• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VPP ~ Virtual Pokémon Pet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I get more than one present? I haven't been that nice ;)

A Mega Ring probably makes the most sense!

And a Mega Ring you get.

You can also add another 100 points to your stats for having a link to VPP in your sig. :D I thank you very much for it.

Years
  • Happy Merry Birthmas...lol. You get an Audinite, Umbreon and then 100 points for your Birthday along with the Christmas one. :D You can also get your Master VPP as well.
    Thanks. Could you please remind me if I have to list which Pokémon I'll use for the Master? If not, I'll take Blastoise, please.

Also, I finished my Lapras and with it I finished Ash Kanto Challenge with these Pokémon - Lapras, Snorlax, Tauros, Primeape, Charizard and Muk. And since I finished it, I'll take new Pokémon to rise. I have both Mega Ring and Audinite, so here comes Mega Audino (If I screwed somewhere and can't rise Mega Audino, I'll take Simipour instead):

Name: Janp
    Pokémon: Audino (Mega)
    Hemisphere: Northern

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Thanks. Could you please remind me if I have to list which Pokémon I'll use for the Master? If not, I'll take Blastoise, please.

Also, I finished my Lapras and with it I finished Ash Kanto Challenge with these Pokémon - Lapras, Snorlax, Tauros, Primeape, Charizard and Muk. And since I finished it, I'll take new Pokémon to rise. I have both Mega Ring and Audinite, so here comes Mega Audino (If I screwed somewhere and can't rise Mega Audino, I'll take Simipour instead):

Name: Janp
    Pokémon: Audino (Mega)
    Hemisphere: Northern

Audino @ 3,554
    Hatch @ 3,569
    Mega Audino @ Level 100: 3,754
    Shiny: Yes

You can take Simipour as your Pokemon for completing the Kanto Ash Challenge if you'd like. You can also add Blastoise and 10 points as well.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Hiya, Caite! o/

I've got a big event planned for the Pokémon Trivia section which I'm hoping will take place throughout the months of March and April! Do you think it would be okay to have VPPs as prizes for this event? :D Since this is going to be a posting challenge of sorts, I figured I could encourage participants to sign up for VPP (if they haven't already!), seeing as their posts in the event could potentially help them raise their Pokémon faster!

If you'd like, I can go into more detail via PM sometime! ^-^ As of this moment, though, my notes are still veeeery disorganized, ehehe!

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Hiya, Caite! o/

I've got a big event planned for the Pokémon Trivia section which I'm hoping will take place throughout the months of March and April! Do you think it would be okay to have VPPs as prizes for this event? :D Since this is going to be a posting challenge of sorts, I figured I could encourage participants to sign up for VPP (if they haven't already!), seeing as their posts in the event could potentially help them raise their Pokémon faster!

If you'd like, I can go into more detail via PM sometime! ^-^ As of this moment, though, my notes are still veeeery disorganized, ehehe!

Sure its always great to throw prizes at people...lol. Also gives me a reason to join the fun. :D Feel free to send me a PM with more info when you're ready. :D

Meadow

Years
  • Sure its always great to throw prizes at people...lol. Also gives me a reason to join the fun. :D Feel free to send me a PM with more info when you're ready. :D

Awesome, thanks so much, Caite! :D I'll be sure to let you know! n_n

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    My next Pokemon I am going with is......Hatterene....seeing as how with over 30 Pokemon and I still haven't managed to raise a single Psychic type up until now...lol.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    So I've been having a few ideas rolling around in my head and wanted to get your guys' opinions on them.

The first one: Type Changes
    Some Pokemon have multiple versions for example Vivillon. The issue is Vivillon is Bug/Flying no matter what its pattern is. So in this case I was going to change Vivillon to have a type change for every type. So the will all be Flying/Second Type. I'll be going through and fixing all that I think will need fixing.

The second one: Tag Team Raising
    This is something that came to me recently. How about raising a Pokemon with a partner? It would take maybe 400 posts all together 200 for Person A and 200 for Person B. The issue here is should it be allowed to do ALL as in Legendary which would still have to go along with the 10 Pokemon in between. You can Tag Team with everyone and not just stick with one person.

The thirdish one: Overall and Web Site
    So this one is more of an opinion more say. I keep wanting to add more stuff and ideas but I don't want it to be overwhelming. I've thought about redoing the site a bit but I'm trying to keep things organized and not just all over the place. Which is why I have moved this all to a site instead of a HUGE post(s) like it has been in the past.

Spoiler:

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I think the tag team idea is cute! I'd love to see it run as an event, even if it doesn't become a permanent fixture. Also the Vivillion type change is probably the smartest way to run it since there's just so many of them. Does that mean we can expect other forms will receive type changes too? Like Minior comes to mind.

Meadow

Years
  • In regards to type changes, I think it works out perfectly with Vivillon since there are 18 Pokémon types in total, and Vivillon happens to have exactly 18 forms to go along with it! I'm not too knowledgeable about other Pokémon forms though, so I'm afraid I might not have much to add when it comes to all the other species out there! ^^;

The tag team idea sounds great! I can see it running smoothly as either an event or possibly even an optional side-task that anyone can opt into at any time. The latter would mean people would either have to raise two VPPs at once (assuming they're in the middle of an on-going VPP), or they have to wait for a potential partner to finish their own VPP before both partners can start at the same time. Legendary Pokémon probably won't cause any issues if teams can only sign up for one if both partners meet the requirements. Regardless of which way this goes, it'll be interesting to see how tag teams will play out!! :D

Last, but not least, I really like the way the first post has been simplified! I think it would be helpful if you also mentioned all the various topics by header, and then linked those to specific pages on the website! This might not be the clearest example, but this is what I had in mind!

Legendary Pokémon
    Items

I think this would help remind everyone that these things exist in the first place, while still keeping the text condensed and organized! ^-^

Keep up the great work as always, Caite!! =)

Last edited:

Meadow

Years
  • You guys are awesome thanks for the feedback. I will be working on fixing up the first post to with links to make it look better and easier to find things.

As of right now everyone can get in on the fun of raising a Pokemon with a partner in Tag Team Raising

No problem; YOU'RE awesome!! :D

...Wait, wait, whoa! Tag Teams are already up that fast? (*o*) Oh my gosh, I can't wait to get started!! I have a partner in mind who I'll poke a bit later! 🥰 Will keep you posted! ^w^

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    No problem; YOU'RE awesome!! :D

...Wait, wait, whoa! Tag Teams are already up that fast? (*o*) Oh my gosh, I can't wait to get started!! I have a partner in mind who I'll poke a bit later! 🥰 Will keep you posted! ^w^

For me it's a matter of writing stuff down and then flushing it out. I usually do it on Google Drive so I can work on it whenever. I may think its a good idea in my head its a matter of what everyone else thinks because if no one is going to take part in it then there's no point in putting it out.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    Ooh I love all these ideas! The Vivillon idea is pretty genius too because it'll give people much more of an incentive to raise one!

This is awesome! Thank you Caite!

Wanna raise a Pokémon with me? :D

I'm already still working on Snivy though, but I'd love to! Unless you can raise tag team Pokemon alongside your regular VPP? :P

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Ooh I love all these ideas! The Vivillon idea is pretty genius too because it'll give people much more of an incentive to raise one!

I'm already still working on Snivy though, but I'd love to! Unless you can raise tag team Pokemon alongside your regular VPP? :P

You can raise tag team and your own at the same time.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024

Yup! :D Gimme a list of some Pokemon you wanna raise and I'll pick one out of those. Unless you've already got a favorite in mind! I'm good for anything, haha. n_n;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back