• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Team Galactic

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • i think they're really stupid, a lot of shit they do doesn't align with their goals ie. holding up the damn honey guy. you could also make the argument that they don't know what they're standing for or trying to accomplish - and they don't, a few grunts allude to not knowing cyrus' grand plans. but that adds to the cult leader thing cyrus has going on i suppose which is. i guess the only interesting point about them. also i recently saw someone point out cyrus doesn't actually introduce himself to you until like your third or fourth encounter but you already know his name bc the dialog tag puts "cyrus:" in front of his text lmfaoo. kind of funny.

um yeah anyway idc about them. i just finished pearl recently but tbh i was not interested and didn't pay attention to them. i'm a bit Bored ig. i will give them credit though, cyrus doesn't fuck around he is like actually difficult to beat lol.

Years
  • The most unrealistic thing to me was being able to hire that many people willing to put on those uniforms. The pay must've been stratospheric if it meant having to look like that 24/7.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Personally, I'm more interested in their origins. Like, what are the real names of the commanders? What are their true identities and backstories, and what gave the whole team the ambition to recreate the universe?

If anyone has any ideas, feel free to share it. I'm personally really hoping the remakes explain all this.

Years
    • Seen today
    For some reason I had higher expectations. But they were a downgrade and one of the worst teams for me.

Team Rocket was a mafia type organization. Team Aqua and Magma were unintentionally doing an evil thing. Then Galactic was just destroy the world without much explanation. There were even a couple of grunts that joked about this in the pre battle dialogue.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • Even though I love Platinum I kinda have to admit Galactic wasn't one of the best teams the series has had, but I think they're really interesting and I've always still liked them. I think Galactic was the point where they started to give more interesting aspects to the villain characters, even if they didn't flesh things out fully. I think the commanders are at least somewhat interesting, because they've become real characters rather than just showing up once or twice to battle you by being area bosses. (I think HGSS really shows how that's kinda all Team Rocket was)

Spoilers for Platinum:
    Spoiler:

I think more than anything Team Galactic was a good idea that was never fully developed, offering the foundation of ideas for character growth in the rest of the series. I'd love to see things about them fully fleshed out now that the series proves they know how to do things like this and the characters aren't just... whatever.

Honestly, it's not common for the grunts of the team to know the whole master plan the leader of the team has, and Cyrus is totally the kind of character to just keep it to himself. I think the only time the grunts have known the big plan is when it's so simple and/or insignificant.

i guess the only interesting point about them. also i recently saw someone point out cyrus doesn't actually introduce himself to you until like your third or fourth encounter but you already know his name bc the dialog tag puts "cyrus:" in front of his text lmfaoo. kind of funny.
    This is totally a thing that only happens in Platinum, but you do overhear him say his name when you first meet him in Lake Verity, but since he's not aware you heard him at that point, it makes sense for him to introduce himself properly later.

But in DP? Yeah that's pretty funny.~

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2022
    This might be nostalgia talking. But I absolutely loved them. Even Cyrus has resin for what he does unlike what some people say. He's not evil just for evil. And I admit I am a sucker for syfi so there designs apile to me

Years
  • Team Galactic are on the more boring side to me. I love their space concept and the battle backgrounds are pretty cool, especially in BDSP, but I never cared much for them when playing DPPt. What I mostly got out of them as a kid was that Cyrus had a really creepy/zombie-looking face lol. Probably my least favorite villainous team, sadly. :<

Years
  • the space motif is cool, but i gotta agree with Sheep here in that they aren't very interesting. would've liked more depth to them tbh

Back