• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you celebrate your own birthday anymore, PC?

Sirfetch’d

I do but I don't necessarily enjoy it much. I am not one for attention nor do I really care to receive birthday calls from people who I never speak to otherwise but I'm not ever going to complain about it I guess.

Years
  • Since becoming an adult I've not really felt the need to have a party for it anymore. A nice meal and a few drinks does fine. My most recent one was pretty notable though since my dad was over visiting and we spent the day doing lots of tourist stuff for him around Hong Kong, which I enjoyed a lot myself.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Of course! I've never had a party, but we always celebrate birthdays with presents and good food. It's more a simple family affair than anything.

I personally like to relax and watch a Ghibli movie. <3 Although I wouldn't mind a party some day!

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    i usually try to take a beach trip or something out of town on my birthday. it's really just an excuse to spend unnecessary money and get away.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Well, sort of. I never really have a party... but my parents and maybe a few friends will treat me to a present. It really just depends. Growing up, I always had parties yet no one ever showed up to them. So, it got to the point where my mom gave up on doing it anymore.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    nah, not really. i like to take a long weekend and treat myself to a trip somewhere new or go out to dinner, but that's about it. very lowkey, i don't celebrate with a lot of people. just a few good friends and family.

Years
  • I think this year was the first time that I did absolutely nothing on my birthday. Every year my dad would take me out for a birthday lunch, and then I would usually do something in the evening with friends or other family. This is the first year though where I don't live near any family or friends, so I just sat at home and ate a store-bought slice of cheesecake and went to bed early. Oh, the fun of being an adult :p

Years
  • For the most part my family just goes to dinner and nothing more.

Although this year I was off on my birthday and I went to the beach and had a great time!

Back