• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hack's Recommendations

Extralink

Lost
Years
I'm looking for less than 'ordinary' pkmn fangames or hacks, ones that focus more on exploration, quests or puzzle solving rather than battling and beating a league (Pokemon Run was a good game I've played that fits this). They don't need to be completed games, but preferably games still being worked on if not finished.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 8, 2019
Digimon Hack

Hello, I'm new on this website and I am really enjoying this.
I have played some Rom Hacks, like Pokémon Gaia, and Glazed, and I LOVED them, really really great, and I also played some Digimon Hacks (I LOVE DIGIMON), but they were all kinda weak, and I did not enjoy playing them.
So, I don't know if this is the right place to do this, but I want to suggest that someone (with time, skills and motivation), does a Hack with Digimons instead of Pokemons
Thank you in advance, and to all the creators, keep up the great work, cause I'm loving playing this hacks.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
Hello, I'm new on this website and I am really enjoying this.
I have played some Rom Hacks, like Pokémon Gaia, and Glazed, and I LOVED them, really really great, and I also played some Digimon Hacks (I LOVE DIGIMON), but they were all kinda weak, and I did not enjoy playing them.
So, I don't know if this is the right place to do this, but I want to suggest that someone (with time, skills and motivation), does a Hack with Digimons instead of Pokemons
Thank you in advance, and to all the creators, keep up the great work, cause I'm loving playing this hacks.
Searching up digimon rom hacks using site:pokecommunity.com as a qualifier, I've found a few.
[FireRed] Digimon: Virus Version
[Emerald] Digimon: Escape from Server Island v1.1
I haven't played them, so I can't really comment on them.

Oh, I've also moved this thread to Fan Game recommendation.

Last edited:

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Hi are there any good DS based (gen 5 if possible) hacks to run on Drastic emulator or similar? Id love to see a gen 5 style graphic game updated with Sun/Moon level pokemon and megas etc. No idea whats available though.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
@EderLopes You can try Dark Rising Origins: Worlds Collide. It's got pokemon and digimon also with mega and primal evolutions.

Years
Hello does anyone know of a fan game or rom hack that isn't the typical pokemon game kind of like Pokemon Run how you dont have to beat gyms but instead you have a different journey.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Sep 30, 2023
While I am not sure about a game like Pokemon Run. I've just played Pokemon Rising Rocket and I recommend it. A different battle system, a story where your choices affect everything, conquering of cities, and recruit people to Team Rocket's cause. It is mostly main complete story was, but still is being updated to patch bugs and add side quest and recruitable.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Jul 14, 2019
Any Complete Fan Games with increased shiny odds? As I have just finished a shiny only playthrough of Solar Light Lunar Dark and am looking for a new game

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Jul 18, 2019
Hello i wanna know if theyre any pokemon rom hacks that can be randomizers as im very interested in them. It doesnt matter the región or anything although i Will like if it had a cool story or a discord server where i can talk to people

Last edited:

TheAlmightyBlaziken

Pretty cool if I do say so myself
Years
Hello i wanna know if theyre any pokemon rom hacks that can be randomizers as im very interested in them. It doesnt matter the región or anything although i Will like if it had a cool story or a discord server where i can talk to people

Pokemon Gaia has a randomizer heres a link for it I thought it was pretty good

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=326118 The link for the game
http://www.sphericalice.com/romhacking/hacks/gaia/universal-pokemon-randomizer-gaia.zip The link for the randomizer

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023

Also, Pokemon Insurgence and Uranium have built in randomizers, although you have to beat the game at least once in order to use the latter.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 19, 2022
Hi,

I've already played quite a few fan games and what I miss is having pokemon from gen 6 and 7.

Do you you know any fan game with every (or a lot of) pokemon from gen 6 and 7?
Preferably with no HMs and playable on PC.
ANd if the game has some difficulty that's a big plus.

Thanks!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 20, 2020
Hi,

I've already played quite a few fan games and what I miss is having pokemon from gen 6 and 7.

Do you you know any fan game with every (or a lot of) pokemon from gen 6 and 7?
Preferably with no HMs and playable on PC.
ANd if the game has some difficulty that's a big plus.

Thanks!

You can play Pokemon Fire Ash. It is an RPGXP game with Ash's storyline

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 19, 2022
Already played Insurgence, it was pretty good.

Fire Ash, I tried until johto, but didn't like to see everything was starting back to low levels.
Also while the map was a bit bigger than the original, it also felt really empty.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 20, 2021
is there a rom hack that has alot of rivals and has the black and white 1 protagonists

Back