• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scariest pokemon

icycatelf

Alex
Years
  • Electabuzz used to give me nightmares as a kid. I kind of like it now, but I still find its Neo Genesis card artwork very uncomfortable to look at...

Resolve

I have it
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 2, 2020
    For some fucking reason when I was a kid, Hypno.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've always found Carnivine super creepy looking.

Oh, and Spiritomb. Something about being compromised of 108 Spirits or w/e is disturbing to me. :x

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    None, they are cartoon monsters. Not even when I was younger did they scare me. At best the humanoid ones like Hypno, Jynx and Mr. Mime amused me, never scared me though.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • Swalot...It might not look scary, but being eaten alive is just, the most disturbing concept to me. D: For the same reason, Victreebel.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2019
    gengar for sure
    but also mimikyu and sandyghast is pretty twisted
    still p shook that golbat is basically a flying tick

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • I didn't find any of them to be actually scary until Trevanant. That haunted tree is really creepy. Its a shame because Phantump is adorable.
    Also I was turned off of Sableye when I realised that it has such a freaky smile that you don't see in the sprites.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Well visually I don't find Pokemon scary. Even taking the pokedex entries into account I'm a little on the fence in terms of scariness. (I mean it's scary for a kids game for sure but not so much for the horror genre as a whole)

Mega Garchomp probably fits the "I'd be terrified meeting that in a dark alley" bill though. Guzzlord probably fits it too, though it's a little more comical looking than Mega Garchomp.

Special mention goes to Parasect for having one of the more disturbing pokedex entries/lore.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Parasect. The pokemon is dead folks. When it evolved the shroom on its back is based on a fungus the infects ants. The Pokemon that once was Paras is nothing more than a vacant shell controlled by the growth on its back. The thing isn't medically alive, but your walking around with it and playing with and it was your training that probably killed it. Having a zombie for a Pokemon is creepy even though it doesn't look scary.
    http://masterball.net/2015/11/09/real-world-origins-of-pokemon-paras-parasect/

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Also I was turned off of Sableye when I realised that it has such a freaky smile that you don't see in the sprites.

Ha, I actually like Sableye best when it shows its creepy smile. It's why I like the Mega. ;)

The most disturbing Pok?mon have already been mentioned, but here's a few more:

Dusclops. If you saw a Dusclops observing you from outside your window, wouldn't you be scared? Not to mention, this hollow Pok?mon absorbs anything inside it, as if it were a black hole. The unlucky victims are never seen again.

Gorebyss is another eerie example. I bet you never expected this Pok?mon to do anything as dark as jab its pointed mouth into its victims, draining their body fluids until they're nothing but husks. That includes humans.

Phantump are said to be the spirits of lost children who perished in the woods. "Their cries sound like eerie screams". That's pretty disturbing, especially when you consider just how many Phantump are out there...

Yamask's Pok?dex entry states, "Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry." Trainers in the Pok?mon world are aware of this, yet that doesn't stop them from capturing these Ghost-types...

Years
    • Seen today
    If you read the dex entries, lots of them turn scary.

Gourgiest for example: "It enwraps its prey in its hairlike arms. It sings joyfully as it observes the suffering of its prey".

Years
  • I've never found any "real" pokemon particularly scary (though I've seen plenty of realistic-pokemon-interpretations that will haunt my nightmares), but for whatever reason, it's glitch pokemon like missingno that creep me right out. Can't quite put into words why, but I think it's kind of a ghost-in-the-machine thing. It wasn't purposefully created by the programmers, but it exists anyway.

Last edited:

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • I don't really find Pokémon that scary at all, the dex entries make them dark but they are never really that scary to me.

Back