• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Can I call for a reappraisal of Gogoat's backsprite? The horns have no shading, so there's limited indication of where they are in 3D space. At 400% zoom I can see the line where they cross over and the protruding point of the closer horn, but at 100% all that blends together so all I see is a flat V-shaped shape.

I'd resolve it myself but I'm not at all sure where I can grab a colour from.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • Can I call for a reappraisal of Gogoat's backsprite? The horns have no shading, so there's limited indication of where they are in 3D space. At 400% zoom I can see the line where they cross over and the protruding point of the closer horn, but at 100% all that blends together so all I see is a flat V-shaped shape.

I'd resolve it myself but I'm not at all sure where I can grab a colour from.

You can submit your edit/QC here for MrDS' approval...

EDIT: I modified the Mega Swampert that I submitted here before... Still based here (for the head and arms) and this time, slightly based the tail from Pokémon Showdown! Pokédex sprite while the torso and leg part is made by me so it still looks horrible but I believe that part is better now than what I did before (which is just modified from the base sprite)... Here's the sprite:

2GCeXCo.png

EDIT: I made another editing and changed the palette... Here's the sprite:

wzN3tqx.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    You can submit your edit/QC here for MrDS' approval...

That's the point—I don't have an edit to submit for appraisal, I'm asking for someone with some art chops to take a look. I specifically said why I don't feel confident in my ability to improve it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    How can I add you to the credits?

I see, I will try and do Mega Tyranitar icon.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Noob Buster, I merged your posts. Try not to post consecutively. nbd! :)

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • Hey guys, I found a bunch of really high-quality sprites, and if they were resized I think they could hugely benefit the resource. (I suck at re-sizing though.) I looks like a few of these have already been done. (http://n-kin.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/)

This resource have some sprites based from N-Kin's sprites before, so yeah... Some do not meet the requirements though... By the way, have you seen capylus' Mega Tyranitar, Mega lopunny and Mega Gyarados sprites? They're already in 64x64 but in GBA-style and palette... Do you think you can QC them to look like DS-style sprites? I tried to re-draw them but no luck... I think if they'll be converted to DS-style, they might look nice... Here are his sprites...

Mega Tyranitar:
    T_zpsrcyk97yu.png

Mega Lopunny:
    LO_zpspun9iy7m.png

Mega Gyarados:
    GY_zpsxoioqogn.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    This resource have some sprites based from N-Kin's sprites before, so yeah... Some do not meet the requirements though...

By the way, have you seen capylus' Mega Tyranitar, Mega lopunny and Mega Gyarados sprites? They're already in 64x64 but in GBA-style and palette... Do you think you can QC them to look like DS-style sprites? I tried to re-draw them but no luck... I think if they'll be converted to DS-style, they might look nice... Here are his sprites...

Mega Tyranitar:
    T_zpsrcyk97yu.png

Mega Lopunny:
    LO_zpspun9iy7m.png

Mega Gyarados:
    GY_zpsxoioqogn.png
    Some don't, but Greninja, Foakie, Sylveon, Aurorus, Amaura, and maybe Fletchling, Pyroar male, Diance, Fennekin, and Gogoat would all be amazing additions to the resource if properly resized!

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    Froakie front sprite is used... What do you think about capylus' sprites?
    Foakie front sprite is used... The individual pokemon downloads aren't up to date.
    On a that note, can MrDollSteak add completed shiny sprites for both front and back sprites underneath the completed sprites link?

I made a shiny pallet for his Sylveon sprite and want to submit it, but I don't have anywhere to upload it to, as I don't want to keep uploading stuff to my Deviantart. Any recommendations?

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • Hey guys, I found a bunch of really high-quality sprites, and if they were resized I think they could hugely benefit the resource. (I suck at re-sizing though.) I looks like a few of these have already been done. (http://n-kin.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/)

No. The resource is completed. I will do some QC on existing sprites but I doubt I'll be replacing anything.

This resource have some sprites based from N-Kin's sprites before, so yeah... Some do not meet the requirements though... By the way, have you seen capylus' Mega Tyranitar, Mega lopunny and Mega Gyarados sprites? They're already in 64x64 but in GBA-style and palette... Do you think you can QC them to look like DS-style sprites? I tried to re-draw them but no luck... I think if they'll be converted to DS-style, they might look nice... Here are his sprites...

Mega Tyranitar:
    T_zpsrcyk97yu.png

Mega Lopunny:
    LO_zpspun9iy7m.png

Mega Gyarados:
    GY_zpsxoioqogn.png

Nope sorry these don't work. These have already been submitted and I've already rejected them.

Foakie front sprite is used... The individual pokemon downloads aren't up to date.
    On a that note, can MrDollSteak add completed shiny sprites for both front and back sprites underneath the completed sprites link?

I made a shiny pallet for his Sylveon sprite and want to submit it, but I don't have anywhere to upload it to, as I don't want to keep uploading stuff to my Deviantart. Any recommendations?

What do you mean the individual Pokemon downloads aren't up to date? The resource is completed.

Sylveon's shiny palette is already completed. No need to upload anything.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • I made a shiny pallet for his Sylveon sprite and want to submit it, but I don't have anywhere to upload it to, as I don't want to keep uploading stuff to my Deviantart. Any recommendations?

If you have something to submit, you can use Imgur...

Nope sorry these don't work. These have already been submitted and I've already rejected them.

Sorry for that... It's just a question for fridave...

I hope you won't mind, I'll just post my edit of capylus' sprites...

Mega Gyarados:
    o7us1Ht.png

Mega Tyranitar:
    0iAqVcg.png

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    No. The resource is completed. I will do some QC on existing sprites but I doubt I'll be replacing anything.

What do you mean the individual Pokemon downloads aren't up to date? The resource is completed.

Sylveon's shiny palette is already completed. No need to upload anything.
    Never mind about the up to date thing. It's just that it's been a while since I downloaded them.

I wouldn't call this resource complete. While it's made amazing progress, there's still a whole bunch of mega Pokemon to do, and link for the complete set of Megas and shiny Pokemon. Once those are done, the resource would be finished. But it wouldn't be complete. A few of the sprites simply aren't what I would call "high quality". While I wont harp on all of the tiny little problems, I will point out the thing that throw an entire sprite off:

Greninja is probably the worst, with disproportions every where and the entire thing just looking... off. The eye is the biggest problem.
    Skiddo's horns, hooves and face are misshaped.
    Espurr's head is misshaped and its arms are way too short, as well as poor line work in general.
    Both male and female Meowstic also have poor line work, as well as odd palette choices.
    Honedge's seems bent at the end.
    Swirlix seems slightly misshaped.
    Amaura and Auroros have the weirdest line work, especially around their head fins, making them look resized and grainy.
    Sylveon is close to Greninja in terms of what problems it has, to a lesser degree.
    Floette, Flabebe, Sligoo, and Goomy and Diancie are all way too big.
    Noiverns wings are disproportional.
    Xerneas and Yveltal are pretty bad, but considering their size, they're probably close to the best that they can be, so I won't add them to the list.
    Hoopa's has several problems with proportions and shapes, but it's horns are the worst.
    Hoopa-Unbound's sprite is good, but is way too small. It probably needs a repose.

These, along with a few other, smaller problems, are why I don't think this resource meets, Chaos Rush's level of quality, yet. There's always a way to improve.

Don't take me the wrong way. I absolute LOVE this resource, and all of the effort that has gone in to it. And I think that most of the sprites are incredibly well-made. That's why it hurts me when you say "complete", as if you want to hurry up and finish, as long as the final product is "good". Keep working to improve.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • Never mind about the up to date thing. It's just that it's been a while since I downloaded them.

I wouldn't call this resource complete. While it's made amazing progress, there's still a whole bunch of mega Pokemon to do, and link for the complete set of Megas and shiny Pokemon. Once those are done, the resource would be finished. But it wouldn't be complete. A few of the sprites simply aren't what I would call "high quality". While I wont harp on all of the tiny little problems, I will point out the thing that throw an entire sprite off:

Greninja is probably the worst, with disproportions every where and the entire thing just looking... off. The eye is the biggest problem.
    Skiddo's horns, hooves and face are misshaped.
    Espurr's head is misshaped and its arms are way too short, as well as poor line work in general.
    Both male and female Meowstic also have poor line work, as well as odd palette choices.
    Honedge's seems bent at the end.
    Swirlix seems slightly misshaped.
    Amaura and Auroros have the weirdest line work, especially around their head fins, making them look resized and grainy.
    Sylveon is close to Greninja in terms of what problems it has, to a lesser degree.
    Floette, Flabebe, Sligoo, and Goomy and Diancie are all way too big.
    Noiverns wings are disproportional.
    Xerneas and Yveltal are pretty bad, but considering their size, they're probably close to the best that they can be, so I won't add them to the list.
    Hoopa's has several problems with proportions and shapes, but it's horns are the worst.
    Hoopa-Unbound's sprite is good, but is way too small. It probably needs a repose.

These, along with a few other, smaller problems, are why I don't think this resource meets, Chaos Rush's level of quality, yet. There's always a way to improve.

Don't take me the wrong way. I absolute LOVE this resource, and all of the effort that has gone in to it. And I think that most of the sprites are incredibly well-made. That's why it hurts me when you say "complete", as if you want to hurry up and finish, as long as the final product is "good". Keep working to improve.

The Kalos section of the resource is completed. I actually disagree with you completely on the sprites that you've mentioned. The only sprites that I am unhappy with at all are Slurpuff's front sprite, Gogoat's back sprite, and Xerneas. Though Xerneas is too big to do in any other way.

I made all the sprites by looking at the official model and artwork so for you to point out that everything is disproportional is really off. I appreciate you trying to help but you haven't been with this project since I started it two years ago.

I'm not trying to hurry up and finish, I have already finished with the Kalos section. If you want to QC the sprites you have taken issue with you can do that, and I'll see if they look any good. Though most times people have attempted QC on the sprites they've made them worse so I wish you luck with that.

Back