• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the Creepiest Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    Idk how it could be anyone but Hypno. He reminds me of Freaky Fred from Courage the Cowardly Dog

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Probably Malamar or Dracovish. Cites the beak and eyes for the latter. Points to the fish head (with fins) on a dragon body with chest spines for the latter.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    Probably Malamar or Dracovish. Cites the beak and eyes for the latter. Points to the fish head (with fins) on a dragon body with chest spines for the latter.

The creators must of been drunk when they made Dracovish

Years
  • The child abducting balloon will probably forever be creepiest to me.
    Though a good runner up would be the tree trunk inhabited by the spirit of a dead child.
    kinda makes me wonder if the two are related... like drifloon kidnaps children into the forest so they can become phantumps =o

This is more lore-creepy than appearance creepy.
    Appearance creepy would be mr. mime (the original one). Someone arrest that thing already 😂

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    The child abducting balloon will probably forever be creepiest to me.
    Though a good runner up would be the tree trunk inhabited by the spirit of a dead child.
    kinda makes me wonder if the two are related... like drifloon kidnaps children into the forest so they can become phantumps =o

This is more lore-creepy than appearance creepy.
    Appearance creepy would be mr. mime (the original one). Someone arrest that thing already 😂

Imagine running into a Hypno and Drifloon in a dark alley. Phantump, lore/Dex entry aside, is more badass than creepy to me and Mr. Mime is just a joke. Yes, mimes are the most terrifying thing in the world but Mr. Mime looks plain silly. Hypno and Drifloon to me are the creepiest Mon of them all.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Probably Shiinotic. Disturbing looking face, deceiving Grass-Fairy type that you'd expect something cute from, while the thing is anything but cute. It's called the "Illuminating" Pokémon, which might sound like a good thing but one of its Dex entries says that people following its lights never find their way home.

And Bewear, their hugs are said to have literally killed many trainers by shattering their bones.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    Probably Shiinotic. Disturbing looking face, deceiving Grass-Fairy type that you'd expect something cute from, while the thing is anything but cute. It's called the "Illuminating" Pokémon, which might sound like a good thing but one of its Dex entries says that people following its lights never find their way home.

And Bewear, their hugs are said to have literally killed many trainers by shattering their bones.

Shinnotic is definitely spooky. Bewear doesn't creep me out as much only because it looks like something I'd see on Steven Universe and Steven Universe couldn't even terrify me as a Michael Bay directed live action flick

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Elgyem.. it looks like it has Hydrocephalus and I just.. gives me the chills.

No offense to any irl people who does have water in the brain, but it's the body to head ratio that makes me uncomfortable.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I love dark and creepy things, so it's kinda hard for me to judge whether it's truly creepy, or if I just really like its design. Mega Banette is one that falls into the latter. Sure, the possessed doll of child who abandoned it turned voodoo and vengeful is pretty creepy, but I dunno if it falls under "Drifloon/Drifblim carrying children off to God-Knows-Where" levels. More like Lotso from Toy Story.

Houndoom is my favorite Pokemon, and I think its Dex entries can be pretty dang creepy. Gold/Stadium 2/LeafGreen/HeartGold all say, "If you are burned by the flames it shoots from its mouth, the pain will never go away.", and then Black & White (1 & 2)/Y refer to this as well with, "The flames it breathes when angry contain toxins. If they cause a burn, it will hurt forever.". That's honestly terrifying to think if you piss off a Houndoom, you'll be forever in pain across large swathes of your body. And then Mega Houndoom's Dex entry is crazy: "Its red claws and the tips of its tail are melting from high internal temperatures that are painful to Houndoom itself." I dunno if anyone else's Mega entry is that intense. Plus all the references to people and Pokemon being terrified of its "eerie howl". Ah, I do so love my Hell Hound 🖤

I find that the Litwick/Lampent/Chandelure line is like Hypno on crack. While Hypno only has one Dex entry of carrying away people who have good dreams, the Chandelure line hypnotizes people with its flames and sucks out their souls. Lampent makes several mentions of hanging around hospitals, waiting for the sickly to die. And Chandelure makes mention a few times of sucking out someone's soul, thus making their spirit wander the mortal plane for all eternity. Plus, these are just absolutely gorgeous Pokemon imo. Their purpley-blue flames are wondrously ominous. At least Litwick makes ONE mention of guiding lost children's spirits back to the spirit worl-- "This Pokémon takes lost children by the hand to guide them to the spirit world." ... Oh. Just... Living children. "The younger the life this Pokémon absorbs, the brighter and eerier the flame on its head burns." Okay, nvm.

An honorable mention is the Carvanha and Sharpedo line, simply because they tear apart ships and presumably eat the prey on board. Even if they just left people in the middle of the ocean, that alone is creepy enough. The open ocean is a terrifying place.

I have a hard time finding Pokemon creepy for certain ~*~a e t h e t i c s~*~. Mr. Mime and Hypno aren't particularly unsettling to me.

Years
  • dusclop's emerald dex entry said:
    It is thought that its body is hollow with only a spectral ball of fire burning inside. However, no one has been able to confirm this theory as fact.
    dusknoir's shield dex entry said:
    With the mouth on its belly, Dusknoir swallows its target whole. The soul is the only thing eaten— Dusknoir disgorges the body before departing.

... yeah im good, thanks.

Years
  • Frillish deserves a mention too imo:
    It envelops its prey in its veillike arms and draws it down to the deeps, five miles below the ocean's surface.

So, happy drowning! 🙃
    or else the water pressure will get you...

Also it even drags away other aquatic pokemon, as seen in New Snap, where you can find it dragging away Magikarp, Lanturn and Alomomola

Years
  • Hypno is the creepiest Pokemon out there. There is something about Hypno that makes me feel uncomfortable about it, more than any Pokemon.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    And then Mega Houndoom's Dex entry is crazy: "Its red claws and the tips of its tail are melting from high internal temperatures that are painful to Houndoom itself." I dunno if anyone else's Mega entry is that intense.
    idk if the intensity compares, but there's several other dex entries for mega evolved Pokemon like that where Mega Evolution warps/hurts their bodies and/or turns them into absolute savages.

Mega Evolution is kinda fucked up really

Emilia

~ free falling
    Years
  • Steelix always scared me a little... Litwick is pretty creepy too but it's also my favorite Pokémon :>

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    Hypno is the creepiest Pokemon out there. There is something about Hypno that makes me feel uncomfortable about it, more than any Pokemon.

He's terrifying. No other Mon comes close. I heard that Creepypasta song based on him the other day and it really spooked me out. Drifloon imo is the second creepiest Pokemon ever but the gap between Hypno and him is astronomical. Sometimes I wish Pokemon were real just so I can beat the s*it outta Bill Cosb- I mean Hypno.

Steelix always scared me a little... Litwick is pretty creepy too but it's also my favorite Pokémon :>

Steelix has a super creepy looking face

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2021
    Cubone is often seen as one of the cute and cuddly Pokemon. It is pretty creepy, though.
    Mimikyu comes with creepy unknown factors as well. It wears a disguise that resembles a Pikachu.
    Drifloon -This ghost balloon is especially creepy.
    Froslass is another Ghost-type Pokemon with horrifying personality details.

Back