• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Only dreaming

Years
  • Do you remember your dreams when you wake up? If so what kind of stuff do you do dream about?

My dream life is fairly active, though I wish it was not, usually I recall 3 or 4 different dreams. At best they will be annoying, somewhat stressful dreams like missing a flight at the airport, having arguements with loved ones, home repairs, pop quizzes, being stopped by the police.

At worst I have bad nightmares with monsters, serial killers or dystopian societies, villains from books, tv shows and movies even show up to wreak havoc.

Made this thread so I could hear about other people's dreams. Are they good dreams? Bad? Just normal? Can't remember?

Years
  • I remember some of my dreams, although definitely not in order. Like, I remember how my dreams usually end and sometimes if they're particularly eventful, the middle of them, but I hardly remember how the dreams in particular start. @__@

TY

I remember quite a few, although the bad ones usually tend to stick for longer than the good ones. It's like a rollercoaster in a bag of chocolates, its up and down and you never know which one it's gonna be!

Worst case, probably bad events that happened in my life

Best case, probably some wishes in the future.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I had a dream the other day, where I was a member of some specops stuff, supernatural shadow government kind of stuff you see in sci-fi shows. One of our members went rogue, tried to kill himself, but the suicide pin instead turned him into a rabid zombie and he ran off to some Muslim pilgrimage in the American midwest. We had to go and get him back from there, it was a big mess

I also had a dream that began with me in the WTC on September 11, 2001:
    Only dreaming

That dream was chock full of so much symbolism. I think that?s a recurring theme for dreams of mine.

Years
  • Whenever I have something to look forward to, I get dreams about it which shows what happened in my dreams and in real life after I get dreams, the event actually comes true just like what happened in my dream. It feels like as if I am psychic due to what happens in my dreams.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • most of my dreams, if i do remember them, end up being with whatever i'm obsessed about or looking forward to. a lot of them are a bit odd but.. eh. i have had one very vivid dream that i remember fairly well though. it was one where i met jackaboy. it was..super vivid. felt so real. it was in some sort of nice forest area with a bench and..a big white building behind us and pretty trees and.. i met sean. and we hugged and..i swear to god i could feel him against me? and i could..just..feel his touch and it felt like he was really there.

it made me really sad when i woke up and it didn't happen.

Years
    • Online now
    I've had a harder time remembering my dreams recently. I might start writing them down. Sometimes I would dream several things in one night, and the dreams could mesh together. Or I could dream, wake up, then go back to sleep and continue whatever it was I had been dreaming.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Do you remember your dreams when you wake up? If so what kind of stuff do you do dream about?

My dream life is fairly active, though I wish it was not, usually I recall 3 or 4 different dreams. At best they will be annoying, somewhat stressful dreams like missing a flight at the airport, having arguements with loved ones, home repairs, pop quizzes, being stopped by the police.

At worst I have bad nightmares with monsters, serial killers or dystopian societies, villains from books, tv shows and movies even show up to wreak havoc.

Made this thread so I could hear about other people's dreams. Are they good dreams? Bad? Just normal? Can't remember?

Serial killers? Really? Real ones or ones you make up? Do you watch the same crime biographies I do?

They disturb me, but I can't say I ever dream about them. Hmm. To quote Spock, "Fascinating."

I remember my dreams a lot. I can usually pinpoint the cause and effect of them too. They're tied to emotion and feeling in mindset, thus very easy to correlate.

I have lots of dreams with friends or just being out and about. Ideal life stuff I guess. But I have a lot bad car brakes dreams too, where I wrestle with control in such things.

Obviously key to my mindset. Optimistic about the life I want but losing or fearing to lose control a lot.

Video games can impact my dreams in a big way too. I never dream about them or characters but they still impact them in a way I can't describe. Not sure myself.

I almost never have nightmares. Most bad nights are just me sleeping badly or being disturbed. They usually overlap. But those are just unpleasant if anything.

Years
  • Serial killers? Really? Real ones or ones you make up? Do you watch the same crime biographies I do?

They usually are faceless, nameless attackers, not real people. Though sometimes I get stuck inside of books I'm reading or tv shows that I am enjoying, and encounter the resident killer in the series like Ramsay Snow or Darken Rahl.

I like documentaries and biographies too, I try to keep it to reading about people who are not sinister like a famous poet or monarch or activist or entertainer. I have in the past though watched crime dramas and documentaries. I try avoid it these days because I think life is just too short to live in the dark. I also have had personal experiences with loved ones who were impacted by crime on both sides of the spectrum. Someone I love dearly is a victim who never got any justice, and on the other side I know someone who had their life ruined after being accused of something they never did. So for me the educational value is cut short by the personal memories this genre evokes, but I can see why you would be interested-- its fascinating stuff, I love psychology.

You're very lucky if you rarely have nightmares. I can't even remember the last time I had a nice dream...the closest I came to it was swimming with Kyogre and feeding it a few weeks ago, (yes I dream about pokemon all the time) but my dream was about to go bad because Team Aqua showed up!

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    They usually are faceless, nameless attackers, not real people. Though sometimes I get stuck inside of books I'm reading or tv shows that I am enjoying, and encounter the resident killer in the series like Ramsay Snow or Darken Rahl.

I like documentaries and biographies too, I try to keep it to reading about people who are not sinister like a famous poet or monarch or activist or entertainer. I have in the past though watched crime dramas and documentaries. I try avoid it these days because I think life is just too short to live in the dark. I also have had personal experiences with loved ones who were impacted by crime on both sides of the spectrum. Someone I love dearly is a victim who never got any justice, and on the other side I know someone who had their life ruined after being accused of something they never did. So for me the educational value is cut short by the personal memories this genre evokes, but I can see why you would be interested-- its fascinating stuff, I love psychology.

You're very lucky if you rarely have nightmares. I can't even remember the last time I had a nice dream...the closest I came to it was swimming with Kyogre and feeding it a few weeks ago, (yes I dream about pokemon all the time) but my dream was about to go bad because Team Aqua showed up!

I get that need to avoid it, but at the same time, I feel like I need to learn and be aware of such things.

Thanks to every documentary I've ever seen about serial killers, I know way more of what I should look for in people capable of that, to always be aware of your surroundings wherever you are (when it happens to victims who are simply wrong place, wrong time, it really makes you unnerved thinking that it could've been you or anyone else you know), so I find there's always a reason to keep yourself educated, even on the unpleasant things; if only to keep it from happening to you.

And... wow, I'm very sorry about that. You seem like such an upbeat person, I can't believe you persevere your already busy life and then sleeping like that too. I don't think Team Aqua is what I'd classify as a nightmare though. I honestly can't dream about fictional characters; I know they're fictional, awake or asleep, so they hold no real presence. If I do have a nightmare or something, it's always very grounded in reality.

I just wish there was something I could do to improve the quality of your life in that regard. Hmm.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    In the mornings when I snooze, I usually dream that I have an important meeting at work to get to, but I can't seem to find the bus stop, or those darn buses won't move. Or I find something else I really need to take care of first so that oops, seems I'm late to the meeting. And then I wake up. Uncomfortable every time.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • my dreams are usually very odd, but i blame it on drugs, lol. they're mostly nonsensical and involve places i've been and people i talked to the day before.

i do also have nightmares somewhat frequently, and it's mainly about natural disasters (tsunamis and tornadoes are common), getting into arguments with friends/family, me or friends/family getting diagnosed with a terminal illness, getting lost in the woods or some place i don't know... yeah. i don't have nightmares as often as i used to but they still shake me up.

Back