• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone found a shiny yet?

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
  • Yes. I just found a Shiny male Hoppip. (Its green).

Shinys appearing is very helpful but unlike Legends Arceus they do not make a sound or sparkle when they appear. They do sparkle though when engaged in battle.

virtualpet

The Anomaly's Mewtwo
    Years
  • We just got a shiny Larvitar and noticed if you try to get your Pokemon to attack them in the overworld it doesn't work.

Which was how we noticed because we were trying to get our Pokemon to attack it before realizing "wait this thing looks a bit saturated", the entered the battle and sure enough lol

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Somehow stumbled upon and caught 2 of them today, which was surprising. Was a Toxel and a Lechonk.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I've also found 2 since playing. First was a mudbray and the second was a sneasel with them each being a day apart.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Sadly I have not. The last two generations for me haven't been good on shiny pokemon. In both Kalos and Alola, I found a shiny in my first play through, but still nothing thus far.

As for Shiny Hunting... not sure. I am sure there will be a few that I want, but with how common they have become it is becoming just a thing of the past for me. Used to love shiny hunting since I had so few, but now I've caught so many that it is not something I go out of my way to do anymore.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I have got two more Shinys. Another Hoppip and a female Orthworm. (It's a steely blue). My first Shiny Gen 9 Pokemon.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Found a Cufant and a Bramblin within minutes of each other. I was just running up the road and saw a horde of Cufant and one was obviously a different color. I got extremely lucky and decided to battle the random Bramble to see how much my Hippopotas' Crunch was going to do and it was shiny! Thankfully didn't feint either of them from attacking them both once, since I didn't have any status givers with me, it was dangerous.

I am wondering if the old Emerald trick is working, since I've been playing for at least 7 hours straight now without turning off my Switch LE.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • My very first shiny was a female Combee. I had just beaten the first gym and noticed a swarm of Combee on the town outskirts. One of them was a very obvious darker yellow...

I have caught three more since then, each one Pokemon that are very obviously shiny in the overworld (pink Fenizen, pink Oinkologne, and pink underbelly Dunsparce, which was very apparent as it gets startled and starts to jump when you get near it). Once I've completed the game and gotten the tools to maximise shiny hunting (Charm and food), I would really love to hunt for a shiny 'Iron Valiant'.

I agree with the general sentiment that overworld shinies has made it easier than ever to get shinies, even in spite of my relatively short play time in the game so far. Personally I don't mind, some trainers get WAY too elitist about their shinies, and while it's cool that they're rarer, they should still be able to be enjoyed by more casual players as well.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I found a shiny Rufflet during a mass outbreak. I was about to give up after beating so many. I spinned my camera around and saw that one was finally orange instead of blue. Huzzah!

Sucks that there is no jingle when a shiny spawns in the overworld. I spend a lot of time checking every Pokémon before moving onto the next area.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I finally started playing the game yesterday, but only for a short while. I played the game for much longer today with me friend here, Jiggykoopbob. During our playthrough, we did not fine any shiny Pokémon, which is 100% fine by me because I don't care too much for shiny hunting. In addition, the Pokémon that I do care to shiny hunt, such as Reshiram and Starmie, are not in the game anyways.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I just started playing today and found a shiny Lechonk in the first area it can appear.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • From what I understand, my Garganacl, Komala, Gyarados, and Mudbray were full-odds and I never actively searched for them. I got a Shiny Magneton from a mass outbreak too.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Just found a Banette shiny while trying to find an antique form Sinistea. Thankfully just bought a bunch of Quick Ball at the auction house, so I didn't have to worry about fainting it.

Years
  • When i say i came across five shinies recently without the shiny charm - yeah i basically came across some shinies without noticing,last one was a shiny heracross

Back