• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald

I want to create a Super Training Area where you can battle "Pokémon" for EVs. Should I

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I've found a few bugs, I'll update this list when I finish playing the game:

Instead of "Prof Birch" in one part it says "Rof Birch" It's right after you get your pokedex and you talk to him, iirc.

The trainer on the route next to petalburg mentions a Magikarp, but doesn't have one anymore.

The signal beam tutor thinks the taught you the move, even if you put yes, then cancelled.

Porygon's altitude seems to be messed up

A trainer in the volcano route mentions a Numel, but has a tropius

Idk if this has been reported, but thought it'd be good to do so. Great hack btw!

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
plz can u fix the deoyxs bug cant use it in battle everytime i want to send him out i get either a blue or black screen and the pokeball is in mid-air and i try resetting restarting and nothing seems to work

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 3, 2015
I'm having trouble playing this game. I got the same message as Lunedi and clicked ignore in order to complete the patch but now when I open the game I'm met with a white screen. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Patched with NUPS and US version of Emerald.

Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
Does 1.4 have the new move tutors, and do I have to start a new game or can I simply patch 1.4 onto a new rom and rename it and swap out the old for the new?

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2016
Is this complete? Like...Are pokemons and events and stuff added up to the elite four?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 13, 2015
Just out of curiosity, could you at all post the the game already patched? I'm not allowed to download software on our laptop at home.

Years
can someone plz post a link for the original emerald rom in order to patch it ? i download a (u) version but it doesn't seems to work... probably my mistake cause i am new to romhacking :P thx

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2017
This really is amazing work. For those wanting a "Challenge Mode", I made an half-assed tweak in Auto Hotkey that interacts directly with the Unnamed Trainer Editor GUI (see the Pokémon Emerald 650 post in the resources sub-forum). It allows you to multiply all trainer's Pokémon levels by a given value and set minimum AI levels and IV values. Personally, I recommend that you set them to 1.25, 7 and 200, respectively. That way, E4 Pokémon will be between level 68 and 85 (instead of 54-68). Only Tate & Lisa and Juan will have Pokémon at level 100 in their last rematches, while Steven will be 96-99. Have in mind that since the program interacts directly with the GUI, it is stupidly slow when going through the 894 trainers. If anything weird happens, press CTRL+Q to exit and reload your rom.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8rHqlcAiiQGU3NaVGE5MGd3am8/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
strictly speaking it isn't just the levels/IVs, type of pokemon/movesets used are also relatively subpar and can be improved to a more (legit) competitive style.

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2016
Doing a nuzlocke, and I just beat Roxxane. Here's my team.

:t253: Gerko the Grovyle: Fury Cutter, Mega Drain, Leer, Quick Attack

:t088: Slurp the Grimer(yes, named after Nappy and Shady's GS Soul Link): Pound, Poison Gas, Disable, Mud Slap

Aras the Shinx: Tackle, Spark, Charge, Round Eyes

:t300: Martha the Skitty: Sing, Tackle, Attrack, Charm Voice(which is, for some reason, named like that in this game)

:t274: Dariss the Nuzleaf: Bide, Razor Leaf, Rock Tomb, Bullet Seed

DEAD BOX:

:t268: Geralyn the Cascoon

Also, can someone tell me how to do emoticons of the pokemon SPRITES, not from Shuffle? I know it's possible cause this guy did it: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8766967&postcount=71

But on the emoticon list, thoose aren't there.

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
deoyxs in theta emerald 1.4 is bugged and cant be used in battle can u fix this as soon as possible plz really want to use it in battle and also im trying to insert legendary pokemon but when im about to engage in battle the game freezes this is the code that i use

#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
special 0x187
compare LASTRESULT 2
if == jump 0x81A7AE0
special 0x188
lock
faceplayer
checksound
cry CHIMECHO 2
waitcry
pause 0x14
playsound 0x156 0x0
battle CHIMECHO 0x4B NONE
setflag 0x807
special 0x138
waitspecial
clearflag 0x807
special2 0x800D 0xB4
compare LASTRESULT 1
if == jump 0x8162558
compare LASTRESULT 4
if == jump 0x8162561
compare LASTRESULT 5
if == jump 0x8162561
setflag 0x1211
release
end

can someone plz help me with this grealty appreciate it(chimecho is just an example ill just change the code to match whatever legendary i want later)

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2016
Doing a Nuzlocke of this and just beat Brawly.

:t253: Gerko the Grovyle: Fury Cutter, Pursuit, Mega Drain, Quick Attack

:t088: Slurp the Grimer: Sludge, Poison Gas, Disable, Mud-Slap

Aras the Luxio: Tackle, Spark, Charge, Round Eyes

:t300: Martha the Skitty: Double Slap, Tackle, Charm Voice, Attract

:t274: Dariss the Nuzleaf: Bide, Razor Leaf, Rock Tomb, Bullet Seed

:t005: Ozai the Charmeleon: Dragon Rage, Ember, Scratch, Smokescreen

ALIVE BOX:
:t001: Venus the Bulbasaur

:t349: Flappy the Feebas

:t456: Abby the Fineon

:t370: Goddess the Luvdisc

:t027: Sash the Sandshrew

:t293: Basslord the Whismur
DEAD BOX:

:t268: Geralyn the Cascoon

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 7, 2015
how to download and patch this game i love to play this game pls tell me and guide me thank you so much

guyz how to download and patch this game i want to play this game pls tell and guide me pls pls pls

i dont know how to patch

Last edited by a moderator:

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
Which game does this patch work for? The Gen III one?

You'll want to patch to a clean Emerald (English version) rom.

I'm having trouble playing this game. I got the same message as Lunedi and clicked ignore in order to complete the patch but now when I open the game I'm met with a white screen. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Patched with NUPS and US version of Emerald.

Just out of curiosity, could you at all post the the game already patched? I'm not allowed to download software on our laptop at home.

can someone plz post a link for the original emerald rom in order to patch it ? i download a (u) version but it doesn't seems to work... probably my mistake cause i am new to romhacking :P thx

how to download and patch this game i love to play this game pls tell me and guide me thank you so much

guyz how to download and patch this game i want to play this game pls tell and guide me pls pls pls

i dont know how to patch

It's against forum rules to post rom files or links to rom files, as this condones piracy. If you're having trouble with the patching process, send me a PM and I can help you out.

Found a bug for you, just continuously rolls the text in the text box. Don't know if you just want to put a warning showing this is an issue or fix it, seeing as it isn't really an issue it's just a possible freeze:

https://i.gyazo.com/2a3c9468de4bfdae1450e242972b36b4.png

From OP under the Bugs/Glitches spoiler: For some reason, if you watch a TV that's on, there might be a chance that it will cause the game to have a text string that repeats forever, which makes the game unplayable, unless you reset the game. So, be careful with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back