• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you have anything planned for Father's Day?

Years
    • Seen today
    This year is going by at a very quick pace, and Father's Day is celebrated 8 days from now.

Are there any ways you plan to spend or celebrate that day?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Nah. My dad and I rarely talk these days, through no fault of his own. He lives his own life and I live mine and that's usually how it is, so we rarely talk because of that. All I hope for is that he's doing well.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Probably give me call or something and tell my Happy Father's Day and such like that. He lives all the way across the country and unfortunately with my job I can't go visi him or anything so a call would have to do. Maybeeee send him a gift if I can figure something out that he would like? Maybe even ask him 'hey is there something you like i can get you' bc i don't know what he has these days.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    when it happens in september this year, nope! not shit worth remembering, much less honouring, about the man

Saphron

Suit Dragon
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2023
    My birthday is at about the same time so he's like "don't worry about Father's Day" so probably not.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i'll probably call him, i can't really afford to go out to see him and since my mom's birthday is coming up and she's way more particular about me seeing her since i moved, i can't afford two trips back home in a month.

also i just want y'all to know my dad is strange man. he brought me waffle house at like 3 AM when i lived with my grandfather and then one time he called my sister at 1 AM to see if she was awake and went over to hang out with her and casually mentioned how he has no septum cartilage from too much uhhhhhhh white lines. way to go jeff

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • No.

...because Australia celebrates it on the first Sunday of September, not next week. :V But we are in different countries now... I'll send him a message at the very least, maybe do a voice call.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    My dad won't be in town for father's day, but we'll probably still have a dinner or something for him when he's back. I also want to get him some bluetooth earbuds since he expressed interest in those recently.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I might tag along with my sister next weekend to pay my dad a visit. I'm not quite sure what the plan is, my finals are the following week so it's really not the most ideal time to venture out of town. If I decide to stay in the city, I'll at least call my father and wish him a jovial day!

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Probably just going out to eat with the whole family as we do every year. My dad doesn't want much so we usually don't make a big deal about it.

Years
  • Nope. We generally don't do much for Mother's or Father's Day in my household except buy flowers and give wishes or something, and this year I'm not at home so all I can really do is send my dad an SMS and e-card haha.

Years
  • My dad said don't worry about buying anything Father's Day, spending time together will be enough. I probably will get him something though, just as a token.

I know his favorite animal is a panther, and he loved the movie Black Panther so I am searching for something with a nice image of this handsome creature like a canvas bag or a little figurine to sit on his desk at work. He has a few tiger and panther figures scattered about his house. Under the Chinese New Year he's a year of the Tiger.

He likes documentaries too and courtroom dramas--he's a magistrate, so I have also considered a Netflix subscription so he can watch his favorite content. See all the crime dramas and history series he wants.

I hope some other folks here will be celebrating father's day, maybe I then I can get inspired by creative ideas from members since I am out. His favorite sport is golf but I did golf balls for his birthday already....I'm stumped.

Last edited:
    Back