• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Shiny Colors?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • What do you think, is the best shiny coloration? I am very fond of pink and blue shiny Pokemon, and I'm also pretty fond of golden shinies, too, but not as much as some others. And of course, red shinies, but, that's pretty situational for me, lol. I don't always like a gold or red, shiny, but I will always like blue and pink ones, if the change is noticeable enough.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Weavile, definitely! He looks like an icy glass of pink lemonade. :')

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Oh! Well if we can pick more than one than heck yeah shiny Sylveon goes on my list! n_n;

Same with Jumpluff, Drifblim, and Dragonair!

Years
  • sylveon said trans rights so by default it wins

but I love others like starmie/shaymin/celebi/zorua

basically shoutout to all the blue/pink shinies out there!!

Years
    • Seen today
    The darker colored shiny Pokémon look very nice, such as Charizard and Rayquaza.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Pink

So smeargle, dunsparce, jumpluff etc

And furret

Especially furret

Best shiny

User Anon 1848

Greninja by far. I spent an ungodly amount of time trying to catch a shiny Froagadier with a naive nature and hidden ability in the friend safari just so I could have the most competitive version of my favorite shiny.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2020
    sceptile

and the worst one is greninja. oh what is it because its eDgY. you could put it on bidoof and it would be just as good. the pure black with the only other color being its tongue gets rid of a lot of cool details.

User Anon 1848

and the worst one is greninja. oh what is it because its eDgY. you could put it on bidoof and it would be just as good. the pure black with the only other color being its tongue gets rid of a lot of cool details.

I'll bite lol. I'm definitely partial to some Pokemon with dark color schemes and and edgy designs such as mega Houndoom but with Greninja his shiny color scheme simply suits him more because it's.. well.. a ninja. Ninjas aren't meant to standout like a bright light like Naruto does. Besides I don't see anything edgy about Greninja, shiny or standard. It's hard to give off edge-lord vibes when you wear your giant ass tongue as a fashionable scarf. :laugh-squinted:

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • I agree with you OP. Most Pokemon that turn blue when they're shiny (especially green -> blue) are very aesthetically pleasing. Much better than those that turn into an off-colour version of themselves at least...

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Blue and pink for sure. Some of my favorite aesthetic Shinies include Corsola, Mothim, Tyrogue (especially Gen. 4-5), Porygon2, Dragonair, and Furret. I also like a lot of the purple Water-Type Shinies.

My least favorite Shiny colors are probably yellow and gold. I'm also not too keen on a lot of the green Shinies (despite green being my favorite color), but Wartortle and Beedrill are cool.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I love any time there's a drastic difference in color for shiny Pokemon- being color blind I miss a lot of the subtle ones, so the more obvious, the better.

Yellow shinies are probably at the top of my list, with Charmander, Hoothoot, Arcanine, Deoxys, and Shinx as some of my favorites. I know there's another one too that I really like, but for the life of me I can't think of it right now.

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • Yveltal's red and white bacon scheme looks interesting. I also like Umbreon's black and blue, it's a nice color combination overall.

Back