• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Travel

Years
  • Travelling is my absolute favourite thing to do. I also love hearing about other people's travel experiences or ambitions.

In a top 5 (or 3, or 6, 10 or whatever you like!) where has been your favourite places to have travelled to and then in another top 5 where would you also love to go?

(I just tried to think of mine now and it was actually really hard, I need more time to think)

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I'm not a good traveller (as I get motion sick, dislike crowds and tend to run late), nor do I have much travel experience, but there's still this nagging desire to explore the world!

The furthest I've been is Broome. That was my first time flying as well! I expected the flight to be as awful as the bus; fortunately I was wrong, and it didn't particularly bother me. I hate airports though. x__x

As for future plans, I aim to be living in Japan by the time I'm 25, for a whole year. :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Places I have been to that I like? Adelaide is a really pretty city and I like it a lot.
    Places that I want to go I honestly hate travelling but I have good reason to want to go to the Philippines or Blackpool.

Years
  • I guess I was a little too ambitious with asking people for top 5 lists!

It's hard for me to choose my favourite place I've been to because different types of places offer different kinds of experiences. A little mini exploration around Venezuela last year was highly interesting. For a country that isn't really that big it has a surprising amount of regional variation. It would be a great country of choice for a Pokémon game actually thinking about it!

My top destination I've always wanted to visit is the Serengeti in Tanzania/Kenya and that will become a reality in the near future.

Last edited:

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • i don't even know if i have traveled to 5 places cause i can't drive and dont have the money (my parents usually are the ones taking us places)
    but i do like (in no particular order):
    toronto, canada
    kansas city
    new york (not nyc, only been there once and it was for a few hours)

and my top 5 places i wanna go in no particular order:
    brighton, england
    manchester
    london
    ireland (not sure which part yet)
    japan

johnsonraider

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2018
    Japan is a good country to travels and visit most of natural places.

First I would prefer things to do in new york, this is costly but if you are rich person So I suggest go in Nyc. I watched some videos that are good places.

If you have enough money so never forget to go to Asian countries like India, Shri Lanka, middle and poor family people can go and visit the natural places.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    I am not what you'd call a traveler at all. I really only like going places in good company.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've been (and lived) in Ontario and every province east save for Newfoundland
    Would like to see the west

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I've been quite lucky to have had the opportunity to travel through work, on my own, and with family. Have ticked off 9 countries so far! (Though eternally jealous of a guy I briefly dated who had been to 40 countries by the time he was 20...wtf hectic.)

Top five that I've been to would be:
    - Sri Lanka: which is where my parents were born and we have extended family there. Beautiful country and culture, though I've always felt a bit odd going there and not really fitting in due to growing up in Australia. Something that I'm still trying to reconcile, this internal conflict of cultures. But still a great place to visit, especially up north away from the cities.
    - The Philippines: gorgeous country and amazing people. Was in the Philippines for around 6 weeks and was continually blown away by people's hospitality and warmth. Heaps to see and do, and Filipino food is amazing honestly.
    - Cambodia: went there last year. Siem Reap is gorgeous with Angkor Wat and the ancient history there (plus 50c beers, yes please). PP has a lot of recent history as well which is eerie but so important to know to really understand the country and its culture, especially since the Khmer Rouge regime was so recent.
    - Poland: I didn't get to explore too much in Poland as I was there for work, but going to Auschwitz was harrowing, and something that I recommend everyone to do if they get the chance. Surreal. Great food and drinks in Poland as well, and quite cheap compared to western and northern Europe.
    - NZ: have only done part of the north island but very excited to do the south island eventually. I love the culture in NZ and how integrated Indigenous Maori culture is in the country, while also acknowledging there's more progress that needs to be made. Such a beautiful country as well, with a varied landscape.

Top five on my list to visit are:
    - Iceland, for the nature
    - Peru, mainly for Machu Picchu
    - Mexico, for the vibrance of its culture
    - Nepal, for the culture and nature
    - Bhutan, they're doing a lot of cool things in sustainability

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I've been to... I think... 8 countries that are not where I'm from (USA)? I would really like to go back to Europe, probably London area because I know a lot of people I would like to visit there!

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • My reasons for travelling are different from most, I think. Where others go for the people and the culture, all I want to do is see the plant and animal life. xD But you wouldn't catch me going to developing countries. Especially if there's a high crime rate. I hear all these horror stories and they definitely put me off. :( Of course, crime isn't limited to certain parts of the world, and there's always a risk, but some places are statistically more dangerous.

I just can't wait to see all the natural beauty this wonderful planet has to offer!

Years
  • - Cambodia: went there last year. Siem Reap is gorgeous with Angkor Wat

- Bhutan, they're doing a lot of cool things in sustainability

I assume you just mean Angkor is gorgeous (which it most definitely is!) as I'd say Siem Reap is probably the destination in which I've felt least like a person by the locals as apposed to a cash machine. Still for Angkor it's definitely worth it!

I'd also love to go to Bhutan but the visa is ridiculously expensive (although I get that it's so expensive to help control tourism). Still I won't say never! Also I'm not a royalist at all but their king seems like such a nice person.

Years
  • I've been on every island of Canary Islands and I love them. If I have to choose one, I would say Tenerife, where I've spent probably the most time (a month in total). I've also been to Malorca and Ibiza, which are also great places to spent vacation.

Another places that I enjoyed were London, Budapest and Vienna.

And where I would like to travel?
    Japan, Alaska, Canada, South Africa and to see Him?laya.

Back