• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Where would you live?

Years
  • Where in the Johto region would you like to live?

Where I belong is in Blackthorn city. I would be a shrine maid living in the Dragon's Den and help Clair's grandfather raise the Dratini.

Where on the map would YOU go?

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years
  • Either Olivine or Cianwood for me. The former is a lot livelier, boasts the S.S. Aqua, a lovely lighthouse, and has a beach right beside it. Also, getting to the MooMoo milk farm isn't too hard, and getting out of the city to relax in the plains is always an option.

Cianwood, though it also features beachfront, is much quieter and more isolated. A small, tight knit community appeals to me though, as does the prospect of peaceful days by the sea. The fact that it does have a gym means that there is some action though, and provides a flow of newcomers to keep things from stagnating. I'm not going to add reasons pertaining to the additions made in HG/SS as this is a Gen 2 board, but those would only increase my affinity for Cianwood.

Either way, both appeal to different sides of me, and feature beaches. And I'd assume, mild, rainy weather, which makes me happy.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Realistically, I'd probably live in Azalea Town since it's pretty similar to where I live IRL. Very country, pile of firewood outside the house, a well and spring, surrounded by forest, and I'm pretty sure there are some caves further up the hill. It's also just a hop, skip, and jump away from the city (Goldenrod) in one direction or my old high and middle schools in the other (Violet City School). If Azalea had a creek, it would be a nearly identical!

I imagine tinkering around with Apricorn Balls since those fascinated me as a kid, going on regular strolls through Ilex Forest to photograph Bug Pokémon, and occasionally venturing to the other side of Union Cave to hunt fossils near the Ruins of Alph.

What's also uncanny is that New Bark Town is right next Kanto, separated only by a body of water. Where I lived as a kid (and where I started playing Pokémon) was right across the river from the next state over.

Just for fun, based on wild Pokémon that appear near New Bark Town and Azalea in the games, my team may look something like this if I lived there:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    This is tough! I think I'd like, travel the region constantly lol. I legit love all of Johto :( But I'm thinking probably Goldenrod because city, central hub, not too isolated, and then you can head over to Violet City if you're short on Bellsprouts for dinner (jk!!) Either way - yeah... Goldenrod for me :)

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Blackthorn City, I can catch strong pokemon down south like Skarmory or Donphan. The place also is full of dragon trainers I can battle.

.Eclipseon.

Ascensionverse Author
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    This is a tough one ...

The city that immediately came to mind for me was Ecruteak, for the beautiful scenery, rich history, and air of traditonalism in terms of keeping the best parts of the past alive in a modern world. The Kimono Girls cultivating eevee is also a nice perk, in addition to the Two Towers.

After that, my choice would be Blackthorn for similar reasons, only with dragons added into the mix. Since I see psychic- and dragon-types as the top of the type hierarchy in terms of poke-culture, there would also be a lot built around them. Being in the dragon trade would give you no shortage of things to learn and do.

My third choice would probably be Azalea, for reasons similar to @icycatelf. It also has the perk of being only a few days (realistically) walk from Goldenrod if you wanted a mini vacation and to get a lot done while you were gone.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2018
    Goldenrod City. Not only does it have the big Pokemart, Bike Store and Magnet Train, but it's within walking distance of the Bug Catching Contest and especially the Breeding Center.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I would probably be staying in Olivine. Maybe it's because it kinda reminds me of my hometown, maybe it's because I always forget what to do with Ampharos so I end up staying there for a longer time that I do in the other towns, maybe it's because they have a Miltank farm near by, but I can see myself live there. But hating it because I dislike the water, and dreaming of moving out in another town like Goldrenrod, pretty much like irl.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I've always liked New Bark Town, as it seems quaint and scenic. Alternatively, Ecruteak has always appealed to me. It has mountains, nearby grass, fairly easy access to the city (Goldenrod) without being urban, and is steeped in tradition. I wish it had a bit more water, but water isn't too far away to the east. And it's fairly centrally located, which makes travel to other towns fairly straightforward.

Reactions: noa
    Years
  • Can't go wrong with Goldenrod! I would have the train near if I wanted to go to Kanto, as well as access to the daycare and radio tower!

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • Ecruteak City I think, it's a beautiful city with great history and it is close enough to Goldenrod City and Olivine City if I want to get out of town for a while. Plus I can watch pretty girls in Kimonos dance. LOL

Back