• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film The worst films you've ever seen?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Check off what some of the stupidest or just unbearable films you've ever seen are, and why.

For me, this was one our entire class watched in around 7th grade, and it was mind blowing to me, even then, with how utterly stupid it was.

The name alone is perfect for understanding:

"Amazing Grace & Chuck"

And check out this synopsis from wikipedia. You thought the title alone was stupid? Guess again:

Chuck Murdock (Joshua Zuehlke), a 12-year-old boy from Montana and the son of a military jet pilot, becomes anxious after seeing a Minuteman missile on a school field trip, which is intensified by a nightmare of a fork dropping after being told that the speed and effectivess would be done "before a dropped fork hits the floor". Chuck protests the existence of nuclear weapons by refusing to play baseball, which results in the forfeit of a Little League game by his team.

"Amazing Grace" Smith, a fictional Boston Celtics player (played by NBA star Alex English), catches a blurb about the story in his newspaper and decides to emulate Chuck, saying he will no longer participate in professional basketball unless there are no more nuclear weapons. This gives it nationwide coverage, inspiring more pro athletes to join the protest against nuclear weapons. Smith then moves to Montana to meet with Chuck and buys an old barn, which he and the other athletes renovate into their residence. Smith's agent, Lynn (Jamie Lee Curtis) is unsure about what he hopes to accomplish but decides to support him and Chuck.

The film reaches a climax when the President of the United States (Gregory Peck) personally meets with Chuck, admiring his resolve but at the same time explaining the practical difficulties of disarmament.​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
"Kidnap" was the worst I've seen in recent memory.

It was entertaining, but not a good movie. Her child gets kidnapped in the park, so she goes on a long car chase, finds out it's a ring of child kidnappers, murders them all, and kills like 10 innocent civilians in the car chases. She saves her kid, and the movie just ends. I would have at least liked to see if she faced consequences for everyone she ran over. Halle Berry did good in her role as the crazy mother, but that was the only redeeming part.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I don't have much memory of watching awful films because I probably forgot the ones I've seen and I go out of my way to avoid wasting time from watching many bad films.

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice is the worst film I've seen in recent memory, about two years ago. It was just a big mess up of two of DC's most iconic characters. After that movie, I've given up on any chances of seeing a well crafted DC cinematic universe.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice is the worst film I've seen in recent memory, about two years ago. It was just a big mess up of two of DC's most iconic characters. After that movie, I've given up on any chances of seeing a well crafted DC cinematic universe.

I'm on the same boat here; it's such a shame.

Years
Every superhero movie in existence (other than Thor), Star Wars was also awful. (Not a big fan of anything action or space related). 47 Meters Down probably takes the cake, though. I already dislike horror as it is, but this movie was a disaster. The ending was terrible, and the plot was very lackluster. I was forced to watch it with my friend, and needless to say, we both despised it.

Last edited:

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
There are only 2 movies I truly despise. And this is comming from someone who doesn't tend to hate movies. I've even seen some hated movies and dare I say, even those ones are better. Now let's take out the trash. Literally.

Fantastic Four (2015) Why? What is the purpose of this? To show that not every superhero movie needs to be full of action/witty lines/interesting scenes? Maybe, but whatever the moral of this was, it was executed poorly. I think it should be renamed 'What happened before the Fantastic Four became the Fantastic Four' because that is what the film is mostly about. No seriously the real action is only...the final boss. And all the action scenes altogether amount to like 30 minutes or less. The rest is basically 'create this machine and go inside'. Seriously either make the film longer or shorten the make the machine thing. Heck now that I think of it, maybe the machine making deal was truly the main plot, I dunno. Oh and then they go into the machine, get exposed to the meteors that give them powers, drama, more drama, then boom, they have powers and are totally fine with it. What? Why? So basically, this movie isn't just bad but it also refuses to have a decent plot, doesn't make a lick of sense and insists on having most of the film be based around filler. So overall, nope, not worth my time.

X-Men: Apocalypse I hate this movie. Don't know why, but I can't stand it. FF2015 is worse as a movie but this one is equal to it because it was the first movie, no, first THING in general that offended me. You might think I'm overreacting but I'm not! After watching this, I felt angry/depressed for 2 weeks because of how bad it was. I mean it could have been amazing. It had an amazing prequel (X-Men Days of Future Past) and it was the next superhero movie after another amazing superhero movie (Captain America: Civil War) and with both of that in mind as well as the trailer, I was expecting this to be the most exciting thing since sliced bread. It was not. Had 5 times amount of cliches as FF2015 had problems, it tried way too hard to be edgy and dark, and it was chock full of cliches. Yes I had to say that twice. Bad guy becomes good guy last minute, the fast dude saved everyone from an explosion just in time and tried to be 'awesome' (I personally didn't enjoy that scense the slightest, as cool as it sounds. If they made everyone there die from the explosion the I wouldn't be hating on this film so much), and destroying famous monuments. Because every modern action movie has that, and while it is normally acceptable, it felt shoehorned in this mess.

Sorry if I got a bunch of facts wrong about these 2 movies, I'm too angry at both of them to process my mind correctly. Sorry if you liked these movies, if you did, that is cool. But personally, I thought they were both awful.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I have pretty low standards and I can appreciate even really crappy films if they don't take themselves too seriously and/or it's fun to make fun of its flaws (eg. I "enjoy" Twilight in this sense). Mean Girls 2 was legitimately just awful though, with absolutely no redeeming qualities. I didn't expect it to live up to the original at all but it was the most boring, unfunny film that managed to suck every bit of life out of its spiritual predecessor.

Years
Well assuming we're not talking about a student film, Ed Wood movie or Manos, but a film that was actually made by a film studio with legit actors and part of a franchise, then there's nothing worse than Highlander II.

Its one of the most incoherent films ever made, and completely destroyed the canon of the franchise. The Star Wars prequels, Matrix 3, many of the movies others have listed also would win golden globes, Oscars , the palm d'or and silver bears next to Highlander II.

When Highlander II went overbudget the insurance company took control of the film away from directors and producers and tried to finish it as quickly and cheaply as possible, not being movie makers you can imagine how that went...

This movie is so insane that it does things like take a character who was as dead as a door nail in the original film Ramirez who suffered a dramatic decapitation, and have him pop back into existence out of nowhere, dancing across a theater stage reciting Shakespeare!

The first Highlander film had more of a mystical undertone. It follows the adventures of Connor McLeod, a 17th century Scottish warlord who realizes he has the gift of immortality and is cursed to outlive those he cares for, and spend his lifetime wandering the earth as others like him stalk him and seek to take his gift for themselves.

However, the sequel just discards this story and turns Connor into a secret alien from outter space! This is really the friggin plot of the story. It begins with him an old man living in a dystopian future battling assassins from a made up planet called Zeist, this is like Santa Claus Conquers the Martians level bad.

It was so bad that the actor who played Connor Christopher Lambert did not want to be in this movie but they threatened to sue him if he didn't comply. The poor man was pretty much held at gunpoint to make this movie, every one who could bail on this did from the actors to the music department. You can try to find something worse, but I don't you can...unless it's just something you made in your garage with a camera, and you might still be better. Some of the worst razzie winning films and mst3k episodes are infinitely better than Highlander II. I like bad movies and usually when I see someone say this is worst movie ever I check it out. Usually I say, it's one of the worst but still not quite the worst. When I saw this a couple of years ago I conceded and said yeah, this probably is the worst.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Well assuming we're not talking about a student film, Ed Wood movie or Manos, but a film that was actually made by a film studio with legit actors and part of a franchise, then there's nothing worse than Highlander II.

Its one of the most incoherent films ever made, and completely destroyed the canon of the franchise. The Star Wars prequels, Matrix 3, many of the movies others have listed also would win golden globes, Oscars , the palm d'or and silver bears next to Highlander II.

When Highlander II went overbudget the insurance company took control of the film away from directors and producers and tried to finish it as quickly and cheaply as possible, not being movie makers you can imagine how that went...

This movie is so insane that it does things like take a character who was as dead as a door nail in the original film Ramirez who suffered a dramatic decapitation, and have him pop back into existence out of nowhere, dancing across a theater stage reciting Shakespeare!

The first Highlander film had more of a mystical undertone. It follows the adventures of Connor McLeod, a 17th century Scottish warlord who realizes he has the gift of immortality and is cursed to outlive those he cares for, and spend his lifetime wandering the earth as others like him stalk him and seek to take his gift for themselves.

However, the sequel just discards this story and turns Connor into a secret alien from outter space! This is really the friggin plot of the story. It begins with him an old man living in a dystopian future battling assassins from a made up planet called Zeist, this is like Santa Claus Conquers the Martians level bad.

It was so bad that the actor who played Connor Christopher Lambert did not want to be in this movie but they threatened to sue him if he didn't comply. The poor man was pretty much held at gunpoint to make this movie, every one who could bail on this did from the actors to the music department. You can try to find something worse, but I don't you can...unless it's just something you made in your garage with a camera, and you might still be better. Some of the worst razzie winning films and mst3k episodes are infinitely better than Highlander II. I like bad movies and usually when I see someone say this is worst movie ever I check it out. Usually I say, it's one of the worst but still not quite the worst. When I saw this a couple of years ago I conceded and said yeah, this probably is the worst.

Something like Manos does count too. If it's called 'a movie', it counts.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
There are only 2 movies I truly despise. And this is comming from someone who doesn't tend to hate movies. I've even seen some hated movies and dare I say, even those ones are better. Now let's take out the trash. Literally.

Fantastic Four (2015) Why? What is the purpose of this? To show that not every superhero movie needs to be full of action/witty lines/interesting scenes? Maybe, but whatever the moral of this was, it was executed poorly. I think it should be renamed 'What happened before the Fantastic Four became the Fantastic Four' because that is what the film is mostly about. No seriously the real action is only...the final boss. And all the action scenes altogether amount to like 30 minutes or less. The rest is basically 'create this machine and go inside'. Seriously either make the film longer or shorten the make the machine thing. Heck now that I think of it, maybe the machine making deal was truly the main plot, I dunno. Oh and then they go into the machine, get exposed to the meteors that give them powers, drama, more drama, then boom, they have powers and are totally fine with it. What? Why? So basically, this movie isn't just bad but it also refuses to have a decent plot, doesn't make a lick of sense and insists on having most of the film be based around filler. So overall, nope, not worth my time.

X-Men: Apocalypse I hate this movie. Don't know why, but I can't stand it. FF2015 is worse as a movie but this one is equal to it because it was the first movie, no, first THING in general that offended me. You might think I'm overreacting but I'm not! After watching this, I felt angry/depressed for 2 weeks because of how bad it was. I mean it could have been amazing. It had an amazing prequel (X-Men Days of Future Past) and it was the next superhero movie after another amazing superhero movie (Captain America: Civil War) and with both of that in mind as well as the trailer, I was expecting this to be the most exciting thing since sliced bread. It was not. Had 5 times amount of cliches as FF2015 had problems, it tried way too hard to be edgy and dark, and it was chock full of cliches. Yes I had to say that twice. Bad guy becomes good guy last minute, the fast dude saved everyone from an explosion just in time and tried to be 'awesome' (I personally didn't enjoy that scense the slightest, as cool as it sounds. If they made everyone there die from the explosion the I wouldn't be hating on this film so much), and destroying famous monuments. Because every modern action movie has that, and while it is normally acceptable, it felt shoehorned in this mess.

Sorry if I got a bunch of facts wrong about these 2 movies, I'm too angry at both of them to process my mind correctly. Sorry if you liked these movies, if you did, that is cool. But personally, I thought they were both awful.

The purpose of FF 2015 was for Sony to keep its rights to FF by dishing out a crappy movie every once in a while and making some extra money off of that regardless of the quality. That's why most Sony superhero films suck (except for the Raimi trilogy of course) because it's just mostly greed behind the movie. I like the Fantastic Four characters and wish they would get a proper film.

Last edited:

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
Krampus: The Christmas Devil.

"Jeremy, a local police officer leads a life of a confusing past, spending his current time searching for his kidnapper as a child. After other children begin missing, Jeremy pieces together the truth and realizes that his childhood kidnapper could be a creature of ancient yuletide lore, Krampus, who is the brother of St. Nick, and punisher of children who perform acts of unspeakable evil without repercussion. Can Jeremy kill Krampus and prevent more missing children?"

The cuts were bad, audio sounded like they were using a $20 lav mic they picked up from amazon, sound effects sounded like stock audio to me, the pacing in the story was terrible (Didn't even show the main villain until the last 5 minutes of the movie), VFX were awful and they didn't even bother to try to do any sort of color grading which just made it look like a home movie. From what I read it sounded like the dude had a pretty decent budget to work with too.

Resolve

I have it
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 2, 2020
The Last Airbender (in 3D) can't say much that nobody else has said about that abomination expect that it sucked hard and was a huge disappointment, even me as a 9 year old (who couldn't tell if a movie was bad) when I saw it in theaters knew that it was a steaming pile of shit

I've seen that as well; I can't really think of a worse movie from all those I've watched.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Worst Film you have Seen?

Just out of curiosity, what was the worst film that you've seen ranging from eye-bleeding cinetogrophy to disjointed plots. For me, it would have to be I'm Not Ashamed or God's Not Dead 2 (No offense to Christian members).

In the case of I'm Not Ashamed, it had the potential to be a decent film regarding the tragic events of Columbine and of Rachael Scott, but I have several complaints about how Prueflix handled it. For one, it depicts Scott as a martyr who had died for her beliefs instead of a girl who tragically lost her life for no reason. Another problem I have with the film is the inaccuracy with the conversation at the end. Like many others, I did not feel that the conversation was accurate to what really happened. My final is with their attempt to indoctrinate the viewer. Using a tragic event such as this to promote a religious agenda is sickening beyond belief.

As for God's Not Dead 2, instead of continuing on with the presets created by the first film, it moves on to a new set of characters who did not play a vital role in the first film. Likewise, the film is upfront with it's religious views along with it's nonsensical agruements regarding faith in public education.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 17, 2021
I have two categories for worst movies ever. The first is The Room category. A dreadful pile of crap but very entertaining. The other I call The Aztec Mummy Against the Humanoid Robot category. A film so boring and stupid it makes you sick to your stomach and has no entertaining value whatsoever.

The Room Category
Mr. Jingles
Suburban Sasquatch
Ax'em

Aztec Mummy category
The Beast of Yucca Flats
Blood Shack

Last edited:
Back