• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga It's not like I want you to post in me or anything, b-baka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
Years
  • Is it slower than the more recent version? Lol.

I'm actually watching the 1999 version first, I checked the 'arcs' and it seems the new version goes faster...

Is anyone reading Bleach at the moment? Or, more specifically, read the latest (685)?

Spoiler: Chapter 685
    It's finally finishing? After all this build up to the final fight this flash-forward ending seems odd. Unless its some kind of bluff to see an alternate future before Ichigo actually nails this guy.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Hi guys! It's been a long time since I've watched any anime and was kinda hoping for some recommendations! I like those really unfair animes :P or when the evil forces are really strong for the good guys, as in Hunter X Hunter, or Berserker. I also like series that focus a lot in intelligence, such as Death Note or Code Geass. I love sports anime mix with DN's style, such as "One Out" anyway, if there's anything like that, let me know :P

Re:Zero, Sacred Seven, Psycho-Pass, Steins;Gate?

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • Really?

I'm enjoying a lot of them and there are still a few I want to check out.

Years
  • Sometimes, you just hit a period where you don't feel like watching anything. It happens. Sometimes you need to jump start it by finding a series you've been putting off watching for ages, or just pick something you were planning to watch in the future at random.

I've not started anything this season yet, myself, but I fell way behind in June and July.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • New anime is bad when you choose quantity over quality. If you just pick one or two shows that really interest you, it's a successful season for you. And if a season doesn't have anything that interests you, there are always previous seasons and previous years.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • Just finished watching Golden Time and I really enjoyed it!

Has anyone else seen it?

Mimikyu

I haven't been following the latest animu seasons.

Been catching up on mangoes instead. RIP Tegami Bachi and Nisekoi, you had good runs. o7

Years
  • RIP Bleach man, my childhood ;-;

In other news still waiting for these bastards to find a clue about the One Piece.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • After saying all these things about Bleach a while back, I actually ended up picking up the manga in time for the ending. And honestly, it's not that bad of a read when you marathon arcs. You can see that Kubo REALLY slowed down the pace after 300 chapters, adding a lot of filler fights just so that every character would get to fight, but on a weekly basis, I could see why people would just stop enjoying it.

Might even say that I enjoyed reading everything until the end of the Aizen arc. Fullbring arc was total miss though, it had potential, but Kubo managed to make the whole arc feel like filler. Only good part was seeing post time skip classmates and sisters, and maybe watching Orihime turn into a complete moeblob, but the plot really suffers after a while. And Quincy arc is where Kubo decided to turn everything upside down with some major twists about Ichigo himself. I'm still going through that arc, but the manga does get quite tiring at that point since Kubo really doesn't know how to do battles anymore. Everything turned into the formula where good guys beat bad guys, but bad guys don't die and are unscratched, so they proceed to beat the good guys into a half dead stage, and then the good guys find some source of power or reveal hidden bankai that turns the battle and kills the bad guy. It's really exhausting after a while, though some characters are always fun to watch like Zaraki Kenpachi fighting a guy who can turn his imagination into reality. It was kind of an interesting move from Kubo to make Zaraki fight Gremmy because if there's one guy who's power is beyond imagination, it's Zaraki (and well, Ichigo).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back