• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Fossil Pokemon

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
  • (I never know if this kind of thread goes in Pokemon General or in Pokemon Gaming Central...

Imagine a game where you can choose only one fossil, and all of them are available to choose.

Which Fossil do you want? Do you usually use them in your game?

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • My favourite is Aerodactyl because it's based on my favourite type of dinosaur.

I don't think I've ever used a fossil Pokemon in any of my teams before.

Years
  • I honestly can't remember the last time I used a fossil Pokemon during a playthrough, but I like to get however many I can post-game. My favourite is probably Aerodactyl, it's super cool :3

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Either Aerodactyl or the turtle from Unova because turtle's are great. I find all of their designs interesting, but for example Cradily is boring to use in-game, Omanyte / Kabuto always get overlooked because there are so many other good water-types in their games and Archeops' ability just doesn't sit well with my high-risk battle style.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • aurorus is the one fossil pokémon that i've properly used and really enjoyed using. i love the design and despite the many weaknesses, it's a great pokémon to use!

Sirfetch’d

Cradily! It's just so cute to me and really uniquely designed. It was not all that fun to use in RSE, but over the generations I began to appreciate it so much more.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • lord helix is pretty cool.

that said, I've barely ever used any of them in the games. I remember I always tried to use either Kabutops or Omastar during my FRLG playthroughs, but they're obtainable so late in the game and I will definitely already have a Water-type by that stage. The only one I ever used for any significant amount of time, ironically, was Aurorus in X, which I ended up ditching about halfway through the game because of its terrible type combination (at least for a defensive Pokémon).

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Tyrantrum - Love the design and animations, just a shame the typing is easy to kill. Still the HA version was awesome fun to try and headbutt them to death with.

Years
  • Archen/Archeops, just because they're based off one of my favorite kinds of dinosaurs.
    Shame about the ability, though.

Amaura and Aurorus would be a close second choice though.

And no, I don't usually use them in my games. Don't usually have a spot I want to give up for them. I think I might have tried using a Shieldon in Platinum as the last time I tried, but I don't recall that lasting for too long.

Years
  • I would go with the Dome fossil since the evolution of Kabuto is cool looking I haven't used him that much in-game If i remember correctly i have only used him about two times.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I love Kabutops and Armaldo equally and I just don't know what to pick between the two. ;___;

I'm leaning ever so slightly more towards Armaldo though because I have a bias for Gen III 'mons, so there's that. u_u

You have the same two favorite than me, and it's actually the first time ever I see someone else liking Armaldo <3

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    My favourite fossil Pokemon is Aerodactyl! I really like its high speed and attack. I'm also a big fan of dinosaurs so Aerodactyl has always been one of my favourite Pokemon designs. I love all fossil Pokemon though. Some of my other favourites are Kabutops, Rampardos, Omantyne and Armaldo!

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
  • Rampardos. I love the design, and the idea. I especially love the shiny form.

It had such potential for greatness, and Game Freak gave the poor thing a low speed stat. </3

Not only that, but for some reason, he got pure Rock-type. :T

Still, I love Rampardos for what he is.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I really like Aerodactyl, the gargoyle! Well, I think it's more based off of the Petrodactyl, but I think it's like a gargoyle too. It's so fast and pretty strong with it's rock moves like Stone Edge and Rock Slide, woo.

Tyrantrum is another personal favourite, being based off of a T-Rex, one of my favourite dinosaurs too. <33

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • This is really hard, but at the end of the day I'm going to have to choose Omanyte/Omastar.

It's a classic fossil Pokémon that I ADORE, the design is just wayyyyy too cool to pass up on + w/ it being a Water/Rock type makes it very useful (even though having a ton of type-weaknesses). The move pool is really solid and there's nothing really to top it for me.

s/o to Lileep/Cradily! Love them sm but their move set is something that I'm not used to using and don't have enough patience for either aha.

Years
  • My absolute fave is probably Amaura, but Tyrunt comes close for having a cool design and unique typing. In fact, I felt the Kalos fossils were definitely the most unique of the bunch.

Back