying to rush you guys at all, but can we get an update on the progress being made right now? Especially since others can't submit their own sprites in this thread

Worry not, lots of sprites are already close to being done as per le_paragon's last PM... We also received lots of reservations for the icons, most of them are already submitted to us, among those, most of them need only a few QC...

And that excludes the DLC additions which, at this moment, we still lack details so they are being prioritized less for now... But those will definitely be covered here... I will also update the file names of the alternate forms' sprites temporarily from hacking index numbers to just names in order to cater additional species from DLCs, potential DPPt remake, and potential Johto Let's Go...

Updates would come from le_paragon soon... It would most likely be a huge update...

And by the way, Z-nogyroP is also back in action with the sprite team!

Stay tuned for future updates!

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2023
    Obstagoon
    zVZFymQ.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2020
    Worry not, lots of sprites are already close to being done as per le_paragon's last PM... We also received lots of reservations for the icons, most of them are already submitted to us, among those, most of them need only a few QC...

And that excludes the DLC additions which, at this moment, we still lack details so they are being prioritized less for now... But those will definitely be covered here... I will also update the file names of the alternate forms' sprites temporarily from hacking index numbers to just names in order to cater additional species from DLCs, potential DPPt remake, and potential Johto Let's Go...

Updates would come from le_paragon soon... It would most likely be a huge update...

And by the way, Z-nogyroP is also back in action with the sprite team!

Stay tuned for future updates!

How do i use these back sprites of gen 7 in essentials?

im doing a emerald style game so i appreciate these backsprites instead of the full body that I mostly find, but these dont seem to be transparent. Is there a file where they are like how there is for the gen 6 gba sprites? If not, how do i use the ones here? I have gen 6 fully implemented, but this seems to be different.

Thanks!

Years
  • How do i use these back sprites of gen 7 in essentials?

im doing a emerald style game so i appreciate these backsprites instead of the full body that I mostly find, but these dont seem to be transparent. Is there a file where they are like how there is for the gen 6 gba sprites? If not, how do i use the ones here? I have gen 6 fully implemented, but this seems to be different.

Thanks!

It's easy. Use the download link provided in the OP. Open each sprite in Photoshop or GIMP, extract the backsprites, remove the background and scale it to 2x. That's what I'm doing for my fangame and its great.

HM100

HM100 the Techno
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Obstagoon
    zVZFymQ.png

Thanks for contributing but unfortunately, submissions for battles sprites are closed since French-Cynda a s Leparagon are taking of it but because they also work on the Smogon Sword/Shield project, they don't have enough time to work here. So I suggest you waiting rather than putting your sprites here. Thanks!

HM100

HM100 the Techno
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Dang, I was gonna contribute to the Gen 8 spritedex and then I saw that leParagon and co. are taking care of it...big sad.
    However, they didn't say anything about not being able to contribute Emerald second frames...

kcVhUkm.png

Hehehe...

(second frame credits go to gamerblack and conyjams)

Unfortunately, I don't know about 2nd frame contribution but it says do not post any battle sprites, evevn 2nd frame ones IIRC See https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9238119&postcount=2 for more info.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • In case you guys aren't aware, or at least not expecting, Minior and Magearna shiny sprites would also be recolored soon... I would also like to repeat that new species and forms from updates, patches and DLCs would also be included here...

I would also remind those who wants to contribute, you are free to submit battle sprites for Ride Pokémons...

Dang, I was gonna contribute to the Gen 8 spritedex and then I saw that leParagon and co. are taking care of it...big sad.
    However, they didn't say anything about not being able to contribute Emerald second frames...

kcVhUkm.png

Hehehe...

(second frame credits go to gamerblack and conyjams)

Battle sprites with second frames and Sugimori-colored sprites are now not a part of this repository... Those are already handled by MrDollSteak alongside other sprite artists like le_paragon on the Sugimori-colored Resource Project...

Jeesh

I just wanna hack Emerald.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2020
    Battle sprites with second frames and Sugimori-colored sprites are now not a part of this repository... Those are already handled by MrDollSteak alongside other sprite artists like le_paragon on the Sugimori-colored Resource Project...

Oh snap, I forgot that project existed! I've been away for too long...

My b, I'll 86 the post and take it there

leparagon

speed and quality
    Years
  • hi. been super busy and haven't had much time to sprite, but i'm doing what i can to fit some time in. dont worry about 2nd frames either, i'm gonna make them once this gba project is done.
    some sprites like Obstagoon already have a 2nd frame that Cynda made a long time ago.
    just to clarify in case people are confused, not all by many front sprites are resized from the Smogon Sprite Project, so the fronts will be credited to them if i didn't make the sprite

anyway, quick update. all backsprites by me except for Polteageist and Obstagoon:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    I honestly almost cried when I saw that, finally an update to the Sprite Project had come.

The sprites look amazing. Keep up the good work.

But Pikachu and the Legendary Dogs look kinda Small, and the Fossils seem a tad bit oversized.

leparagon

speed and quality
    Years
  • gmax sprites here were made to be regular sized, similar to their non-gmax forms in order to maintain the quality. and also because there are codes for them to be supersized in-game. check out pokemon Unbound for example. they have some youtube videos as proof of concept

zacian and zamazenta already maxed out the canvas size. besides, they look as bit if not bigger than some of the other gba legendary sprites from previous generations

fossils are as big as they need to be without losing any detail or proportions. besides, these fossils are bigger than all previous fossils by quite a lot according to dex heights

Last edited:

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • Hello! OP and DropBox contents are now updated with the new sprites!

Also, because of what is happening in our society these days, I would like to wish the safety of everyone and asking you guys to follow guidelines assigned by the authorities in order to keep you away from the danger of being exposed to the virus... Keep safe, stay strong and healthy, be alert and updated, and remain positive and happy as much as possible!

EDIT: For those who want to contribute sprites, we still accept sprites for Ride Pokémon!

Last edited:

super fan de pokemon

Pokemon palmero
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    hi. been super busy and haven't had much time to sprite, but i'm doing what i can to fit some time in. dont worry about 2nd frames either, i'm gonna make them once this gba project is done.
    some sprites like Obstagoon already have a 2nd frame that Cynda made a long time ago.
    just to clarify in case people are confused, not all by many front sprites are resized from the Smogon Sprite Project, so the fronts will be credited to them if i didn't make the sprite

anyway, quick update. all backsprites by me except for Polteageist and Obstagoon:
    Spoiler:

the shiny Obstagoon sprite the cross is poorly painted

Back