• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pet owners, do you talk to your pets?

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I definitely talk to my lizard in a baby voice. Talking to her in a high pitch voice is pretty much the only way to get her attention anyway

that's so interesting bc i wouldn't have thought lizards/reptiles in general would have been interested in so much as turning their heads towards humans in this case lmao

Years
  • I tell my cat that there's nothing to run around the house like crazy, but when he doesn't understand with words, sneakers fly into him and he becomes very quiet, so I'm talking to a cat.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I talk to my cat constantly, usually to tell him he's being a sweet boy or a bad boy, or a good sweet terrible boy.

If I'm standing near a door to the outside or in the kitchen he'll talk to me too, but usually just to yell at me for not letting him outside or feeding him whatever human food I've just gotten for myself.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I don't have pets anymore but when I did, yes all the time! I used to talk to my guinea pigs about everything whilst I'd pet them. Mostly just things like how cute they are but I also remember 10 year old me trying in vain to teach my guinea pig what rollover meant. He just stared at me blankly. :( I also used to talk to my chickens a lot and they'd all crowd around me, it was really cute. Would come talk to them when I was feeling sad but didn't want to tell anyone else so those chickens definitely learnt a lot about me ahaha. But most of the time I'd just ask them if they were well, how their day was going etc.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I sure hope it's fairly normal to talk to your pets lmao. They are people too :) Well, I mean, not humans obviously but they are personalities and they listen to me and respond in their own way. They don't understand what I say, but we communicate in some primitive form d: I also just tease them and make fun of them and it's probably good they don't understand what I say then hehe.

Years
  • as if people don't speak to their pets in that specific voice that goes up three octaves higher than normal and unleashes every diminutive in their arsenal towards their pets.

Back