• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VPP DCC ☆ Ask questions & chat! *OLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

I am verrry close to my first Legendary, which will probably be Thundurus, if only because that's the way my Pokemon have worked out. I won't get 3 Dark types before I hit 10 VPP. I don't particularly like Thundurus, but hey ho. xD

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I mean there's no real order you have to do them in. It might have sounded confusing but you could have had your 4th Pokémon be your Legendary. You just have to raise 10 Pokémon in between each Legendary.

pkmin3033

I didn't even think of that, haha - I thought I had to do 10 VPP first before I did a Legendary!

I'm on my 9th at the moment so I will probably start a Legendary after this one...and we'll probably finish Munchlax in the meantime, so I'll be able to claim a Master VPP and have that and Munch count as 2 towards my next Legendary >:D

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Maybe we need to reword it in a way to make it better understanding. You can do a Legendary as early as your 4th Pokémon but then there has to be 10 Pokémon in between them unless you happen to get one in some other fashion.

pkmin3033

Probably just me being an idiot and not reading things properly, but it couldn't hurt to make a note of it.

Although looking over stuff again I do have a feq questions about Ultra Beasts: when it says it requires a Legendary, does that mean a Legendary has to be one of the three Pokemon you use to get it? Is it one Legendary per UB, or once you've done one Legendary, you can do all the UBs as long as you fulfil the type requirements? Does the 10 VPP rule apply to UBs?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    So Ultra Beats are considered higher than Legendary but still in the same category. So if you want every Ultra Beast you would need 11 Legendary...one for each Ultra Beasts. I know I've only raised one so far as I'm trying to raise everything at once...lol. Also the 10 in between count for Ultra Beasts as well.

pkmin3033

Anyone else want to collab? Preferably something from Sinnoh but I'm open to anything not a fighting type that I haven't already done :3

EDIT: After Dusk and I do this Bastiodon. xD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    There anything you guys what to happen or looking to happen? We're always looking for new ideas and new things to try. :D

pkmin3033

I personally don't like the idea of adding Fakemon because they vary pretty wildly in quality and there are just too many of them out there - unless it's like a design competition on the forum and only the winner gets added? - but adding Digimon or having them as limited-time events might be entertaining. xD

Anything that speeds up collection would be nice, as it's going to take about 200,000 posts at least to get everything, and it'd be nice if doing that was a bit more achievable, hehe. Maybe randomised weekly/monthly/whatever you feel is appropriate VPPs, ones for posting milestones (every 1000 posts, etc.) or some kind of VPP quest that lets you acquire more in a lite roleplay style might be fun? :o

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    You post like crazy anyways...lol. Just think if we were doing this back on PE2K it would take a hell of a lot longer to raise them with 400 posts for just a normal Pokémon. So 160-175 is like a drop in the bucket.

pkmin3033

Oh, I think the post count requirements are pretty much fine (especially after hearing about that xD), I was thinking more special ways to acquire and/or raise VPPs~

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Finally closing in on our Tag-Team Caite!!! Tho I do so love my name in your signature for months in end, hehe.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I mean its either that or I completely forget which is not hard to do for me...lol.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2023
    What do y'all think about the idea of adding fakemon?

I know I'm pretty new here so I can't speak for much, but since only Dawn has responded so far:

Not a huge fan of fakemon! I feel like almost no fakemon ever have the spirit of Pokemon in them. (Though those Dunsparce evolutions from Bjork were awesome)

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I don't know if I would be crazy about adding Fakemon to VPP considering that we already have almost 1,000 Pokémon to pick from already.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I think it would be a neat idea if, say, the Art Studio crew could design one fakemon and agree on it for a VPP as a contest of sorts. Just to promote more connectivity between sections — but I don't disagree with the overall sentiment! Adding, like, ALL the fakemon ever would be omg waaayy too ambitious.. щ(゜ロ゜щ)

pkmin3033

Maybe have a special Pokemon design contest? Like, a new form for an existing Pokemon, so whilst it's *technically* a Fakemon it also technically isn't because it's based on an existing design.

Years
  • hey ho i'm new to this whole VPP thing (sounds really fun honestly!) and i just have a couple questions that i don't think got addressed in the FAQ (unless it did and i'm just awful at reading).

can we nickname our pokemon? and choose their gender or something? and when choosing a pokemon to raise, does it have to be the base/baby form and then we must evolve it along the way, or can we just choose whatever?

Edit: ooh forgot an extra question, do posts u make in your breeder stats thread count or nah?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    hey ho i'm new to this whole VPP thing (sounds really fun honestly!) and i just have a couple questions that i don't think got addressed in the FAQ (unless it did and i'm just awful at reading).

can we nickname our pokemon? and choose their gender or something? and when choosing a pokemon to raise, does it have to be the base/baby form and then we must evolve it along the way, or can we just choose whatever?

Edit: ooh forgot an extra question, do posts u make in your breeder stats thread count or nah?

You can nickname your Pokemon (Fairy is real good with giving nicknames). :D Unless its gender-specific like Nidoking / Nidoqueen you can give them genders. As for when you pick your Pokemon to raise it will always start at the very beginning. For example if you pick Clefable it will start as Cleffa or Charizard will start out as Charmander. But you don't have to raise it to its last stage if you want say Charmeleon you just need to let us know. If nothing is ever said we will always give you the last stage but as of right now no matter what stage it will be the same post count.

Any and ALL posts you make wherever count. This is all for fun so its not like I'm going to run around and figure out where you posted and if you posted 10 times for your stats I'm taking those 10 posts off. No. This is just another reason to get people to post around the forums and have fun....and be lazy like me and post mostly in the games section. xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back