• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shine bright like a Steelix - The Steel-Type Fanclub!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

typeanalysis_steels.png

Shining Steelix
The Steel-Type Pokémon Fanclub

Welcome to Shining Steelix, the number one place to be for all the Steel-type Pokémon lovers out there. Steel is one of the newer Pokémon types and has always felt like one of the more unique set of Pokémon, often boasting high Defence and surprisingly hard-hitting attacks. Whether you're here for the shining battles like Scizor, or perhaps just to fangirl over how cute Shieldon's little head is, if you're looking to talk about Steel-type Pokémon then this is the place for you. Please leave all lava buckets by the door!

magnemite.png
magneton.png
forretress.png
steelix.png
scizor.png
skarmory.png
mawile.png
aron.png
lairon.png
aggron.png
beldum.png
metang.png
metagross.png
registeel.png
jirachi.png
empoleon.png
shieldon.png
bastiodon.png
wormadam-trash.png
bronzor.png
bronzong.png
lucario.png
magnezone.png
probopass.png
dialga.png
heatran.png
arceus-steel.png
excadrill.png
escavalier.png
ferroseed.png
ferrothorn.png
klink.png
klang.png
klinklang.png
pawniard.png
bisharp.png
durant.png
cobalion.png
genesect.png
honedge.png
doublade.png
aegislash.png
klefki.png

Sign-Up Form

• Name: (What you'd like to be known as)
  • Partner: (Choose a Steel-type Pokémon for a partner)

Members List

• Major Ziggs
    436.png
  • Miss Fortune
    707.png
  • Sheep
    303.png
  • Hikamaru
    681.png
  • Aslan
    60954.jpg
    395.png

Discussion

There's no point having a club without anything to discuss! We'll start off with a generic question to let everyone get acquainted, but I'm itching to discuss the impact of Steel-types in the new games coming out soon!

What is your favourite Steel-type Pokémon?

And, as always, feel free to bring up any new discussions that take your fancy as long as it's not interrupting an on-going conversation :)

Quote of the Month

This was just too good not to include.

"but that's what I really see Magnemite as. cute blob with this slenderman face in the middle. okay maybe slenderman isn't cute but ya you get the idea." - Aslan​

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Name: Chase
Partner: Klefki

What is my favorite steel typed Pokemon?

I really have a hard time picking a favorite here haha. I really love the Honedge family as well as Klefki!(gen 6 brought some amazing Steels) but overall my favorite would definitely have to be Mawile. As a mega Hoenn fan it certainly stands out to me and is even more badass with its really cool mega evo!

Years
Name: Janna or Sheep~
Partner:
mawile.png

Steel type club returns! -throws sparkles- I'm really glad.

You know, lately it's become harder and harder to answer that. I couldn't decide between Aggron, Metagross, Mawile, Skarmory, or Jirachi for my partner but ultimately settled on Mawile because it's both cute and strong given the power of its mega form. I'm glad such an underrated Pokemon grew to be so popular.

Outside the above 'mons because they're all awesome, I also like Bisharp a lot. Normally I go for cuteness but Bisharp is way too cool to pass up.

Years
Nice to see a new Steel-type club here. It's been ages since I joined one!

Name: Hikari / Hika
Pokemon: Aegislash
aegislash.png

This is so hard, because there's so many awesome Steel-types! My notable faves are: Mawile (Fairy-type, Mega Evolution and Huge Power ftw baby), Lucario (strong mixed attacker with a diverse movepool), Klefki (amazing status spammer with Prankster), Jirachi (the little guy can be quite the hax god plus he's cute), Excadrill (powerful attacker, and damn well badass in general), Empoleon (the only Steel-type starter, and it's again a powerful attacker), Bisharp (6th Gen was really kind to the blade-bodied soldier, and now he's actually usable), Scizor (again, another powerful attacker) and Aegislash (has an amazing ability and great type combination, giving it loads of uses). Steel-types are like really fun to use, both offensively and defensively, making them a huge asset to many teams.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
NEW FONT COLOUR YEAHHHH.

Steel is my favorite type so why not!

Name: Chase
Partner: Klefki

I really have a hard time picking a favorite here haha. I really love the Honedge family as well as Klefki!(gen 6 brought some amazing Steels) but overall my favorite would definitely have to be Mawile. As a mega Hoenn fan it certainly stands out to me and is even more badass with its really cool mega evo!
You're wrong sorry, Klefki is poop ;( But otherwise I agree completely - Mawile is certainly a quirky and interesting Steel-type if there ever was one, and the mega form makes it endlessly cooler and (thankfully!) more usable on a team. I have always wondered a tad though; what do you think the purpose of Mawile's hair-thing is? It's such an interesting design, I've just never been able to work it out haha. Anywho, welcome to the club!

Name: Janna or Sheep~
Partner:
mawile.png

Steel type club returns! -throws sparkles- I'm really glad.

You know, lately it's become harder and harder to answer that. I couldn't decide between Aggron, Metagross, Mawile, Skarmory, or Jirachi for my partner but ultimately settled on Mawile because it's both cute and strong given the power of its mega form. I'm glad such an underrated Pokemon grew to be so popular.

Outside the above 'mons because they're all awesome, I also like Bisharp a lot. Normally I go for cuteness but Bisharp is way too cool to pass up.
That's a very diverse range of Pokémon you quoted there, I guess you tend to prefer the more impressive/fearsome Pokémon of the bunch based on those? Surprising, I always saw you as more of a "cute and fluffy" fan haha. Like I said above I agree with Mawile being a very interesting Pokémon, but it's design really is a mystery to me. And yessss, Bisharp is one heck of a cool Pokémon, good choice there ♥ Welcome!

Name: Hikari / Hika
Pokemon: Aegislash
aegislash.png

This is so hard, because there's so many awesome Steel-types! My notable faves are: Mawile (Fairy-type, Mega Evolution and Huge Power ftw baby), Lucario (strong mixed attacker with a diverse movepool), Klefki (amazing status spammer with Prankster), Jirachi (the little guy can be quite the hax god plus he's cute), Excadrill (powerful attacker, and damn well badass in general), Empoleon (the only Steel-type starter, and it's again a powerful attacker), Bisharp (6th Gen was really kind to the blade-bodied soldier, and now he's actually usable), Scizor (again, another powerful attacker) and Aegislash (has an amazing ability and great type combination, giving it loads of uses). Steel-types are like really fun to use, both offensively and defensively, making them a huge asset to many teams.
So your favourite Steel-type is basically just every Steel-type that exists, eh? ;) I'm glad Empoleon got some love in this post, it really does seem to go unnoticed despite how cool of a Pokémon it really is. What is it that made you choose Aegislash as your partner out of that list, would you call him your favourite or just a random pick? I always had something of a hard time getting over the "IT'S A LIVING SWORD!?" thing myself (combined with the living key chain I really wasn't a big fan of Gen VI... hehe!), but I will admit it's a very impressive Pokémon competitively and an interesting one to boot. I'd love to hear more about why you chose it!

As for me, my favourite Steel-type has always been a toss-up between Bronzong and Empoleon. They're both such cool Pokémon with really interesting designs and despite Empoleon being this huge kingly beast of power and respect, I've always had a huge love for Bronzong's concept/lore and that's why I'm choosing him as my favourite. The story behind Bronzong's creation is a fascinating one (if anyone doesn't know about it I'm more than happy to explain, just let me know :D) and it's always made me a really big fan of the Pokémon; plus Bronzor is a huge cutie so that always helps me love a Pokémon line. Empoleon comes close, but Bronzong will have to win this time ♥ I'm surprised that no one brought it up yet - are you guys not a fan of the big ol' bell? :o

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
writing a response when im not in english WAT IS DIS ARE YOU PROUD TEACHER

Incorrect grammar and use of capital letters aside, idt my english teacher would read this anyway. brb being sad :(

Name: Your Mu- wait that doesn't sound right in my head. I'd hope people would know my name but it's Aslan/Sophie :p

Partner: RICK ASTEELY (do you see what i did thar) I mean, Empoleon. cause ya

i swear my answer always changes with each new club but

Even though I'm not a really big fan of Empoleon now, it was my first fully evolved starter so ya, I chose him. Also anything that you can name iCanFly and then laugh at the irony of it is badass imo. besides I've always thought of penguins as animals that won't take anyone's bs as well. I think my second favourite would be Magnemite cause it's just a floating blob and I like blobs. Pretty simple too. :p

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
writing a response when im not in english WAT IS DIS ARE YOU PROUD TEACHER

Incorrect grammar and use of capital letters aside, idt my english teacher would read this anyway. brb being sad :(
C-, you let us all down :(

Partner: RICK ASTEELY (do you see what i did thar) I mean, Empoleon. cause ya

i swear my answer always changes with each new club but

Even though I'm not a really big fan of Empoleon now, it was my first fully evolved starter so ya, I chose him. Also anything that you can name iCanFly and then laugh at the irony of it is badass imo. besides I've always thought of penguins as animals that won't take anyone's bs as well. I think my second favourite would be Magnemite cause it's just a floating blob and I like blobs. Pretty simple too. :p
Rick Astley always was my favourite Steel-type; found a special icon in the first post just for you ♥ I agree that Empoleon's a really cool Pokémon, and the puns you can make from him are just endless ;) I was boring and always named mine Pingu but Piplup's just too cute to give any other name to. Magnemite is an interesting choice though, I can't say I expected that to be anyone's favourite - doesn't it put you off that it's essentially just a floating magnet? :o

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
YES RICK ASTLEY IS THE GOD OF STEEL TYPES ALL HAIL

Magnemite is a floating magnet, yeah that's true. Usually I do judge most Pokemon by what they are- I had a 'what the hell is this gamefreak' moment when I first saw Voltorb. I would of expected myself to hate Magnemite as well, but I just don't. It's cute, really. ya I think minds are being blown when I say "magnets r cute rawr" but that's what I really see Magnemite as. cute blob with this slenderman face in the middle. okay maybe slenderman isn't cute but ya you get the idea. Maybe?

Besides I did use it in Black 2 and it was pretty op, so magnets forever. \o/

I could ask the same to you actually. What about Bronzor? I've never even figured out what it is, is it just this floating plate or what? XD

(I'M SORRY ENGLISH TEACHER FORGIVE ME, GIVE ME A+)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
cute blob with this slenderman face in the middle. okay maybe slenderman isn't cute but ya you get the idea.
Adding a "quote of the month" section just for this.

I guess I can see your logic behind liking Magnemite, it certainly does have the "quirkly cute" factor from being such a simple little thing, but how do you feel about how it evolves? Does adding three Magnemites together still make it cute, or is this when we start getting into human centipede realms? :( I guess I've always found it a tough one to love just based on that evolution stage but I do rather like Magnemite itself, it is a tad cute now that you mention it!

As for Bronzor, he's based on a bronze mirror! (Amazing ryt??) Their family tree is based on an old Japanese legend about a church needing a new bronze bell so they asked the community to donate their metals to help, and this old lady was too poor to donate any of her coins so instead she decided she'd give her cherished bronze mirror instead (not sure why anyone made a mirror out of bronze but k). Then she regretted it and started to really badly miss the mirror and had nightmares about it and stuff, so she tried to steal it back from the church before it was too late, but when she got there the bell had already been made. Then there are several different endings involving the bell haunting her, her destroying/stealing the bell, and my favourite involves her hosting a contest to see who can break the bell and the bell seems to have some kind of psychic aura about it preventing anyone from doing so, but yeah, it's a really interesting legend if you want to read it haha. It certainly made me go from "da heck is that weird floating disk and why does it become a bell???" to really loving the family, I just love how quirky and interesting their background is. It also makes me wonder how many more Pokémon lines have stories like that (I'm pretty sure Magikarp -> Gyarados is based on a similar myth, no?), but I guess that's a conversation for another time haha.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
i'm honoured :')

Magneton isn't half-bad. I still think of it as a nice design although when it comes to the creative factor, it's probably over -9000. I mean really, any genius could of said "oh yeah lets make 3 clones of x and then attach them together" And Gamefreak has used the idea of cloning one pokemon to make the next evolution stage (*cough* vanilite *cough*) It's a bit creepy now that you mention the centipede thing. Magneton's still a good Pokemon though.

That story was really nice actually. I like Bronzong but Bronzor's design was always weird to me. and ya people make mirrors out of bronze! Maybe it makes them look shiny in their reflection, (i don't even). As long as it works I'm sure the lady doesn't give a damn. I personally think it should of ended with the bell being reversed or some shiz and the lady getting her mirror back. But then we wouldn't exactly have weird floaty things, so go figure.

tbh I'm curious if Escaveiler (did i even spell that right, no idts) got all its knight glory and stuff. Who did it serve etc. I would imagine it having an interesting story behind it but I've never been bothered to check. 8)

Years
NEW FONT COLOUR YEAHHHH.
So your favourite Steel-type is basically just every Steel-type that exists, eh? ;) I'm glad Empoleon got some love in this post, it really does seem to go unnoticed despite how cool of a Pokémon it really is. What is it that made you choose Aegislash as your partner out of that list, would you call him your favourite or just a random pick? I always had something of a hard time getting over the "IT'S A LIVING SWORD!?" thing myself (combined with the living key chain I really wasn't a big fan of Gen VI... hehe!), but I will admit it's a very impressive Pokémon competitively and an interesting one to boot. I'd love to hear more about why you chose it!

Steel-types surely are awesome aren't they? Empoleon is my second-fave of the Sinnoh starters and I love its design concept plus the thing can be quite the powerful special attacker with the right set-ups. As for why I picked Aegislash as my partner? I really enjoy using the possessed sword, both in-game and even competitively because of how hard it hits and its unique ability allowing it to do different roles on a team.

I had mixed feelings towards Honedge when it was first revealed but I think it was definitely Aegislash that saved the line for me because I was first expecting the final evolution to be three swords (everyone thought that after seeing Doublade) but man they surely pulled the rug out from me there. Plus, Steel/Ghost is a really cool typing both offensively and defensively.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
tbh I'm curious if Escaveiler (did i even spell that right, no idts) got all its knight glory and stuff. Who did it serve etc. I would imagine it having an interesting story behind it but I've never been bothered to check. 8)
Yeah I've got no idea about that one - does anyone actually know the story behind Escavalier? I've never read up on him but now that I think about it he's quite an interesting Pokémon to say the least, I'd love to know about his origins if anyone happens to know them.

I was first expecting the final evolution to be three swords (everyone thought that after seeing Doublade) but man they surely pulled the rug out from me there.
Mmm that was my first thought too after seeing Doublade, but this was actually what made me dislike the line in the first place. I didn't like the idea of a possessed sword being a Pokémon too much because the concept that countless ghosts would all possess exactly identical swords (where are they even finding these swords!?) and nothing else at all was a bit iffy, but then just adding in a second sword and calling that an evolution...? I wasn't happy about it at all haha. Aegislash looks a heck of a lot cooler and more like how a Pokémon *should* look, but I just didn't like his two pre-evos at all.

So what are you guys hoping for in the new RS remakes in terms of Steel-types? Do you think Steven will be the champion, and what do you think it means for his Steel team if he is?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Yeah I've got no idea about that one - does anyone actually know the story behind Escavalier? I've never read up on him but now that I think about it he's quite an interesting Pokémon to say the least, I'd love to know about his origins if anyone happens to know them.

ORIGIN STORYTIMES YAY YEAH

Spoiler:

Anyway stories aside, as always I'm hoping for more steel-type moves that do damage in ORAS. We really only have Flash Cannon and Iron Head which is pretty sad. If I'm missing something, feel free to mention it though. Maybe Steven will be the champion, it's based off Ruby and Sapphire after all. Besides, they kept Lance from G/S and put him in HG/SS. tbh I think his team would mainly be the same but maybe add some new additions from later generations? I'd imagine he'd also use mega evolution on something like Aggron or Mawile. His team would be mainly Hoenn probably with a touch of the other gens so ya.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
ORIGIN STORYTIMES YAY YEAH

Spoiler:
... remind me not to catch an Escavalier, I'm scared I'll end up losing it and destroying the world :( I miss story time </3

Anyway stories aside, as always I'm hoping for more steel-type moves that do damage in ORAS. We really only have Flash Cannon and Iron Head which is pretty sad. If I'm missing something, feel free to mention it though. Maybe Steven will be the champion, it's based off Ruby and Sapphire after all. Besides, they kept Lance from G/S and put him in HG/SS. tbh I think his team would mainly be the same but maybe add some new additions from later generations? I'd imagine he'd also use mega evolution on something like Aggron or Mawile. His team would be mainly Hoenn probably with a touch of the other gens so ya.
Are they actually able to add new moves between games in the same generation like that? I don't have a clue if they can or not but I agree it would be really cool to get some more aggressive Steel-type ones. How about a slicing move for Bisharp and Scizor to capitalise on their STAB physical attacks with? And yeah I think it'd be a huge waste if they didn't use Mega-Aggron on Steven's team haha.

What does everyone else think? :o

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Are they actually able to add new moves between games in the same generation like that? I don't have a clue if they can or not but I agree it would be really cool to get some more aggressive Steel-type ones. How about a slicing move for Bisharp and Scizor to capitalise on their STAB physical attacks with? And yeah I think it'd be a huge waste if they didn't use Mega-Aggron on Steven's team haha.

What does everyone else think? :o
No, I don't think they've ever added new moves in the same generation. They have made changes to moves, but never actually added any new ones, so yeah, we probably shouldn't bet on seeing any new Steel types in OR/AS. I'd definitely love to see more Steel type moves that do damage. Heck, I've always felt there's been a huge lack of Steel type moves in general, though I don't know if that's just because I've never owned many Steel types, I just haven't caught up on the new generations, or if it's just because they're super uncommon. So seeing some new Steel type moves overall would just be great. And it would've been the perfect opportunity with Steven and all, but since it's still a part of generation 6, it's not anything we should bet on D:

I'm honestly hoping Steven will be another final boss-esque character like he was in Emerald again. I feel like champions have kind of lost their flare nowadays, with how big the post-games are getting, so having him play a bigger role in the style of what Red was in G/S and HG/SS is definitely something I'd rather see. It'd also heighten the chances of him using mega evolutions on his team. We might even see a mega Metagross ^^

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Name: Lilith
Partner: Metagross

I share a lot of favorites with Sheep. I'm fond of Metagross, Aggron, Mawile, Skarmory, Bisharp, Steelix, Skarmory, and Jirachi. I also can appreciate Scizor, Excadrill, Aegislash, and Escavalier. I've never used a few of these like Bastiodon and Klefki, and I don't have too much of an interest in doing so. I'm happy with my current handful of favorites. It's kind of hard to even decide a partner, haha.

I do not like Mega Metagross so far, but I haven't seen what it would be like in-game.

Years
Name: Melodie

Partner: Steelix

What is your favorite Steel-type Pokemon? Definitely Steelix. I've always been a defensive player and Steelix has been a favorite of mine since Gen 2. Also, it's shiny form is truly a sight to behold. Other favorites would include Magneton, Jirachi, and Klefki. Had a lot of fun with Klefki this generation online :)

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
I realized steel types have their own advantage and have a few faves among them.

Name: Logical Cabbage

Partner Pokemon: Metagross

Who Is Your Favorite Steel Type?
I hate trick questions! I like them because they are awesome at defense and it takes a lot out of my Fire and Ground buddies to beat them up. They make my friends suffer... But I have a special liking in the Beldum and Aron stages... Dialga and Lucario were pretty awesome when they were introduced in Sinnoh...

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
Name: Apollo
Partner: Aggron

Who is your favorite Steel type?
Aggron! I've recently used one in my X playthrough, and it was a great experience. I normally like special attackers more, but I think Aggron is showing me the beauty of physical attacking. :3 Not only does it hit hard, but it's bulky too - just keep it out of sight from its weaknesses. I also like Mawile, Metagross, Skarmory and Steelix. :)

hanswurst1999

The Slow Bro
Years
Name: Hanswurst1999
Partner: Steelix

Who's ma favorite: I'd say it's this one
steelix.gif
because it looks really badass and I imagine fighting with one would be really cool.
I also like Magneton, Metagross and Skarmory for they are pretty cool(they can stand their ground in battles and have a pretty dope design to boost although Magneton deserves a better evolution).
Might share some steelix action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back