• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently playing? V4

.hack

skunkape
Years
  • Finally started Monster Crown I've been wanting to play for the longest time, returning to my Monster Sanctuary save a bit too, both on my Switch!

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    I Just got Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity, great game, and because I'm a badass I of course chose to play it on the absolute HARDEST
    difficulty level...

Everything was great until I after a long battle in the third stage, I reached the game's second big boss,
    with one hit of health left on all my characters...and no way to heal -_-

after several attempts and it going exactly as expected, and hitting "retry" to start the boss again with the exact same amount of health as I started with.
    I decided I needed to employ some "strategy".

I plugged my switch in, and my team is fighting the boss,...while I hide behind a rock, down the hill,...way in the back.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Beat who I'm guessing was the first major boss in SMT V on my 2nd attempt. Those dampener items really saved my life lol, otherwise their big attack would've easily wiped out my party despite guarding. Much harder than
    Spoiler:
    , but the that's to be expected.

That said I'm really enjoying it. Exploration is so fun, and the OST is even better than IV's.

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I finished Akiba's Beat last night. To be completely honest... I can't praise this game enough. I seriously can't. It was just so good and so fun. It's just unfortunate that it got so many bad/mixed reviews and that most others don't even try playing it. It's not like it's the worst game ever made. Is it perfect? Of course not. But I enjoyed the hell out of this game and I really wish more people would try it out and play it for themselves. It was so self-aware, funny, and just overall fun. Story was pretty decent too with some pretty shocking twists around the end of the game. This was probably the most fun game I've played all year since Ni No Kuni 2. Please please PLEASE try it out for yourself and don't listen to the reviews because reviews shouldn't be relied on to determine if games are good or not. Though something like this should be common sense by now.

It is what it is I suppose.

Either way... finally... AT LONG LAST... it's time everyone. It's finally time for me to play it. Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition. I've heard so much about this one so I just hope it doesn't disappoint. However... I also have heard it's challenging. *sighs* So much for not struggling anymore... 😟

Well... we'll find out soon I guess. Because I should be able to start playing it... tonight. 😱

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Been playing an awful lot of the Dark Souls trilogy. Lately, but also the whole year really.

Like at this point I must've gone through DS3 6 more times already, and plan to do at least 2.5 more since I want to see if I can make it through NG+7 for the first time in any of the three, I think I might be able to on my build that's halfway through NG+5 (which is also the furthest I've gone in any Souls-like). And then I've started like 3 new files on DS2 this year, two of which are almost done with their first playthrough. DS1 I beat again for the first time in years earlier this year, and am going to start a new file/build tonight.

not that it's the only thing I've been playing lately or plan to play

Years
  • Been playing a lot of Genshin the past couple of months and loving it. Also just started my third Three Houses playthrough.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Finished SMT V's Neutral route the other day and ngl it's the first time I haven't felt satisfied after beating a game. Expected the true final boss to appear, but all I got was the credits? Turns out it doesn't appear on Neutral, so now I'm contemplating reloading a previous save and going for Chaos. Could go for the true ending but I looked it up and nah, not a fan.
    Overall, the story was very lacklustre. On the other hand, I had a lot of fun just exploring Da'at and figuring out how to reach certain places. Highly recommend if you prefer gameplay over story.

Years
  • Got quite a number of games on the go, but my biggest time sink lately is the new Minecraft update. Increasing the build height limit and completely restructuring how world generation works? It's revolutionary. Helps that I play on a server with my friends too, so we can all build together and work on our new base!

Also slowly getting back into shiny hunting in Pokemon Solar Light and Lunar Dark. That game has high shiny odds, so I'm going for a complete, live shiny dex. I'm just over 60% done :')

And on Switch, I've been playing Deadly Premonition 2. I don't recommend it for anyone who hasn't played the first/doesn't care about the plot/characters, because dang is it slow and clunky. But I'm enamoured with the world and the plot, so I'm working through it ^^

Back