• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] What's your favorite gen 8 Pokémon?

Years
  • i got a couple. Regieleki and Stonjourner were automatic faves for me. the former for its aesthetic, and the latter for how cool its name is. i also am a big fan of Runerigus, Falinks, Yamper, & Zacian Crowned Sword form. all just for aesthetics.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Some of my favorite gen 8 Pokemom are Hatterene, Obstagoon, Dragapult, Toxicity, Centiskorch, and Frosmoth. Hatterene is my favorite because of the pastel pink and blue colors, plus her cry is awesome.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    I'm a alcremie fan. It's gimmick means that you can have special adventures with so many different ones without feeling like they're the same. I know shines exist, but you have to ignore so many pokemon to get them... I also like falinks, because asthetic, and wooloo, because it's really cute.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2021
    Galarian Slowbro, Galarian Slowking, Baraskewda, Centiskorch, Appletun, Grimmsnarl and Impidimp.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Corviknight. Pulls off the armored bird aesthetic well. Prefers it over Skarmory. Misses Skarmory's red pop, though. Would have liked similar on Corviknight.

Giovanna

Amateur Sandstorm
    Years
    • She/her
    • Seen Jun 27, 2021
    My favorites would be Drednaw because it a Alligator Snapping Turtle, which is cool, Sandaconda because it is a Sand Anaconda and I like snakes, Perrserker because it just looks awesome all around, and Copperajah because is a Copper Elephant and that is just cool

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Well I love the Scorbunny line in general, but I have a love for Kubfu and Corviknight as well.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    Either Sirfetch'd or Grapploct....Grookey isn't bad either, he/she's a cute one, but I really don't like this gen of Pokemon if I'm being honest. Just look at the first 150 ever and then look at these. The discrepancy in how much better the designs used to be is glaring. Remember when most of them used to look like actual animals?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Either Sirfetch'd or Grapploct....Grookey isn't bad either, he/she's a cute one, but I really don't like this gen of Pokemon if I'm being honest. Just look at the first 150 ever and then look at these. The discrepancy in how much better the designs used to be is glaring. Remember when most of them used to look like actual animals?

...Do they not look like actual animals still? What about Skwovet, Nickit, Wooloo, Yamper, Chewtle, Rookidee, Silicobra, Snom, Eiscue, and Cufant lines? Added elements or other bits to them, certainly. Applies to Pokemon like Vulpix and Blastoise too.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    ...Do they not look like actual animals still? What about Skwovet, Nickit, Wooloo, Yamper, Chewtle, Rookidee, Silicobra, Snom, Eiscue, and Cufant lines? Added elements or other bits to them, certainly. Applies to Pokemon like Vulpix and Blastoise too.

No, most of them don't resemble animals to me anymore but credit to you for listing the very few outliers just to try to counter my irrefutable point. They pump out way less Mon in each new gen than they used to and many of them don't appear to be inspired by real animals. Also Nickit is the biggest wannabe ever of Vulpix so that example is moot

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2021
    Falinks. It's so adorable and cool! One of the best new designs I've seen in a long time.

Galarian Weezing also since normal Weezing is already one of my favorites.

Years
  • Forgot to list Grapploct & Hatterene last time =p

No, most of them don't resemble animals to me anymore but credit to you for listing the very few outliers just to try to counter my irrefutable point. They pump out way less Mon in each new gen than they used to any many of them don't appear to be inspired by real animals. Also Nickit is the biggest wannabe ever of Vulpix so that example is moot

Gen 1 had plenty of non-animal mons too though, way more than just the 'very few outliers' mentioned.

Every single generation has it's horrible and good designs imo
    Gen 1 is absolutely no exception to this... there are quite a few horrible ones.

Also on another note: good or bad design is subjective too. What you might consider a good design someone else can consider bad.

If gen 1 is best to you that's fine. Everyone has their preferences. But pretending it doesn't share the same flaws is just silly to me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    Forgot to list Grapploct & Hatterene last time =p

Gen 1 had plenty of non-animal mons too though, way more than just the 'very few outliers' mentioned.

Every single generation has it's horrible and good designs imo
    Gen 1 is absolutely no exception to this... there are quite a few horrible ones.

Also on another note: good or bad design is subjective too. What you might consider a good design someone else can consider bad.

If gen 1 is best to you that's fine. Everyone has their preferences. But pretending it doesn't share the same flaws is just silly to me.

1.) Gen 1 had like 2-4 Pokemon that didn't look like real animals. That's not "plenty" outta 150 especially when the others strikingly resemble real animals on a level that gen 7 & 8 simply do not.

2.) Gen 1 didn't have any horrible designs. That's a crock of sh*t

3.) Gen 1 isn't the best to me, gen 3 is. But gen 1 absolutely does not share the same flaws as the newer generations in terms of designs. Have a nice day!

Last edited:
    Back