• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Metagross or Salmence?

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2021
    Who do you prefer more? I like both but I thing I prefer Metagross more simply because of its Meteor Mash move that worked really well with its high attack. It works really well to feel like it can O.K almost anything.

Years
  • Metagross! It's so cool. Salamence is also great but meta is just especially awesome and a favorite of mine from hoenn overall. it's Steven's poster mon also which is <3

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2020
    It's gotta be Salamence. Both are great, sure, but one lets you fly on a blue dragon while flexing on your friends.

pkmin3033

Salamence has the cooler base design, but Metagross has a significantly better Mega Evolution...Salamence's looks like the Rebel Alliance symbol from Star Wars. Metagross has a much cooler shiny colouring, too - Salamence is green, which is the absolute worst colour shiny Pokemon can be. But between the two I've always used Salamence more because it's slightly easier to come by a Bagon than it is a Beldum much of the time, and Beldum itself is generally useless and a pain in the backside to level.

So base aesthetics and usability it's Salamence, Mega Evo and shiny colouring it's definitely Metagross. Salamence wins if only because Mega Evos are a one-off gimmick and I never get shinies. xD

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Salamence and Metagross are both awesome, but I like Salamence more. It's a dragon, it has high Speed and Attack, its Special Attack is also good, and it gets Moxie as a hidden ability.

Also, look at this sprite:
    ani_bw_373.gif

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    Metagross cause it's mega evolution looks better than Salamence's in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    I prefer Salamence since it has access to Dragon dance which makes sweeping with it easier than Metagross.

Years
  • This, Steven is my favorite champion and one of my favorite characters, the mega and shinies both look great, and I had a lot of fun on community day walking around the lake racking up shiny Metagross.

Years
  • design-wise, I think Metagross looks better. typing-wise, metagorss is also better imo. even the mega, metagross looks better. stat-wise, I think salamence is a pseudo-legendary so its obviously better but Metagross is no scrub :p

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    I like both, but I prefer Metagross' design and concept. A robotic, living supercomputer comprised of its pre-evolutions? Sign me up! Its Steel/Psychic typing makes it stand out against Salamence in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2021
    Both are amazing to be fair and seem to be well received. I think Metagross' design is more unique but I'd still go for Salamence. Love the colour pallete and dex entries of its evolution line.

Back