• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen General Chat Caf?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
  • General Chat Café

The Sixth Generation Chit-Chat Thread

Hello everyone, welcome to the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Chat Café! For anyone who doesn't know, Pokécommunity chit-chat threads are threads where members are free to talk, rant, vent, or discuss anything and everything related to the topic of its corresponding subforum. This is meant to be a place to just kick back and chit-chat with other people who enjoy the games.

Just bought the games and you want to let everyone know that a new Hoenn trainer has entered the building? Wanna show off that newly designed Super Secret Base? Halfway through the game and you'd like to share your thoughts/critiques/opinions on the game so far? Or maybe you just want to pop in and tell us how much you loved the Delta Episode? As long as your post relates to OR/AS, isn't spam/non-sensical, and otherwise follows the PokéCommunity global rules, you're free to post it here and chat with other members about it! It's all welcome here and we're looking forward to chatting with you about all your 3D Hoenn escapades :)

Casual chit-chat though this is, there are a few guidelines that must be laid out to ensure that this is fun for everyone:​

• While you do not need to adhere to the current topic being discussed if you aren't terribly interested in it, do try to acknowledge the topic before switching it. As this is a chit-chat thread and the topic is generally open, it's okay to have multiple topics going on at once.

• Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Shall we talk about our favorite place in ORAS? (:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Well sure, I don't see why not n_n I really like Pacifidlog Town. I love the music, and thinking of Pacifidlog Town always conjures up thoughts of a nice ocean breeze. Not to mention it has the one old man who makes that awesome Lord of the Rings reference:

14%2B-%2B1

Years
  • I know this may be boring to most people, but I actually love the watery areas in the game. Especially with how pretty the underwater areas are now, having Pokemon swimming in the overworld and it's just so fun to explore.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Well sure, I don't see why not n_n I really like Pacifidlog Town. I love the music, and thinking of Pacifidlog Town always conjures up thoughts of a nice ocean breeze. Not to mention it has the one old man who makes that awesome Lord of the Rings reference:

14%2B-%2B1

I love Pacifidlog's music too, but for a different reason -- I love it because of Lilycove City, haha. For towns and cities, I used to love Fortree City back in Gen III. But I prefer Lilycove and Sootopolis in Gen VI, Lilycove has a department store, art museum and a Contest Hall (not much of a participant nowadays though). As for Sootoplis, the music and atmosphere are perfect. (:

I know this may be boring to most people, but I actually love the watery areas in the game. Especially with how pretty the underwater areas are now, having Pokemon swimming in the overworld and it's just so fun to explore.

You are not alone! Who doesn't love water? There is nothing such as too much water. I rate the sea route 100/10.

Last edited:
    Years
  • You are not alone! Who doesn't love water? There is nothing such as too much water. I rate the sea route 100/10.

That's the spirit! It's definitely our in-your-face message to IGN saying that there is no such thing as "too much water", because said water is full of beauty and we must respect that.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    That's the spirit! It's definitely our in-your-face message to IGN saying that there is no such thing as "too much water", because said water is full of beauty and we must respect that.

I really love diving in Hoenn. I'm really appreciating the new diving mechanics likes a faster diving with Sharpedo and you can also dive with Kyogre. :P While I prefer diving in their GBA classic counterpart, ORAS' isn't too shabby either. The details like Luvdisc and Corsola swimming under the sea kinda makes it up for the dark environment (that I dislike).

I wish there was something we can do with Groudon other than battling and contests, diving with Kyogre is sorta an exclusive thing for Alpha Sapphire players, I 'spose. Unless the Omega Ruby players received a Kyogre through various means. XD

Years
  • That was most likely why I played Alpha Sapphire as my main remake. Kyogre grew so much on me that I loved it so much better than Groudon, especially now that Kyogre gets a unique overworld model when using Surf and Dive.

Omega Ruby players don't get that with Groudon, only riding on it in that one scene leading up to the encounter with its Primal form. But with Kyogre you can ride on it underwater even after you catch it.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    That was most likely why I played Alpha Sapphire as my main remake. Kyogre grew so much on me that I loved it so much better than Groudon, especially now that Kyogre gets a unique overworld model when using Surf and Dive.

Omega Ruby players don't get that with Groudon, only riding on it in that one scene leading up to the encounter with its Primal form. But with Kyogre you can ride on it underwater even after you catch it.

Then Cathy be like, 'at least I get Mawile and Duskull and yall don't!' XD Jkjk

But yeah, it's rather sad when you think about it. The Eon siblings and Kyogre can be ridden, Groudon is kinda left out when it come to interacting. Perhaps P-Groudon's batting capability, in a sense, is a way to compensate? While not a battler myself, I heard that P-Groudon's far superior over P-Kyogre when it comes to battle. Though it's a bit ironic that P-Groudon's one and only weakness is Ground-type. :P

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Then Cathy be like, 'at least I get Mawile and Duskull and yall don't!' XD Jkjk

Darn straight. And I transferred my Kyogre forward from HeartGold, so I still got to experience the wonderful magic of riding Kyogre :P

But yea, I loved the new overworld surfing models. Especially Sharpedo, which felt like GameFreak's answer to the somewhat-common complaint that "we have a fast way to travel on land, but not on water". Though I was somewhat surprised to see that Lapras didn't get one in OR/AS, even though it did in X&Y ~_~

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Darn straight. And I transferred my Kyogre forward from HeartGold, so I still got to experience the wonderful magic of riding Kyogre :P

But yea, I loved the new overworld surfing models. Especially Sharpedo, which felt like GameFreak's answer to the somewhat-common complaint that "we have a fast way to travel on land, but not on water". Though I was somewhat surprised to see that Lapras didn't get one in OR/AS, even though it did in X&Y ~_~

A Kyogre that is caught in the Johto region. -giggles-

I was actually wondering the lack of Lapras surf sprite. I don't think a Lapras surf sprite's gonna take a lot of space...

So boys and girls, do you think we've received enough amount of Mega Evolutions in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

I think not, just look at how lacking we are in the Grass department. We only have one Grass Mega in ORAS and that Pokemon happens to be a starter too! Unsurprisingly the Water-type has three Megas, including M-Swampert of course. Perhaps that's the true meaning of too much water. Lmao

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I think we got enough Megas in these games. I mean granted, there's a few I was expecting that I wish we had gotten, like Mega Milotic and Mega Flygon. But there were also some unexpected ones, like Mega Audino, Mega Pidgeot, and Mega Beedrill. So it sorta balanced out, in that way.

I didn't even realize there weren't that many Grass-type Megas! I guess since I'm not a huge fan of Grass-types I never really paid a whole lot of attention, but yea, I do hope maybe we'll get some more Grass Megas in the future.

Years
  • Does anyone feel weird that in ORAS storyline, they have romances now?

Its funny when you play a boy, then may is all up in your grill but if you play as girl, brandon is just like lol friendzone :v

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I was actually wondering the lack of Lapras surf sprite. I don't think a Lapras surf sprite's gonna take a lot of space...

[/s]

I loved the Walmer sprite! :D If I knew that I couldn't see it after it evolved in Wailord, I would never have evolved it! D:

I think we got some nice Mega, but where is mega flygon? T_T

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I think we got enough Megas in these games. I mean granted, there's a few I was expecting that I wish we had gotten, like Mega Milotic and Mega Flygon. But there were also some unexpected ones, like Mega Audino, Mega Pidgeot, and Mega Beedrill. So it sorta balanced out, in that way.

I didn't even realize there weren't that many Grass-type Megas! I guess since I'm not a huge fan of Grass-types I never really paid a whole lot of attention, but yea, I do hope maybe we'll get some more Grass Megas in the future.

Very true. While the amount is a bit more than XY's introduced Megas, it's actually perfect. The type balancing though, is terrible.

Does anyone feel weird that in ORAS storyline, they have romances now?

Its funny when you play a boy, then may is all up in your grill but if you play as girl, brandon is just like lol friendzone :v

I guess that is due to the popular shipping between Brendan and May back in the golden ol' days. :P It's a homage to those players, I suppose.

As for me, I tried to look it in a platonic way since I didn't hear the exact ILY words. :P

I loved the Walmer sprite! :D If I knew that I couldn't see it after it evolved in Wailord, I would never have evolved it! D:

I think we got some nice Mega, but where is mega flygon? T_T

I totally forgot about the Wailmer sprite. :o

According to Masuda, they were actually trying to create a Mega Flygon during the XY development, but the design didn't come out nicely so they had to cross it out. Let's hope we'll be seeing a Mega Flygon in 'Z version' or Gen 7!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Does anyone feel weird that in ORAS storyline, they have romances now?

I definitely sorta picked that up. I'm not sure how prominent it is throughout the game, but the scene at the beginning where she gets embarrassed and starts blushing just sorta set the tone of their relationship for the rest of the game for me :P

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I did as well. Very evident in the Delta episode as well. A pity imo because I don't actually like the rival. Designs are alright, but the personality (or lack thereof) I've had issue with since RSE. So hence the game shipping them with me really doesn't make me like them any more. =/ Ah well...

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I did as well. Very evident in the Delta episode as well. A pity imo because I don't actually like the rival. Designs are alright, but the personality (or lack thereof) I've had issue with since RSE. So hence the game shipping them with me really doesn't make me like them any more. =/ Ah well...

Yeah, isn't it ironic that the remake happened in a generation where the rivals suck? :P

May and Brendan didn't have much development, but Wally does. ):

Silver, Bianca and Cheren are the most developed rivals so far. Oh and when I mention the Gen V rivals, I am not including and basing their presence in B2W2.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Ugh the romances were the only part of the extended story that I couldn't stand. Brandon felt like a real wimp to me and it was a chore having to put up with him, like post-Elite Four and he challenges you to a battle and it felt very underwhelming because his team wasn't all that impressive and his dialog wasn't very inspiring either.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • According to Masuda, they were actually trying to create a Mega Flygon during the XY development, but the design didn't come out nicely so they had to cross it out. Let's hope we'll be seeing a Mega Flygon in 'Z version' or Gen 7!

I've heard that, but I don't know why they haven't ask to the fan XD
    I mean, come on! Look online, there is sooo many good mega-flygon!

Back