• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Pikachu Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
  • This hack is so ownage sauce, but I have some bad news.

I want to gamestop today and all I saw were row upon row of cartridge of this hack. :O

They had been pirated by tourists from Europe. >:O

Years
  • This hack is so ownage sauce, but I have some bad news.

I want to gamestop today and all I saw were row upon row of cartridge of this hack. :O

They had been pirated by tourists from Europe. >:O

I thought I told them to wait until next week. D<

Anyway, I think yo should make the bedroom be like really Pikachu. And you could have a place where there's a Pikachu and when you speak to him, he says : "Pikapikapika!" and then starts laughing.

Glitch.

maybe making a comeback
    Years
  • ok seriously i want to know whats so good about this hack. all it is is all the sprites are pikachus. Like i could post a thread saying pokemon totodile special totodile edition and make everything totodile.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
  • How are you going to get 8 scripters? Even posting that shows the inexperience you have in rom hacking. I'm not sure there is even 10 scripters currently active on PC.

I have to give up hacking now, I mean this hack just shows what I'll never be.
    Well done Gary. You are truely a king amongst men. (b")b

So, you're want to give up your hacking skills, an awesome hack you're working on, and all the time you put in to learnging ow to hack just because somebody changed some sprites around in an fr rom?

Last edited:
    Years
  • ok seriously i want to know whats so good about this hack. all it is is all the sprites are pikachus. Like i could post a thread saying pokemon totodile special totodile edition and make everything totodile.
    Yes, you could, and I would play it. :D Though, now it would likely be considered a ripoff of this.

How are you going to get 8 scripters? Even posting that shows the inexperience you have in rom hacking. I'm not sure there is even 10 scripters currently active on PC.

So, you're want to give up your hacking skills, an awesome hack you're working on, and all the time you put in to learnging ow to hack just because somebody changed some sprites around in an fr rom?
    I see someone has no sense of humor.

The title change wasn't my request, it was a joke by my good friend Harry/Manipulation, who happens to be mod of this section. And yes, I am inexperienced in rom hacking, which is why I'm not changing every little friggin' detail just to please people like you. I could make maps, but why? Kanto is a perfectly good region. I could get a new tileset, but I like this one just fine. I literally started hacking less than 24 hours ago, and I'm not making the same mistake I see in 98% of threads here: Starting what you can't finish.

This is in the freaking scrapbox. I get that you're jealous that I'm getting attention while your mediocre hack isn't getting the same level of excitement, but seriously, dude, chill.

I'm not presenting this as anything it's not, yet you keep repeating ad nauseum that it's just changing sprites -- we get it. I'm also editing battles and wild pokemon, but I'm not presenting as anything other than what it is. If people like it, that's their opinion. You don't like it, that's yours. Deal with it.

Seeming as you want scripters...Can I please be one?I know some complicated stuff,apart from level scripts.
    Sorry, it was a joke. I don't really need scripters or mappers.

Update: Beta 2 will be uploaded momentarily. :3

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
  • Fan King (can I call you Fanboy?), I don't think you understand this thread. See, Pokemon Pikachu Yellow: Special Pikachu Version is the most amazing hack of all time. I wish they were looking for spriters, so I could make some new and interesting Pikachu...

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    No, Abnegation sucks at hacking, he just gets other people to do all the work for him.

Years
  • I don't see what the big deal about this. There's no skill what so ever involved in this hack, in fact you probably couldn't even call it a hack. All you did was change all the picture # on a-map, and then changed a few things in a script editor. So far, I see no ingenuity in it. Someone could do this in about 15 or so minutes if they knew they're way around a-map, and could open a script via XSE or any other script editor.

I mean, come on, you didn't even change the maps

completely true!!!!
    so let me get this straight
    you play as pikachu
    you battle pikachu
    your pokemon consist of pikachu or riachu
    and there is no other alteration to the game what so ever
    i could honestly do this with overwold editor and a-text
    lol
    lmao

Years
  • completely true!!!!
    you play as pikachu
    you battle pikachu
    lol
    lmao
    I've been using AdvanceMap.

And I never said anything about Raichu.

You could do it, but you didn't, so I don't see your point.

Years
  • I've been using AdvanceMap.

And I never said anything about Raichu.

You could do it, but you didn't, so I don't see your point.

the reason why i dont is because its not a good idea for a hack in the first place
    and by getting rid of raichu you are getting rid of one of the main things of a starter pokemon, it evolving
    i can see you needing a-map for getting the offset of the text that your using but thats about it.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
  • completely true!!!!
    you play as pikachu
    you battle pikachu
    lol
    lmao

seriousr.png

Pik pi pikachu?

Years
  • the reason why i dont is because its not a good idea for a hack in the first place
    That's your opinion, but okay.
    and by getting rid of raichu you are getting rid of one of the main things of a starter pokemon, it evolving
    Go play Pokemon Yellow Version and then get back to me on that one.
    i can see you needing a-map for getting the offset of the text that your using but thats about it.
    Fun fact: you can change the overworlds through AdvanceMap. Though I don't see what this has to do with anything.

lol, Chesu. That's one of the best posts in this thread.

[EDIT] Update: New screenshot

Last edited:

Nissan Ramen Noodles

Nissan Ramen Noodles
    Years
  • I think I'm having enough luck this time.

Also, thank you for registering just to tell me this :D I feel special.

Nah, I joined so I could play Sacred Fire and some of the other games, but I guess I could see if you get better at hacking?...

It's gonna take more than hundreds of pikachu's before I take a couple of seconds of my time to download and patch this to clean rom, that's fer sure.

Maybe after moar story is added or something.

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2022
    Wow...all I can say is, is that this is the most epic hack ever. XD I've always dreamed of exploring a world as amazingly awesome as the Pikachu land of PikaKanto, and now...here it is! It takes a very unique sort of genius to come up with such a wonderfully creative idea =P

Seriously, though...it's clear that this hack is intended as satire, and I think it really is amazing how disingeniously you're going about it (and how seriously some people are taking this, lol ^^' ). If this were a genuinely serious hack, it wouldn't be anything to write home about - after all, if one were to judge solely from the surface without looking any deeper it's about as clever as those old graphical hacks from the mid-90's of Super Mario Brothers that replaced all the sprites with crude drawings of penises. But your tongue seems firmly in your cheek, and that's how I think this game, and this thread, succeeds - as a statement about the general poor state of the Scrapbox in general and about lack of innovation in hacking at large in particular (I saw that "hack Ruby to remake Ruby" thread too, and thought it was ridiculous ^^' ). By going so over the top in putting a Pikachu label on everything, and by presenting yourself as so very...earnest...it is truly clever. Even if it doesn't deserve Hack of the Year, it certainly deserves something for making us think about how we hack - and why we hack.

Massive kudos to you and I wish to see the epic levels of Pikachuness you can really bring this to. XD (Would you even go so far to replace all the dialogue with "pikapikapikachu?").

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back