• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst Type Combination?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • What do you think is the worst type combination?

Weakness wise, I'm going to have to go w/the Ice/Grass type. This type combinations has 7 weaknesses. I'm not surprised it hasn't gotten another Pokemon since we got the type combination. Bug/Psychic is also pretty bad, considering all the weaknesses, which is I think it hasn't been used yet.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Grass/Psychic. Also shares 7 weaknesses (one of them being 4x weakness to Bug, a.k.a. "better hope your opponents aren't smart enough to U-Turn you to death"). Poor Celebi...

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Bug/Grass to me. Has 6 weaknesses in Fire, Flying, Rock, Ice, Poison and Bug. Two of them happen to be x4 and if you're Paras/Parasect with Dry Skin... try x5 to Fire. That is the worst Type Combination(with Rock/Ground being honorable mention since x4 to Water and Grass does indeed suck). Having 7 x2 vulnerabilities does suck but I think having two x4(if not a x5 thanks to a darn ability) gives Bug/Grass the edge.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Rock/Ground. They tend to be reasonably bulky but most pokemon with this typing are also incredibly slow which works against them. Never mind the fact that they're weak against some of the most common types used in battle (4x weak to Grass and water, weak to fighting, etc.)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • normal/flying and ground/rock bc of how commonplace they are. plus their color coordinations are lame. white and other white, brown and other brown. idk it's not aesthetically pleasing to see the type bars on their summaries. lol

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    There are multiple contenders for this:

Grass/Psychic: This typing has 7 weaknesses, one of which is a 4x weakness to Bug, making them very vulnerable to U-Turn.
    Electric/Rock: A 4x weakness to Ground combined with a bunch of other common weaknesses (including Water, Fighting, and Grass) just knocks this type combination down.
    Grass/Ice: Another typing with 7 weaknesses, which includes a 4x weakness to Fire this time.
    Bug/Flying: It's hard for Pokemon with this typing to get use because of their many weaknesses, including a 4x weakness to Rock.
    Bug/Grass: This is a typing with 6 weaknesses, two of which (Fire and Flying) are 4x. The only positive thing this type combination has is that it is the only type combination with a double resistance to Ground.

Years
    • Seen today
    Rock/Ice: 6 weaknesses with 2 4x weaknesses to Fighting and Steel

Psychic/Dark: not too notable in terms of weaknesses (weak to fairy, 4x weak to bug), but it has only a single resistance (in this case, immunity): Psychic

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2022
    Anything that has a double weakness is bad in my book, unless that double weakness is that Pokemon's only weakness (ie; Scizor, Foretress, Durant, etc). Rock/Ground is kind of redundant - they're basically the same thing and give the Pokemon a double weakness to Water AND Grass. I also think the Normal type being tacked onto anything that started happening in Gen 5 with Deerling and then only got worse with Helioptile/Litleo/Stufful/Oranguru/Drampa/A. Ratatta is kind of pointless, but I don't think they necessary suck. I just don't see any literal reason why Litleo is Fire/Normal, but Ponyta is pure Fire. I think Normal/Flying is overkill too, but it's been happening since Gen I it's basically the norm at this point so it doesn't really bother me. Plus, it gives them Normal STAB, immunity to Ghost, and neutralizes Fighting attacks so it works out.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Rock and Ice, is probably the one that hurts me more to think about, no wonder that Aurorus fella got extinct.
    Bug and Grass is an ugly one too.

Last edited:

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I know this will be extremely controversial so replying back in a bad way will not be tolerated. It's not my problem that I have different thoughts from you.

Dragon/Electric. They cannot cover any weaknesses each other have, and that is pretty bad. Basically as long as that is the case then you can never be a good typing. It doesn't put anything cool or new to the table either. I don't know, I just think its a really bad typing.

Others include Grass/Ice, Grass/Psychic, Bug/Grass, Rock/Ground, etc...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Honestly, I have to say Rock/Ground is pretty terrible haha. It's nice because the types are really cool on their own and useful! But together, they're just super weak against many common things.

Back