• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Victory Road?

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
  • Before Sword and Shield, every core series Pokémon game had its own version of Victory Road. The main role of Victory Road was always the same, in that it was the final dungeon for the player to surpass before being able to battle the Elite 4/Champion. Each Victory Road is different in terms of what wild Pokémon appear, what Trainers appear (if any) and what HMs are required to clear the dungeon.

Which Victory Road was your favourite? Mine was probably HGSS' Victory Road due to you only needing one HM to pass the dungeon and being able to catch Pokémon like Rhyhorn and Ursaring, and also because the TM for Earthquake is available in this Victory Road.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    Gotta say the one in Pokémon Red, just because it kicked my ass harder than anything in any Pokemon game, and then the one in Gen 2 for curing me of my victory road phobia :P

Commander Saturn

Information Broker
    Years
  • Pokemon R/B/Y is by far the most difficult and most memorable for me; stumbling upon that legendary bird was just incredible for me as a young lad, and still is to this day.

Years
  • I hate every single one of them. I think it's was overused as cave past Gen III and Gen IV could implement it differently. But if I had to choose, I would pick Kalos one, since it's the first one that isn't just a cave.

StellaTheTuff

internet?
    Years
  • Wait, people like victory road?

Joking aside, I think Emerald or Platinum. They're the ones i remember the most at least.

Years
  • B2W2's victory road is great, I like how it integrates the ruins of N's castle from the previous game. Also like that there's different biomes like there's a forest, cave, and mountain areas.

Years
    • Seen today
    Re-answering this after another playthrough of Emerald, and my answer is now hoenn.

It has a great boss fight with Wally, especially in ORAS. In Emerald there's a really cool and challenging fight at the end with trainers who skill swap Slaking. In general it's a great final maze dungeon.

Years
  • yep, hoenn's victory road has a "this is the final challenge of your journey" feel to it. unova's is great too though.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Hmm.. I don't remember it that well because I've only finished those games once, but I think BW2's probably had the most unique design and not just a cave. I also like Hoenn's, mostly just because of the awesome Wally battle.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I would say Sinnoh's! I really enjoy the theme and this Victory Road didn't give me too much trouble!

It sounds like it could be the music for a dungeon in PMD!

I'd say the worst was the victory road in BW2! I recall getting hopelessly lost and having to consult YouTube in order to make my way through.

Years
  • Hardest to get through - Emerald | albeit I was 12 lol but the areas needing Flash straight up sucked
    Best Music - DPPt | personal bias for my fave games
    Best Aesthetic - B2W2 | second best music as well; I love that GF went all out with the layout and designs as a final hoorah for the DS.

Years
  • In the Johto games cause there's no trainers

For real though, I'd probably say Kanto and Hoenn's are defnitely most memorable for me, they were a real challenge as a kid and felt like a proper end to the journey you've been on throughout the region. The Victory Road in RBY was pretty special as well, it was pretty tough and finding Moltres was a pretty amazing feeling!

SawkTheWarrior

SW-7387-7525-9201
    Years
  • R/b/y for sure. At first i didn't even know what HM 04 Was, nor how to get it! But after asking the folks at Bulbapedia, i knew where it was :)

Back