• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Doesn't Anyone Get Confused With What Section To Post In This Forum?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 8, 2024
During my time posting in this forum I've noticed many of the posts I make either get moved to another section which is kind of okay or else put onto somebody else's post which does cause confusion by a moderator. There are so many categories that it's very hard knowing which my topic fits into. Like this very one I'm making here. Not sure whether it fits into off topic or community square. Glad that the staff don't punish users for these rules though as it's a so easy mistake to make. :)

Last edited:
Years
Honestly, the reason why a lot of threads get moved is because some users are selective about the sections they visit, and it can cause immediate confusion on where threads go.

Really, reading the rules (forum and section) will probably help you making sure that threads never get moved.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
If you think this is an actual issue with the forums then the Feedback and Support forum would be better for this thread. This section is for casual discussions.

What other sections are you having trouble with?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
If you're unsure of where is the most appropriate place to post a certain thread, you can always ask, people have done that before.

Weather ist verboten would go into Off-Topic and not Community Square, unless you wanted to talk about the science behind certain weather phenomena, which you'd then put into Science & Technology.

There is inevitably going to be threads that could fit into 2 different sections though, we've had that before too.

if you put anything trading related in anything other than the Trade Corner, idk what to tell you tho, people need to stop doing that

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 8, 2024
Just when people start getting smart over a spelling mistake I guess you don't know that over here Mom is spelled Mum and center is spelled centre. Even I spelled centre as center once in a college exam. They told me that if I put center it would not pass so in my country centre is the legal way to spell that word.

User19sq

Just when people start getting smart over a spelling mistake I guess you don't know that over here Mom is spelled Mum and center is spelled centre. Even I spelled centre as center once in a college exam. They told me that if I put center it would not pass so in my country centre is the legal way to spell that word.

"Weather" and "Whether" are two different words completely, and not a case of differently-spoken English languages. -w- Example:

"This weather is getting rough."

"Whether I win or lose, I'm happy."

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020

I don't think anyone was trying to be smart over that, weather is actually a common topic in this section so your post was easy to misunderstand. :)

Years
Nah sometimes I get a bit confused between making a thread in PGC and PG but apart from that I don't really have an issue.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 8, 2024
What I got confused about most recent was whether a certain generation 2 game should be posted in the generations section or gaming central.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
I usually read the rules before posting in any section for the first time. If I dont, I usually do before making a thread. You'll get your feel around the forum pretty quickly! :D

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I got moved sometimes because I had a hard time knowing between Pokemon General and Pokemon Gaming Central :') but it's fine, after a while you know where to post imo

Lucid

I mostly get confused because I just read the thread titles and not the threads

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
What I got confused about most recent was whether a certain generation 2 game should be posted in the generations section or gaming central.
I would think that a thread about one of the Gen 2 games would go into the Gen 2 section

But what specifically was the thread to be about?

Back