• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    If you have something to submit, you can use Imgur...

Sorry for that... It's just a question for fridave...

I hope you won't mind, I'll just post my edit of capylus' sprites...

Mega Gyarados:
    Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource

Mega Tyranitar:

Is it because they are based off from RSE/FRLG sprites instead of DPPt/HGSS/BW/B2W2 or simply the DS-style project so that's why those aren't accepted? Most recent Mega here are based off from the DS-style.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • Is it because they are based off from RSE/FRLG sprites instead of DPPt/HGSS/BW/B2W2 or simply the DS-style project so that's why those aren't accepted? Most recent Mega here are based off from the DS-style.

Yes, the original sprites by capylus are in GBA-style... But I think that if his sprites are reconstructed/redrawn and recolored by good QC-ers, then they might look good as a DS-style sprite... I attempted to do that with his Mega Alakazam sprite even though I'm not a good sprite maker/editor/QC-er and it was almost accepted... So I attempted again with his Mega Gyarados and Tyranitar... So I think if a good QC-er can fix my edits to capylus' sprites, it might be possible that they might be accepted...

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    The Kalos section of the resource is completed. I actually disagree with you completely on the sprites that you've mentioned. The only sprites that I am unhappy with at all are Slurpuff's front sprite, Gogoat's back sprite, and Xerneas. Though Xerneas is too big to do in any other way.

I made all the sprites by looking at the official model and artwork so for you to point out that everything is disproportional is really off. I appreciate you trying to help but you haven't been with this project since I started it two years ago.

I'm not trying to hurry up and finish, I have already finished with the Kalos section. If you want to QC the sprites you have taken issue with you can do that, and I'll see if they look any good. Though most times people have attempted QC on the sprites they've made them worse so I wish you luck with that.
    I apologize a bit for that as I was slightly annoyed at the time. However, there are a few complaints I still stand by. I'll try to be more constructive in pinpointing exactly what needs improvement namely:

Greninja's eye is comically big.
    Amaura and Auroros's line work makes it seem grainy at %100 zoom.
    Both Meowstic's blue seems like it leans too heavily towards it's dream world art.
    Sylveon still looks slightly... off. I can't pinpoint why... maybe it's the eyes?
    Floette, Flabebe, Sligoo, and Goomy and Diancie do not follow Chaos Rush's rules for sprite sizes. They all need to be sized down.
    Hoopa's horns are way too big.
    Hoopa-Unbound needs a repose, as it also doesn't follow the size rules, only backwards.

I will work on some of these myself, and hopefully you will see where I'm coming from.

About capylus' sprites... I think his mega Lopunny is pretty good. I think that of the three, it's the most salvageable.

EDIT: I've edited capylus' mega Lopunny sprite. I didn't do much, aside from tinkering with the shading.
    https://i.imgur.com/ua9QvVR.png
    Also, here's that Sylveon W/ shiny pallet:
    https://i.imgur.com/PzGJkm2.png

Last edited:

YellowTemperance

DeDeDoodles™ by Kirby
    Years
  • Please forgive me, but sitting here and watching this thread today, I couldn't help myself and I tweaked thedarkdragon's edit of that Mega Swampert just a tiny bit to my liking. I know a thing or two about spriting, y'see; been sprite editing since 2005-2006, back during the days of The Fallout Shelter, before places like The Spriters' Resource and Pixeltendo came about, and I decided to put into practice some of the things I've learned over a tenure of spriting.

I added a bit of anti-aliasing and highlight-shading where I saw it could benefit from it, and emphasized the muscular development in Mega-bruh's legs with some better linework and some shading to define the knee. It still bugs me, because that's not a tweak present in Sugimori's original artwork for Mega Swampert, but without it, it just looks like one solid shape without definition.

I'm not sure you'd accept this, MrDS, but it's my own effort, at least. Maybe with a bit more cleanup it could be serviceable enough? I dunno.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • I apologize a bit for that as I was slightly annoyed at the time. However, there are a few complaints I still stand by. I'll try to be more constructive in pinpointing exactly what needs improvement namely:

Both Meowstic's blue seems like it leans too heavily towards it's dream world art.
    Sylveon still looks slightly... off. I can't pinpoint why... maybe it's the eyes?
    Floette, Flabebe, Sligoo, and Goomy and Diancie do not follow Chaos Rush's rules for sprite sizes. They all need to be sized down.
    Hoopa-Unbound needs a repose, as it also doesn't follow the size rules, only backwards.

I will work on some of these myself, and hopefully you will see where I'm coming from.

About capylus' sprites... I think his mega Lopunny is pretty good. I think that of the three, it's the most salvageable.

EDIT: I've edited capylus' mega Lopunny sprite. I didn't do much, aside from tinkering with the shading.

I think they're nice man!

Please forgive me, but sitting here and watching this thread today, I couldn't help myself and I tweaked thedarkdragon's edit of that Mega Swampert just a tiny bit to my liking. I know a thing or two about spriting, y'see; been sprite editing since 2005-2006, back during the days of The Fallout Shelter, before places like The Spriters' Resource and Pixeltendo came about, and I decided to put into practice some of the things I've learned over a tenure of spriting.

I added a bit of anti-aliasing and highlight-shading where I saw it could benefit from it, and emphasized the muscular development in Mega-bruh's legs with some better linework and some shading to define the knee. It still bugs me, because that's not a tweak present in Sugimori's original artwork for Mega Swampert, but without it, it just looks like one solid shape without definition.

I'm not sure you'd accept this, MrDS, but it's my own effort, at least. Maybe with a bit more cleanup it could be serviceable enough? I dunno.

Yes! Thanks for the tweak! It looks better now...

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • I apologize a bit for that as I was slightly annoyed at the time. However, there are a few complaints I still stand by. I'll try to be more constructive in pinpointing exactly what needs improvement namely:

Regarding Meowstic, I've been making ALL the palettes from the Dream World art as it most closely emulates the saturated DS colours.

Sliggoo is the only one out of that batch you listed that I think is too big. Flabebe and Floette aren't that big if you ignore the flower. Diancie is tall but not wide.

Hoopa Unbound can not get any bigger*, believe me.

Amaura and Aurorus can probably use some touching up that's true, and I'll look into Greninja too.

Not a fan of Capylus' Mega Lopunny, or that alternate Sylveon.

If you want to QC do it on the existing sprites, please don't post replacement sprites.

Please forgive me, but sitting here and watching this thread today, I couldn't help myself and I tweaked thedarkdragon's edit of that Mega Swampert just a tiny bit to my liking. I know a thing or two about spriting, y'see; been sprite editing since 2005-2006, back during the days of The Fallout Shelter, before places like The Spriters' Resource and Pixeltendo came about, and I decided to put into practice some of the things I've learned over a tenure of spriting.

It's certainly getting there! Probably enough for me to work with it now.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I think Fridave is saying that Hoopa-U's sprite is too small considering its actual size, but I have no idea how it could be made any bigger but still fit into 64 x 64.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    Regarding Meowstic, I've been making ALL the palettes from the Dream World art as it most closely emulates the saturated DS colours.

Sliggoo is the only one out of that batch you listed that I think is too big. Flabebe and Floette aren't that big if you ignore the flower. Diancie is tall but not wide.

Hoopa Unbound can not get any bigger*, believe me.

Amaura and Aurorus can probably use some touching up that's true, and I'll look into Greninja too.

Not a fan of Capylus' Mega Lopunny, or that alternate Sylveon.

If you want to QC do it on the existing sprites, please don't post replacement sprites.

It's certainly getting there! Probably enough for me to work with it now.
    Thanks for hearing me out. Hoopa Unbound's current sprite is fantastic, and I can't imagine any ways too make something better, it just that the Pokemon itself is so big and has so many small details, that 64x64 can't really do it justice.

I'll try making my own mega Lopunny, and see what comes of that.

Years
  • Hi!
    I tried to make this M-Alakazam front sprite based on the DW Artwork and using thedarkdragon11 palettes but the result was... not the best.
    I think that can be used as a base if someone wants.

EDIT: Touched up the legs, the spoons and the shading.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    Current M-Lopunny WIP:

Currently just flat colors, made by resizing the Sugimori art and tracing over using the DW colors. The shapes are really weird in some place, but trust me that it will look much better once I've added all the linework.

MrDollSteak, do you think the proportions are acceptable? I think it might be too zoomed out, and probably needs some reposing. I'd like to know what you think before I continue.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • Current M-Lopunny WIP:

Currently just flat colors, made by resizing the Sugimori art and tracing over using the DW colors. The shapes are really weird in some place, but trust me that it will look much better once I've added all the linework.

MrDollSteak, do you think the proportions are acceptable? I think it might be too zoomed out, and probably needs some reposing. I'd like to know what you think before I continue.

That's cool man!

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • Tried to do Mega Sceptile, ignore the christmas three tail.

That's nice! Maybe curving the tail more will make it look better...

Nice sprite! The tail might need some reposing, but it'll make a great base!

Also, while I was working on M-Lopunny, I got kinda sidetracked and ended up making this:

It's very unfinished, but I hope it'll provide as a good base for someone.

That's nice! Do you have plans on finishing that Primal Kyogre?

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • Current M-Lopunny WIP:

Eh if you compare it with the DS resource's Lopunny, or my Sugimori Lopunny, this one is way smaller than it, which is something I want to avoid.

Tried to do Mega Sceptile, ignore the christmas three tail.

It's not bad, but yeah the tail is certainly letting it down.

Nice sprite! The tail might need some reposing, but it'll make a great base!

Also, while I was working on M-Lopunny, I got kinda sidetracked and ended up making this:

It's very unfinished, but I hope it'll provide as a good base for someone.

That's pretty good! Should serve as a good base.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    That's nice! Maybe curving the tail more will make it look better...

That's nice! Do you have plans on finishing that Primal Kyogre?
    Just to clarify: I won't be finishing Primal Kyogre. I'm asking MrDS or someone else to finish it. All it really needs is a new pallet and glowing effects in the lines and fins.

EDIT:
    After doing some experimenting with the Sugimori art, I've discovered that Lopunny's 64x64 sprite has chibi-like proportions. The head is oversized, and the legs are too short. This explains why my M-Lopunny looks so small in comparison.

Last edited:

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • I made another modifications with the Mega Garchomp and Mega Alakazam sprites that I submitted... They have the same base as the previous ones...

Mega Garchomp:

Mega Alakazam with spoons:

Mega Alakazam without spoons:

Just to clarify: I won't be finishing Primal Kyogre. I'm asking MrDS or someone else to finish it. All it really needs is a new pallet and glowing effects in the lines and fins.

EDIT:
    After doing some experimenting with the Sugimori art, I've discovered that Lopunny's 64x64 sprite has chibi-like proportions. The head is oversized, and the legs are too short. This explains why my M-Lopunny looks so small in comparison.

I see... Maybe I should try too?

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    I made another modifications with the Mega Garchomp and Mega Alakazam sprites that I submitted... They have the same base as the previous ones...

Mega Garchomp:

Mega Alakazam with spoons:

Mega Alakazam without spoons:

I see... Maybe I should try too?
    Wow! Both of them are looking really good! I have a few suggestions:

The tip of Mega Garchomp's hand-blade looks somewhat misshapen, and something seems to be going on with claws on the left foot.

Mega Alakazam's left hand needs work, as right now it looks like a paw of some sort. Also, almost all of the outlines are solid black, so it makes it kind of hard to tell what's what.

Maybe you should try what?

Last edited:

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • Wow! Both of them are looking really good! I have a few suggestions:

The tip of Mega Garchomp's hand-blade looks somewhat misshapen, and something seems to be going on with claws on the left foot.

Mega Alakazam's left hand needs work, as right now it looks like a paw of some sort. Also, almost all of the outlines are solid black, so it makes it kind of hard to tell what's what.

Maybe you should try what?

I'm not really sure how to start fixing the Mega Garchomp's parts that you've mentioned... I might focus with Mega Alakazam first...

Speaking of Mega Alakazam, I did some modifications with the outlines, as well as the right hand middle finger... I'm not sure how to fix the colors below (leg) as they are very close to each other, the boundary between the face and the beard and the spoons' outlines... About the right hand, any suggestions? The fist is closed there...

Here:

About the maybe try, I'm pertaining to your Primal Kyogre but, I changed my mind because I'm obviously very horrible when it comes to coloring...

Back