• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

About 800 Pokémon or a second region in a ROM hack?

• 800 Pokémon

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Second Region

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Hello, so I recently acquired this romhack and have been having a lot of fun with it until a bug occurred where I lost all my TMs and HMs! I made it all the way to Mauville with no issues until I noticed during the Wattson fight I had extremely large stacks of items (in the range of about 3500) and no TMs. I can also no longer purchase or otherwise regain any missing TMs or HMs. Has anyone else had this issue?

Below is a quick GIF I grabbed to demonstrate the issue.

368d7d60bc.gif

The battle tent causes this glitch to happen. You will need to start over to progress through the game. It sucks, but you need HMs to reach certain places...

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    100% sure. I watch wild Chansey use Bestow on my pokemon and it gave lucky punch to my pokemon(Lilligant) and I lost my held item after the battle. (at route 114)

Are you absolutely sure you had the Quick Claw at the start of the Chansey battle? I just tried to do what it seems like you are suggesting happened (target's item destroyed and replaced with user's item by Bestow), and it doesn't happen. Bestow only works if the user is holding an item AND the target has none, and always fails if either condition is false.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    For anyone struggling to find a decent team in this hack, this is mine that I use. The entire team has no more than two weaknesses to a single type and can all be obtained before the fourth badge:

1. Serperior (Snivy can be found in Petalburg Woods, 2% chance, before 1st badge ~Level 10)
    Ability - Contrary
    Held Item - Leftovers
    Final Moveset - Leaf Storm, Substitute, Dragon Pulse, Giga Drain

2. Kindgra (Horsea can be found fishing at Dewford Town w/ Old Rod, before 2nd badge ~Level 30)
    Ability - Swift Swim
    Held Item - Damp Rock
    Final Moveset - Rain Dance, Ice Beam or Flash Cannon, Brine, Surf

3. Electivire (Elekid can be found on Route 112, 15% chance, before 4th badge, ~Level 20)
    Ability - Vital Spirit
    Held Item - Rocky Helmet
    Final Moveset - Thunderpunch, Fire Punch, Earthquake, Volt Switch

4. Crobat (Zubat can be found in Granite Cave, 20% chance, before 2nd badge, ~Level 12)
    Ability - Inner Focus
    Held Item - None
    Final Moveset - Acrobatics, Poison Fang or Cross Poison, U-Turn, Heat Wave

5. Blaziken (Torchic is obtained as Starter or on Route 113, 2% chance, before 4th badge, ~Level varies)
    Ability - Blaze (Speed Boost as a Mega)
    Held Item - Blazikenite
    Final Moveset - Knock Off, Grow Punch or Low Sweep, Fire Punch, Swords Dance

6. Gardevoir (Ralts can be found on Route 102, 10% chance, before 1st badge ~Level 5)
    Ability - Trace (Useful for finding a Snivy with Contrary)
    Held Item - Big Root
    Final Moveset - Psychic, Calm Mind, Thunderbolt or Shadow Ball, Drain Kiss (Turn off Battle Scene)

What teams did you guys use?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Your patch works on neither of my Emerald roms. Needs work.

Yes, I clicked Ignore.

Since people have been having issues with compatible roms, I'd suggest searching for the pre patched rom. Google Theta emerald 2-27 gba and it should be on the first page. I used that link and haven't had any game breaking bugs besides the occasional double battle freeze.

Panda Face

Pokemon Ultra Snowy White
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    What! What is the name of the hack? And who is the creator?

But still I will wait for the release of the newer version of Pokemon Theta Emerald EX.
    It is Emerald 802, and the author allows people use that to be a rom base, but the language is Chinese. If you are good at Chinese and English, you can translate that Rom Base then let LC add the Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon in that hack, also, the cry of 387-802 is incorrect in that hack, let LC to correct it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2018
    Have the portraits for mega evolutions been fixed ? (such as mega sceptile in the screenshots)
    it really throws me off to see something like that, he's not facing the right side at all lol....
    its the only thing keeping me away from this game at the moment. good luck ! its an awesome hack!

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2023
    Is there any way to change vote? 800 Pokemon sounded great at first but after playing through the game I feel like the variety of pokemons you can catch and use is already ridiculous. And the game would benefit much more from a second region than another batch of 'mons.

Edit: May be a bit late but adding quality of life features for breeding and EVs/IVs could be a great addition too.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2017
    I have been playing the game catching legendaries and mega evolving.. the only thing im looking forward is the new sprite/s, such as an improved version of shiny mega kyogre, cuz I think It lacks good shadowing it's just missing something I guess. Overall, it is the only sprite I dislike and everything looks really fine.. wishing the best for the upcoming gen 7 pokes plus the missing formes especially my all time favorites hoopa unbound, black & white kyurem, zygard other forms. Thanks and goodluck!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2017
    For anyone struggling to find a decent team in this hack, this is mine that I use. The entire team has no more than two weaknesses to a single type and can all be obtained before the fourth badge:

1. Serperior (Snivy can be found in Petalburg Woods, 2% chance, before 1st badge ~Level 10)
    Ability - Contrary
    Held Item - Leftovers
    Final Moveset - Leaf Storm, Substitute, Dragon Pulse, Giga Drain

2. Kindgra (Horsea can be found fishing at Dewford Town w/ Old Rod, before 2nd badge ~Level 30)
    Ability - Swift Swim
    Held Item - Damp Rock
    Final Moveset - Rain Dance, Ice Beam or Flash Cannon, Brine, Surf

3. Electivire (Elekid can be found on Route 112, 15% chance, before 4th badge, ~Level 20)
    Ability - Vital Spirit
    Held Item - Rocky Helmet
    Final Moveset - Thunderpunch, Fire Punch, Earthquake, Volt Switch

4. Crobat (Zubat can be found in Granite Cave, 20% chance, before 2nd badge, ~Level 12)
    Ability - Inner Focus
    Held Item - None
    Final Moveset - Acrobatics, Poison Fang or Cross Poison, U-Turn, Heat Wave

5. Blaziken (Torchic is obtained as Starter or on Route 113, 2% chance, before 4th badge, ~Level varies)
    Ability - Blaze (Speed Boost as a Mega)
    Held Item - Blazikenite
    Final Moveset - Knock Off, Grow Punch or Low Sweep, Fire Punch, Swords Dance

6. Gardevoir (Ralts can be found on Route 102, 10% chance, before 1st badge ~Level 5)
    Ability - Trace (Useful for finding a Snivy with Contrary)
    Held Item - Big Root
    Final Moveset - Psychic, Calm Mind, Thunderbolt or Shadow Ball, Drain Kiss (Turn off Battle Scene)

What teams did you guys use?
    Nice team you got there, mine are all legendaries with mega evolutions plus the primal duo cuz they're the strongest.. I am currently using Mega Mewtwo X & Y (Naughty & Mild Nature), Mega Rayquaza (Mild), Primal Groudon (Naughty), Primal Kyogre (Mild), Mega Latios (Mild) Mega Latias (Calm), Mega Diancie (Mild) and Hoopa (Mild -waiting for Unbound)... all were EV trained and not to mention perfected IVs as well. My non-legendary team are Mega Tyranitar, Salamance, Garchomp, Metagross, Lucario, Gyarados and Charizard X & Y..

Panda Face

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    Nice team you got there, mine are all legendaries with mega evolutions plus the primal duo cuz they're the strongest.. I am currently using Mega Mewtwo X & Y (Naughty & Mild Nature), Mega Rayquaza (Mild), Primal Groudon (Naughty), Primal Kyogre (Mild), Mega Latios (Mild) Mega Latias (Calm), Mega Diancie (Mild) and Hoopa (Mild -waiting for Unbound)... all were EV trained and not to mention perfected IVs as well. My non-legendary team are Mega Tyranitar, Salamance, Garchomp, Metagross, Lucario, Gyarados and Charizard X & Y..
    Primal Groudon can learn Dig, Primal Kyogre can learn Dive, Mega Rayquaza can learn Fly.

Panda Face

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    I'm sure DizzyEgg might be able to give insight on how to lower the cap back to 100. He's the guy that made it possible to raise it. Maybe ask him?
    I think you cannot lower the cap back to 100 without the permission of LC, because it is not respect the author.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I think you cannot lower the cap back to 100 without the permission of LC, because it is not respect the author.

Considering LC used Dizzy's Level cap patch, anyone should have a right to lower it using the same patch. He said not to upload the modified version. So, if someone wants to make a change or two to it for themselves, and not upload it, that wouldn't be against the rule of the author, now would it?

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Considering LC used Dizzy's Level cap patch, anyone should have a right to lower it using the same patch. He said not to upload the modified version. So, if someone wants to make a change or two to it for themselves, and not upload it, that wouldn't be against the rule of the author, now would it?

I'm sure we all respect Game Freak, but we also violate their original content constantly, decrypting and decompiling their code as a base for our own hacks. Taking LC's application of DizzyEgg's patches and tweaking one number back to the canon value is basically nothing.

Hackode007

TQ Supremacy
    Years
  • This rom hack is very good. If you want proper mega evolutions or primal reversion and also want all pokemons upto 6th gen, I recommend that you should play this rom hack.

Back