• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite phone?

Years
So guys, what's the most favorite phone y'all have ever owned? Is it the current, trendy phone that you own now, or maybe a previous phone you once had? How about the manufacturer?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
My favorite phone was my RAZR back in like 2006-2007. I had the red one. I really miss flip phones because you could hang up on someone real quick like CLAT. However, I do really love my s8+ that I just got last month after having some crappy lg phone for 5 years.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Blue-colored Nokia 3100 was one of my favorites, being my first phone that I ever got. Back then it didn't have any fancy stuffs except of the fact that the screen has colors (compared to several monochrome phones in its day), the phone vibrates following the MIDI tune (in which I listens to over and over again that time), and that its cover can glow in the dark. At times I miss the phones that have this kind of design...

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I absolutely loved the Blackberry Bold 9900 and the Blackberry Tour. I was so sad when I had to give them up. I kept them for years.

Years
My favorite phone was my RAZR back in like 2006-2007. I had the red one. I really miss flip phones because you could hang up on someone real quick like CLAT. However, I do really love my s8+ that I just got last month after having some crappy lg phone for 5 years.
The RAZR is what got me through the end of middle school and all of high school (because my mother refused to get me a smartphone until I convinced her enough it was time for one, and that was in 2013 after I graduated).

I had the red model, which IMO is the best color a device could have, especially with the material that it was made out of.

Years
Probably the black Samsung Galaxy s5. I remember it being the phone I always wanted when it launched...although I didn't get one until last year haha. It works pretty well right now, and I like that it still has a removable battery, unlike newer Galaxies.

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
Years
Probably my noxia 7250, simply because I got it for free and it does everything I need. I liked my nexus 5 but, prefer the noxia because it's just simple and does everything I need. It looks stupid though.

Last edited:

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
I don't really know, I could say that my favorite phone is the one I currently have (LG G4) because it's the best that I've ever had but I also had an LG Cookie. That phone holds a special place in my heart for the fact that it got me through middle school, it was one of the first touchscreen phones and it was a gift from my grandfather who's not among us anymore, unfortunately.
It was not fast, it didn't have a huge internal memory, but the pictures it took were pretty good for the time, the battery lasted a full 2,5/3 days, and it was sturdy: I dropped it so many times and it never showed any signs of damage. I also installed a mod that replaces the original launcher with an iPhone themed one. I still have it, but the SIM card slot doesn't work anymore. :( RIP.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
Years
I loved my Nexus 5x when I had it for a while. Everything about it was great - the finger print sensor positoning, the screen size and the many custom roms available. Unfortunately it died randomly after a few months.

My current phone - the Mi 5 is pretty good. couldn't get the colour I wanted but nevertheless it's a good phone. IT has a decent dev community so I can flash custom roms again. Perfect screen size thats comfortable to use one handed.

Last edited:
Years
My current iPhone 7! It's sleek and I love it/the OS a lot. Liked the iPhone 5S I used to have also since it felt comfortable in my hands and was just a gorgeous phone in general, but something happened to my battery after a while that made it drain within an hour or two from 100% > 0%. ):

Years
The early 00s were a lawless time.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 26, 2017
So guys, what's the most favorite phone y'all have ever owned? Is it the current, trendy phone that you own now, or maybe a previous phone you once had? How about the manufacturer?

The phone which gave me a completely different experience altogether was when i got my first android. I got the Samsung Galaxy S. The screen was the smoothest i had used and android just killed it with that. No wonder Samsung has a series launched after that. It was way ahead o its competitors like Nokia N8. Moreover, the screen was ginormous for that time. Coming to think of it, it was only 4 inch.

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
I have only had two (Nexus 6P and Galaxy S8+).

I'm conflicted because I like both. One important thing for me is the camera, and both have really good cameras. The 6P's HDR+ made some really beautiful photos in some cases, and the HDR on the S8+ is not so good, but I can take RAW photos which are fun to develop using the stock camera, which my 6P did not do.

The fingerprint sensor is definitely much more comfortable in the 6P. With the S8+, my hands are tiny, and when I reach it I end up smudging my camera all the time, which I hate. I have set up the eye recognition, but I just don't use it, I forget it's there, and am more used to the fingerprint sensor.

The S8+ has a more beautiful screen but it gets in the way when you are trying to type. I find myself typing letters that are to the edges of the screen accidentally all the time. This wasn't an issue on the 6P at all.

So... yup, I'm conflicted ^-^ haha. I think the S8+ has more interesting features and vendor apps than the 6P (the stock text recognition thing app has helped me tons), but sometimes, I wish my 6P didn't die on me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
My iPhone 4. Perfect size, best design and shape, just overall the best phone! Except that it broke lmao.

If I could get an iPhone 4 today but with the innards of an iPhone 8, that would be absolutely perfect. I have an iPhone SE for private now and an iPhone 5 for work - any later models are way too big for my tiny hands and pockets.... ):

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I had a windows phone my freshman year of high school that I loved to death. Eventually it got to the point that it would overheat after a few minutes of use so I had to get rid of it. Now I've got a s7 edge and it's pretty good too, but chrome crashes on load a lot for no apparent reason.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I know Chrome doesn't like PC's homepage on mobile and I've had Chrome crash a fair amount. I really wish I could try figuring it out but I can't seem to get it to crash consistently, and I have a regular S7 so it should be nearly identical to your case.

sounds about right. its about 50/50 for me, but sometimes it works better if i close the tab and reopen it.

Years
I had a windows phone my freshman year of high school that I loved to death. Eventually it got to the point that it would overheat after a few minutes of use so I had to get rid of it. Now I've got a s7 edge and it's pretty good too, but chrome crashes on load a lot for no apparent reason.
My first smartphone was a Windows Phone as well, and I couldn't have been more excited to have a device in the palm of my hand that I could use the internet with when I got it. Unfortunately, I outgrew it quickly because it was lacking on the apps, but it's definitely a great way to be introduced to smartphones if you're on a budget and can't afford an Android phone.

Back