• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VPP DCC ☆ Ask questions & chat! *OLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

Shouldn't it be five times? Once for a challenge, once for fire medal, once for flying medal, and (if I'm reading this right) once for a flying-type Legendary and again for a separate fire-type Legendary? Or are medals and challenges mutually exclusive?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Medals are just a given once you've gotten the amount needed for each because duel types will count for both types. Kinda like how I need a life with getting Steel types...lol.

You can use a Pokemon ONCE a challenge. So if I use Arcanine for James I can't use it for anything else as a challenge. So if I get it as a shiny then I can't use it for the shiny challenge or the Fire type challenge unless of course I raise another one. But I can use Arcanine for the James challenge and a Legendary.

pkmin3033

Yeah, I knew it was once for a single challenge, but I didn't know you could use them for two different Legendaries if they were duel types :o

I need to take full stock of what medals and challenges I've done...I did some calculations earlier and to get a living VPP Dex you need 72,650 points to buy everything, which is around 1211 Pokemon at 60 points a time, which is the best way to get them to optimise post count outside of collabs and events. I've put too much thought into this. xD

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    LMFAO! Trust me I've done the same to some point. Cut down on that slightly with the free Masters and Birthday ones...lol. VPP is a challenge in itself to see if you can be a Pokemon Master.

pkmin3033

I've not factored in free Pokemon from completing challenges or Master Pokemon yet, haha. I think my post count estimate was somewhere around 128,000 (assuming everything is seasonal at least) but I think it might be closer to 100,000 once you take off things like that. This excludes a lot of alternate forms I won't bother with until the very end (i.e. the Alcremies and Vivillons) if I ever get that far though.

I can't do it yet because it'd throw off my counter (which makes my life easier for tracking purposes) but when I've done this Regice I am probably going to claim like 5 or 6 Pokemon from challenges xD

Years
  • I think I've got a handle on the types for challenge bit. It might even have been my Mime Jr. that Roni seen!

Where I'm completely lost is medals. I don't remember them being a thing before? Do you have to pick one to target, or do you just collect them automatically by raising a certain amount of one type?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    You just automatically collect them as you go...you just have to post when you've reached the certain amount for each badge.

Years
  • So, since I have over 5 psychic types, I am eligible for a bronze psychic medal?

Do I still need to post in the obtain thread since we're talking about it here?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Whatever medals you think you may have you post in the Obtain thread and it will be checked over and handed out.

Years
  • Will do :)

Now I need to figure out how to tidy my stats up for mobile view! A job for another time I think.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yeah, I knew it was once for a single challenge, but I didn't know you could use them for two different Legendaries if they were duel types :o

I need to take full stock of what medals and challenges I've done...I did some calculations earlier and to get a living VPP Dex you need 72,650 points to buy everything, which is around 1211 Pokemon at 60 points a time, which is the best way to get them to optimise post count outside of collabs and events. I've put too much thought into this. xD

i live for calculations like these. has anyone ever reached 70k+ posts on PC?

EDIT - wait i don't wanna double post but i just remembered. do we need any special item or smth to raise Snowy Form Castform? forgot about it as a pure Ice type oof.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

I'm working on a spreadsheet, I'll share when it's done. Hikamaru is the top poster and she has a little over 50k...at my current pace I'll pass her this time next year xD

I have a question too - are Mega Rings and Dynamax Bands single purchase items, or do you need to buy it again every time you want another Mega or Dmax? Price makes me think single purchase but I wanted to check xD

Also, Unowns - can you use multiple Unown to fulfil a single Psychic challenge?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm working on a spreadsheet, I'll share when it's done. Hikamaru is the top poster and she has a little over 50k...at my current pace I'll pass her this time next year xD

I have a question too - are Mega Rings and Dynamax Bands single purchase items, or do you need to buy it again every time you want another Mega or Dmax? Price makes me think single purchase but I wanted to check xD

90% sure Mega Rings and Dynamax Bands are infinite use. and to my understanding, "only 1 Unown may be used in each set" applies to challenges as well.

i may be completely wrong though i'm just tryna make conversation and boost post count after all xD. also make sure to keep us updated on that spreadsheet, can't wait to see it lol.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    i live for calculations like these. has anyone ever reached 70k+ posts on PC?

EDIT - wait i don't wanna double post but i just remembered. do we need any special item or smth to raise Snowy Form Castform? forgot about it as a pure Ice type oof.

Nothing for different forms. It's more of a we add different typing to them to make them more useful like Vivillons.

I'm working on a spreadsheet, I'll share when it's done. Hikamaru is the top poster and she has a little over 50k...at my current pace I'll pass her this time next year xD

Mega Rings and Dynamax Bands are a one time buy its the items that go with it that you have to buy each time like Mega Stones.

You can use 6 Unowns for the Psychic challenge you just can't raise them one right after the other because of how quick they are to complete.

pkmin3033

For anyone curious, the spreadsheet I'm working on will have the minimum post count required (including estimates for what you can take off that, which IIRC is around 150 Pokemon if you plan it right) and a challenge roadmap as well. But it'll probably take me at least a week because there is a lot of crossover to work through.

I just realised I used my Froslass for the Ice challenge and not the Paul challenge...I'll either get another one next year or not factor it into my spreadsheet, haha. Although Paul had an Ursaring, so would that be acceptable, since the challenges are for Pokemon the trainers had? :o

Last edited:

pkmin3033

I actually had a few thoughts about new challenges, a few missing Legendaries, and I wanted to ask about monthly community Pokemon...I put too much thought into this sdfhjksk

Years
  • I actually had a few thoughts about new challenges, a few missing Legendaries, and I wanted to ask about monthly community Pokemon...I put too much thought into this sdfhjksk

i'd be so down for monthly community VPPs. tell me bout those challenges too dawg.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    The Community Pokémon was a Pokémon we'd pick and then have say 3,000 posts and the more people that would join in the less posts we'd have to do. Like Tag-Teams everyone would have to finish before they could add it to their stats. But the few times that has happened I've let it slide and let people add them to their stats even though the post count wasn't technically achieved as a group.

pkmin3033

I could probably do 3000 posts a month on my own. xD

I'd love monthly events like that...maybe Gmax Pokemon, so they're like raids.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back