• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PCL] PCL Championships: Week 7

Sirfetch’d

This is going up a bit late for a few reasons. We were discussing skipping week 7 and going directly into the playoffs due to the lack of activity but right now there are 5 clans still alive for a playoff berth so it wouldn't have been fair to do so. This will be the final week to secure a playoff spot so good luck everyone! Make sure to give it your all.

This week features new matchups for everyone and new chances to earn points for all eight clans. Here is the usual rundown:

• Every clan is given an opposing clan to fight each week. This will continue for three more weeks until the midseason tournament. Click here for more info. There will be no delays or extensions.
    • All battles are to be done in the OU format on the PC Battle Server. (If both players agree to play a different tier, they are allowed to do so, but it must be mutually agreed upon and it must be an official Smogon tier.)
    • All matches are best of one. You only have to do one battle for each week.
    • Post the battle replay of your match in this thread.
    • Please schedule the match with your opponent via profile/visitor messages as soon as possible, then post the updates regarding your match in this thread. Inactivity or ignoring your opponent's messages may result in your opponent being given the win.
    • Read this thread for the full scheduling procedure. If you fail to follow the procedure, you won't be getting an activity win.
    • Note the points system, found here. The critical point is that the accumulation of wins, rather than a W:L ratio, is how PCL will be scored. Failure to do your match will hurt your clan's chances to make the playoff.
    • Clan leaders can sub players by hiring mercenaries (more information on mercenaries can be found here) if need be.

As always, you can ask your clan for battling and team building advice in its thread. You could regularly visit the battle server and ask for help there, especially if one of your clan mates are online. Check out PC's Battling & Team Building Resources, as well as the Team-Building Workshop.

The Match-Ups

Find your opponent's profile, which is linked in the Clan Directory. The send them a visitor message to schedule the time. This is the preferred medium for contacting.

Alternatively, copy this link: http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?username=wolf. Then replace "wolf" with your opponent's username. Now you can contact them to schedule a time for your match!

The deadline is Thursday, July 23rd at 11:59 PM EST. As said before this is the final week to secure a playoff spot and with 5 teams still alive, this week is more important than ever to get your matches done. As usual we will not be giving any extensions. The top 3 clans after this week will advance to the playoffs that will begin at some point next weekend.

jfFywkW.png
    vs.
    491.png

Ghosts of Perdition vs. Black Magic
    Anti vs. Hanaaa
    2Fruit vs. eros
    Astraea vs. Anrin Das
    Dedenne1 vs. Lycanthropy
    Nolafus vs. Nah
    static vs. AmourPearlShipper

aeYUdmU.png
    vs.
    oHAUdyL.png

Team Orb vs. Divine Libra
    Chase vs. Exile
    Christos vs. halcyonic
    oocyst vs. Rabinov
    R.F. vs. BidoofFTW
    Salvation vs. Gleamy
    THE Sandwich vs. ShinySquirtleSquad

9ED6qQ4.png
    vs.
    wzjeCLA.png

The Draconian Empire vs. Majestic Milotic
    punkysaur vs. JatinGupta
    Candy vs. gio7sm
    Chocolate™ vs. rob_thijs
    Jocund vs. Yoshikko
    Sonata vs. Tapioca
    Void. vs. Dragon

y9I3S7k.png
    vs.
    tIvbCA0.png

The Royal Pain vs. The Hounds
    apocalypseArisen vs. Sanguine
    Archy vs. wolf
    Emboar vs. Altairis
    Nakuzami vs. Nakasu
    Peitharchia vs. Charizard_Man
    Seth Rollins vs. Lost Heart

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    VM'd Nolafus.

.....um, one thing though? What exactly is the deal with Anrin Das? Is he dropping or not or what's going on?

Sirfetch’d

.....um, one thing though? What exactly is the deal with Anrin Das? Is he dropping or not or what's going on?

Yeah he unfortunately dropped out but we have no replacements. Feel free to hire a mercenary in his place though.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • so i wanted to post with points information since this is the last week. first off, if someone would triple check this for me, that'd be great, but i think the numbers are accurate. but yeah, here are the standings:

The Draconian Empire - 35 points
    Team Orb - 29 points
    Ghosts of Perdition - 28 points
    ----------------------------
    Black Magic - 27 points
    Majestic Milotic - 20 points
    The Royal Pain - 17 points
    Divine Libra - 14 points
    The Hounds - 10 points

so, here are some scenarios. to lock up the top seed and a guaranteed spot in the championship finals, the draconian empire needs 3 wins. 2 wins will guarantee them at least a tie with team orb. barring a huge surge from majestic milotic or a very poor showing by team orb, the final spot in the playoff will be decided by the black magic v ghosts of perdition clan war. the astraea v anrin das matchup is going to be a draw (activity losses - both are inactive), so whoever hits 3 wins will likely eliminate the other.

as for procedure on tiebreaks, we'll cross that bridge if we get there, but it would almost certainly involve a sudden death battle or series of battles (series being with multiple players).

lastly, unrelated, but my opp supposedly dropped out of pcl so i guess i'll request a win? lol. i'm trying to catch him on the server to double check though, even though i'd prefer a merc for this week if possible if he can/wants to battle.

Reactions: Nah
    Back